Dish 942 Lease

After many phone tags with a very nice lady from the Executive Offices of Dish, I finally got in touch last night. They offered the $250 deal to me with no strings attached.:D

But I had to decline for now until I can figure out what path I want to take...drop E* for D* because D* now offers my locals in HD, wait to see what my local cable company does with HD this month (its 6 months late, but they are close to finally starting it up), or take up E* on the lease offer and hope some ABC, NBC, Fox HD broadcasts are made available soon. I have a feeling E* is working on getting the Big 4 on at least for DNS, of which I qualify for NBC and have CBS already. I will need waivers for ABC and Fox, but a neighbor received waivers from them for D* before D* started broadcasting our locals.

I want my locals as much as I want a DVR, but D* hasn't released their MPEG 4 DVR yet and I'm not sure how their upgrade plans would work. I've heard rumors of leasing options, but nothing announced from D* yet.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the 942 to pick up OTA over the 811? I only got 1 station reliably on the 811, the others would work only 5-10% of the time.

The Big Wood said:
After many phone tags with a very nice lady from the Executive Offices of Dish, I finally got in touch last night. They offered the $250 deal to me with no strings attached.:D

When you say no strings attached, do you mean they offered you a 942 with "purchase" price of $250? Not a lease?

Boy, I wish!!! Sorry I didn't make it clearer...but it was no contract signing, turning in a receiver, etc. for leasing the 942 with a $250 upfront fee. But I like your idea better! :D

Bullfrog said:
I just got my 942 last week and the OTA reception is a vast improvement over my 6000. I would have intermittent drop outs with the 6000, but since I got the 942 reception has been solid as a rock. Good Luck.

That is excellent news! I've spent more time on the roof trying to tweak especially for special events (superbowls.) I've upgraded antennas twice, added a booster, a total of 20' of mast to the top of my chimney.

Anyway, the reason it's such great news is I was approved to get a 942 ( wow, it must be the best Holidays ever ;) I should receive it "Friday" - not sure if that is tomorrow or next week.

A big THANKS to the folks in this thread for their advice and knowledge for making this happen.

-CoCoKola

I was just approved for the 942 also. Upgrading from the 6000 which will go in another room. I emailed on Monday 12/5 they called on Tuesday 12/6. My install date is Saturday 12/17. The receiver should be here via ups this week I hope. I need the install for changes from legacy. I hope the installer has all he needs to do the job.
How many of you are using the 2 outputs on the 942 into 1 tv instead of 2?

BrettTRay said:
How did they get in touch with you? Did they email you or call on the phone? I figured they would call.

They called me up about 8 p.m. Pacific. She was extremely nice. I've had nothing but pleasant results from the executive offices. Contrary to a CSR supervisor who called me a "liar" (different story).

It took almost a week before she called me, but it was a very pleaseant conversation and worth the wait.

I haven't received the unit yet. Hopefully it will come soon.

I sent an email and got an email reply 2 days later. I'm approved, but I must upgrade to the HD Pack because "This is a requirement with any of the HD receivers". I suspect they meant HD DVRs and not all HD receivers as I have a 6000u currently.

Does anyone have a HD DVR from E* without the HD Pack?