Dish 942 Lease

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After many phone tags with a very nice lady from the Executive Offices of Dish, I finally got in touch last night. They offered the $250 deal to me with no strings attached.:D

But I had to decline for now until I can figure out what path I want to take...drop E* for D* because D* now offers my locals in HD, wait to see what my local cable company does with HD this month (its 6 months late, but they are close to finally starting it up), or take up E* on the lease offer and hope some ABC, NBC, Fox HD broadcasts are made available soon. I have a feeling E* is working on getting the Big 4 on at least for DNS, of which I qualify for NBC and have CBS already. I will need waivers for ABC and Fox, but a neighbor received waivers from them for D* before D* started broadcasting our locals.

I want my locals as much as I want a DVR, but D* hasn't released their MPEG 4 DVR yet and I'm not sure how their upgrade plans would work. I've heard rumors of leasing options, but nothing announced from D* yet.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the 942 to pick up OTA over the 811? I only got 1 station reliably on the 811, the others would work only 5-10% of the time.

The Big Wood said:
After many phone tags with a very nice lady from the Executive Offices of Dish, I finally got in touch last night. They offered the $250 deal to me with no strings attached.:D

When you say no strings attached, do you mean they offered you a 942 with "purchase" price of $250? Not a lease?

Boy, I wish!!! Sorry I didn't make it clearer...but it was no contract signing, turning in a receiver, etc. for leasing the 942 with a $250 upfront fee. But I like your idea better! :D

Bullfrog said:
I just got my 942 last week and the OTA reception is a vast improvement over my 6000. I would have intermittent drop outs with the 6000, but since I got the 942 reception has been solid as a rock. Good Luck.

That is excellent news! I've spent more time on the roof trying to tweak especially for special events (superbowls.) I've upgraded antennas twice, added a booster, a total of 20' of mast to the top of my chimney.

Anyway, the reason it's such great news is I was approved to get a 942 ( wow, it must be the best Holidays ever ;) I should receive it "Friday" - not sure if that is tomorrow or next week.

A big THANKS to the folks in this thread for their advice and knowledge for making this happen.

-CoCoKola

I was just approved for the 942 also. Upgrading from the 6000 which will go in another room. I emailed on Monday 12/5 they called on Tuesday 12/6. My install date is Saturday 12/17. The receiver should be here via ups this week I hope. I need the install for changes from legacy. I hope the installer has all he needs to do the job.
How many of you are using the 2 outputs on the 942 into 1 tv instead of 2?

BrettTRay said:
How did they get in touch with you? Did they email you or call on the phone? I figured they would call.

They called me up about 8 p.m. Pacific. She was extremely nice. I've had nothing but pleasant results from the executive offices. Contrary to a CSR supervisor who called me a "liar" (different story).

It took almost a week before she called me, but it was a very pleaseant conversation and worth the wait.

I haven't received the unit yet. Hopefully it will come soon.

I sent an email and got an email reply 2 days later. I'm approved, but I must upgrade to the HD Pack because "This is a requirement with any of the HD receivers". I suspect they meant HD DVRs and not all HD receivers as I have a 6000u currently.

Does anyone have a HD DVR from E* without the HD Pack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts