Dish allowed to provide out-of-market locals according to reuters to where not accessable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has a limited impact on Dish since Dish carries every market. The only thing that Dish can do is provide locals not available (i.e. some of the big 4 are not present in the market) and RVs....

I called Dish CSR, I know Scott is going to disagree with me. It looks like Dish is ready to provide distant networks. Just waiting for the everything to be completed with STELA. They looked into my account verified my receiver is eligible to receive distant networks. I am guessing the ones who are not showing up in system as eligible still must been RV's owners. As like some say, once you sell your RV, your no longer eligible. When you have to update information, with proof of registration and ownership. With homes they do it like a rv campsite, for example a particular site in that part of Idaho, is eligible to receive distant networks due to the address. That is probably where part of your money goes when, you pay that fee to park at the campsite. Which the campsite owner, county, or state pays their due to the satellite providers.

Also what is not available either, All American Direct did the same thing. Only if you had waivers directly from your local station or RV's waivers. I sure many people subbing with their RV waivers at their home.

I called Dish CSR, I know Scott is going to disagree with me. It looks like Dish is ready to provide distant networks. Just waiting for the everything to be completed with STELA. They looked into my account verified my receiver is eligible to receive distant networks. I am guessing the ones who are not showing up in system as eligible still must been RV's owners. As like some say, once you sell your RV, your no longer eligible. When you have to update information, with proof of registration and ownership. With homes they do it like a rv campsite, for example a particular site in that part of Idaho, is eligible to receive distant networks due to the address. That is probably where part of your money goes when, you pay that fee to park at the campsite. Which the campsite owner, county, or state pays their due to the satellite providers.

Well there you go! A CSR said it! That MUST be the final word, as Charlie himself must brief these guys each day.

Oh, wait! Who is it that actually talks with Charlie? Oh, right. And WHO has contacts throughout Dish that try to keep Scott on the straight and narrow (informed)? Who has their hand on the rod, so to speak?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dish allowed to provide out-of-market locals according to reuters to where no...

And oh, yes- I've camped in a "few" campgrounds. If they had to pay two cents toward satellite reception, they'd have goons seizing and destroying dishes and would ban anyone with a built in one.

"Politely."

And a county or state PAY DISH?

RIGHT!

Yeah, that'll happen. In your dreams. Drunken, drug addled dreams.

....... It looks like Dish is ready to provide distant networks. Just waiting for the everything to be completed with STELA. They looked into my account verified my receiver is eligible to receive distant networks. ...............With homes they do it like a rv campsite, for example a particular site in that part of Idaho, is eligible to receive distant networks due to the address. That is probably where part of your money goes when, you pay that fee to park at the campsite. Which the campsite owner, county, or state pays their due to the satellite providers.

:facepalm

Wow ... good thing I've let it go already ... :eek: :cry: :blah:

It's never gonna happen. Distant nets are gone. Deal with it, already, and move on.
Nowadays, I am being extra-careful to not make any changes to my account so I don't lose my Superstations!
If they take those away, I may have to re-evaluate my future with Dish, and pay-TV in general.

Last edited:
Wow ... good thing I've let it go already ... :eek: :cry: :blah: It's never gonna happen. Distant nets are gone. Deal with it, already, and move on. Nowadays, I am being extra-careful to not make any changes to my account so I don't lose my Superstations! If they take those away, I may have to re-evaluate my future with Dish, and pay-TV in general.

Questions I need to upgrade one of my receivers to MPEG 4 the other one is already Will I looses my superstations when I upgrade the one receiver ?

Rusty I have a feeling no matter what your told you will still say they are coming to DISH. And I thought Fantasyland was only found in Disney Theme Parks. :D

CSR's are the last to know ANYTHING. If you are a pain and keep calling them and hounding them about the same thing each time you call (notes are kept for each call) some CSR's will tell you anything to get you off the phone as they have other customers to take care of with real issues.

As of yesterday I was again told DISH has no plans to offer out of market locals since they offer all DMA's.

Read your own title to this thread... "Dish allowed to provide out of maket locals... where not accessible." Since they cover all the DMA's they cant offer out of market locals. It's that simple.

Rusty I have a feeling no matter what your told you will still say they are coming to DISH. And I thought Fantasyland was only found in Disney Theme Parks. :D CSR's are the last to know ANYTHING. If you are a pain and keep calling them and hounding them about the same thing each time you call (notes are kept for each call) some CSR's will tell you anything to get you off the phone as they have other customers to take care of with real issues. As of yesterday I was again told DISH has no plans to offer out of market locals since they offer all DMA's. Read your own title to this thread... "Dish allowed to provide out of maket locals... where not accessible." Since they cover all the DMA's they cant offer out of market locals. It's that simple.

Does this not apply in markets that do not have all of the channels ? Alpena MI gets out of market channels from Flint/Bay City to cover NBC But that is totally different than Distance channels. In that case they are importing a channel to cover a network that is not available in that market.

Does this not apply in markets that do not have all of the channels ? Alpena MI gets out of market channels from Flint/Bay City to cover NBC But that is totally different than Distance channels. In that case they are importing a channel to cover a network that is not available in that market.

The bill allows them to import a distant for short markets (missing an ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox). But, the imported channel will most likely be a neighboring DMA since they would already be on the same spot beam.

In short markets a lot of times one of the local stations may have a secondary affiliation to a network but do not broadcast all the programs. They get to pick and choose. In these markets that station may have exclusivity for the "short" network and be able to keep out the distant (neighboring market) channel.

In short markets a lot of times one of the local stations may have a secondary affiliation to a network but do not broadcast all the programs. They get to pick and choose. In these markets that station may have exclusivity for the "short" network and be able to keep out the distant (neighboring market) channel.

In the case of Alpena, Dish use to offer CBS & PBS from Alpena and Fox, NBC and ABC out of Bay City However today Dish was forced to remove the HD feeds for Fox and ABC since they were put on secondary feeds of their current CBS station. This was required since the SD feeds are now available over the air in Alpena

I just called Dish twice after reading this.... One CSR didn't know what distant networks were. The other said Dish will not provide distant networks.

Obviously, you need to keep calling CSRs until one tells you what you want to hear! ;)

Keep calling till one tells you they are part of the Top 250 package, would you like to upgrade.......

Also, a House Panel voting for this is a long way from passing legislation in both chambers plus signature from The White House...

Keep calling till one tells you they are part of the Top 250 package, would you like to upgrade.......

Shoulda gone for the AEP. ;)

Obviously, you need to keep calling CSRs until one tells you what you want to hear! ;) Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have account setup so it doesn't get connected to the philippine call center, I would recommend speaking to someone in the United States. I don't call every day either like some think, last time when I called was 6 month ago about this concern.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)