Dish allowed to provide out-of-market locals according to reuters to where not accessable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Incredible, just incredible.

New agenda item for our quarterly Conspiritors meeting.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dish allowed to provide out-of-market locals according to reuters to where no...

Didn't y'all know for is special account holders we got grandfathered in? They just told the little people that they closed up shop.

I am staying with dish iceberg, since my receiver is grandfather to receive distant. What zach is saying that the csr is wrong about dish going to provide distant networks. Zach doesn't have my account information, unless Scott and Charlie are close friend. I am guessing they talked about me, and Scott probably asked Charlie to search up a Hawaii account who had distant networks. Then Scott to asked Zach to give me the bad news. If this is the case, it is illegal to go into someone account without their permission. We were properly receiving distant networks, with waivers granted from our local affiliates.

This is really "out there". Zack's comment was completely generic. All he said was that Dish is not reexamining their position on distant nets. It had nothing to do with your account.

For the last few years that distant nets were available to Dish receivers, it was through a separate company (All American Direct). This happened the day after the courts permanently barred Dish Network from providing any distant networks. That company went under. From that date forward distant nets have not been available to Dish receivers. No amount of waivers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, friends in the industry, connections to the mob or presidential edicts would change the fact that distant networks were not available to Dish receivers.

In a separate and parallel actions, subsequent law amendments and FCC rulings allowed Dish to import neighboring nets to "short" markets under some pretty restrictive guidelines. Dish has added several neighboring nets to many short markets where they could (both technically and legally).

Hawaii is not a "short" market under any definition, therefore, unless something drastic changes, distant networks will NEVER be available in Hawaii again.

As to other comments from other members here, please keep your comments about the topic and not about other members.

Didn't y'all know for is special account holders we got grandfathered in? They just told the little people that they closed up shop.
They did close up shop. There is no special account, secret password, back door, or double secret probation. Dish does not offer distant networks to anyone.

In some television markets, where a particular network is not available Dish *MAY* be allowed to fill that gap by importing a network channel from a neighboring TV market.
The definition of "Network" in the law only really fits ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It could be stretched to fit the CW but it has never really been recognized as such.

They did close up shop. There is no special account, secret password, back door, or double secret probation. Dish does not offer distant networks to anyone.

In some television markets, where a particular network is not available Dish *MAY* be allowed to fill that gap by importing a network channel from a neighboring TV market.
The definition of "Network" in the law only really fits ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It could be stretched to fit the CW but it has never really been recognized as such.

It was a joke lol haha funny

Sorry... I need to adjust my sarcasm detector. I was issued a faulty one at birth anyway. "I was being fallacious" is a phrase I came to despise as a kid. :D

Sorry... I need to adjust my sarcasm detector. I was issued a faulty one at birth anyway. "I was being fallacious" is a phrase I came to despise as a kid. :D

So what your saying is there is no special handshake :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Incredible, just incredible.

New agenda item for our quarterly Conspiritors meeting.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Wait, wait. Quarterly? I was told to meet semi annually. So even the conspirators meeting is a conspiracy!

Hawaii is not a "short" market under any definition, therefore, unless something drastic changes, distant networks will NEVER be available in Hawaii again.

So you're saying there's a chance....

I am staying with dish iceberg, since my receiver is grandfather to receive distant. What zach is saying that the csr is wrong about dish going to provide distant networks. Zach doesn't have my account information, unless Scott and Charlie are close friend. I am guessing they talked about me, and Scott probably asked Charlie to search up a Hawaii account who had distant networks. Then Scott to asked Zach to give me the bad news. If this is the case, it is illegal to go into someone account without their permission. We were properly receiving distant networks, with waivers granted from our local affiliates.

Hawaii must have some really awesome weed there.....like better than the best.
I mean how else could you come up with a story like that?

Distants are DEAD...no matter how you try and spin it. You are no longer grandfathered. Simple as that. No matter how many times you tell yourself "yep I am grandfathered" you're not. There are no distants on Dish anymore.

And if you wanted to come to Directv you would have to re qualify again (and get denied as Directv carries your locals)

This thread has been the greatest source of comedy I've had in years, maybe since Harvey Korman and Carol Burnett were doing it. Some really clever responses. Thanks everyone.

Its funny how moderators and long time 80k post regulars can make personal comments about people and not just their comments, but if we regular members make a personal comment, you moderators delete it. Yes, you can delete this one too. You guys have attack the thread starter from the beginning and just think it is the funniest post you have ever read. Come on guys, be nice.

Its funny how moderators and long time 80k post regulars can make personal comments about people and not just their comments, but if we regular members make a personal comment, you moderators delete it. Yes, you can delete this one too. You guys have attack the thread starter from the beginning and just think it is the funniest post you have ever read. Come on guys, be nice.

We're not attacking him. The issue is he continues to start threads about trying to get distant stations because he lost them when AAD went belly up.

Here are the other threads started by the same OP about basically the same subject

basically same thread but worded different
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/336363-Was-reading-the-news-on-STELA-is-it-good-news-for-Dish
figured try the Directv forum to see if he can get distants that way (since they still offer them to RV'ers and folks who LEGALLY qualify...not via waivers)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/336298-Thinking-about-hopping-over-from-Dish-to-Directv
here he wants everyone ot email the FCC for them to offer out of market stations to everyone
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...issioners-about-receiving-out-of-state-locals
he got so desperate he started a new thread about a article from 2005
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/334926-is-this-true-about-distant-networks
and he wanted NY &LA stations part of the Hawaii DMA
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...r-Los-Angeles-locals-to-be-part-of-Hawaii-DMA

bottom line Jerry is the the OP continues to create threads of basically the same thing and is going to get the same answer every time. Dish isnt going to offer distants anymore.

Sounds like the guy asking for every app under the sun for Hopper receivers. A ban for a few days seems to have made him get the hint...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)