Dish America Packs coming back?

New channel (new name) is FYI.

"FYI can stand for “For your inspiration, for your imagination or for your innovation, FYI will be a personalized experience for each viewer.”
“FYI will be an upscale network with a younger and more modern sensibility than what we’ve seen on traditional lifestyle networks, in an effort to appeal to an audience that has been underserved on linear but thrives online.” The company says that FYI is already in development with more than 30 potential series it hopes will “inspire, not instruct, today’s viewers.”

http://www.thewrap.com/ae-networks-rebranding-bio-channel-lifestyle-channel-fyi/

This is exactly the kind of channel I know I have been waiting for. :eek:
Discuss among yourselves.

Aimed at a demographic that doesn't even know they exist and could not care less. And isn't going to watch linear programming.

The big question I have is why the DNS is taking so long propagate?

Taking a look they have the TTL set to a short 300 seconds on both dish.com and mydish.com

A lot of ISP DNS servers will ignore a TTL set that short. That is extremely short for a site like dish.com.

I don't think the domain lapsed. I can make changes to my dns here at SatelliteGuys and the last updated will also say today. The (unconfirmed) word I am getting was that one of their major backend servers failed, so they had to update the DNS to point to one of their backup servers.
I'm just putting two and two together. It certainly appears as though it lapsed from various indications (most importantly the apparent VI registration).
The big question I have is why the DNS is taking so long propagate?
Because whomever hijacked the domain probably set a very high TTL and it will take some time for it to expire. If you set the TTL to 864000 for example, servers that don't ignore the TTL will not update until ten days has passed.

New channel (new name) is FYI.

"FYI can stand for “For your inspiration, for your imagination or for your innovation, FYI will be a personalized experience for each viewer.”
“FYI will be an upscale network with a younger and more modern sensibility than what we’ve seen on traditional lifestyle networks, in an effort to appeal to an audience that has been underserved on linear but thrives online.” The company says that FYI is already in development with more than 30 potential series it hopes will “inspire, not instruct, today’s viewers.”

http://www.thewrap.com/ae-networks-rebranding-bio-channel-lifestyle-channel-fyi/

This is exactly the kind of channel I know I have been waiting for. :eek:
Discuss among yourselves.

Until I clicked on the link, I thought you were joking. Really!

when I go to the Dish site and try to set up a new order, I'm not seeing these as available choices.. (only topXYZ, Select, etc).. how does one get them as a new (and/or returning) customer?

thanks,
Mike

when I go to the Dish site and try to set up a new order, I'm not seeing these as available choices.. (only topXYZ, Select, etc).. how does one get them as a new (and/or returning) customer?
Just pick the lowest that it will allow. After you're hooked up, call, chat, or contact DIRT through here - upgrading will take seconds, or minutes tops. If you pick AT250 now and switch to an American pack, it might be a downgrade as far as Dish is concerned and they'll charge you a downgrade fee ($5).

There is no downgrade fee anymore...it is a change fee, and only charged within 30 days of the last change. For new customers, I think that fee is waived in the first 30 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts