Dish America Packs coming back?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I went ahead and upgraded to DA Silver. I hadn't planned on it until 2015 to get NBCSN for NASCAR but since the package became available, I went ahead and upped as I enjoy IRL, NHL and the sports networks that also came in the pack. Nat Geo is an added bonus. Hopefully, ESPNU will be in the package when it is put up in HD. Since I'm in an SEC state, I'm assuming SEC Network will be as well.

Of note is that MAVTV which was in Dish America is not in DA Silver. Not a deal breaker for me as I never watched it anyways.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I went ahead and upgraded to DA Silver. I hadn't planned on it until 2015 to get NBCSN for NASCAR but since the package became available, I went ahead and upped as I enjoy IRL, NHL and the sports networks that also came in the pack. Nat Geo is an added bonus. Hopefully, ESPNU will be in the package when it is put up in HD. Since I'm in an SEC state, I'm assuming SEC Network will be as well.

Of note is that MAVTV which was in Dish America is not in DA Silver. Not a deal breaker for me as I never watched it anyways.

Did you call to change to DA Silver? When I log into my account, I only see regular/Bronze DA.

I still can't even get the DISH website to work.

I'd like to have a package similar to the 250 without sports & the price to reflect that. I don't care what they call it, but give us some options without sports.

where are they

I can see the PDFs but can't find the Silver and Gold on the site, where they located? Thanks ron

Did you call to change to DA Silver? When I log into my account, I only see regular/Bronze DA.

Actually, I did it via chat. I would have gone through DIRT but it wasn't showing up on my online account. More than anything, I was interested to see what a non-DIRT CSR said. I fully expected to be told it wasn't available and was going to report that here and then go through DIRT.

Just PM a DIRT member on here but, yes, it seems to be known to the regular CSRs.

my 2 cents.. While DA is a good deal, the cost of upgrading to Silver and/or Gold for the few channels gained isnt worth it IMO.
Also, if DA included AMC, FX and Nick, i'd be all over it.

Is the Guide that Scott posted the current list of channels in each pack?

Pretty much so. The only difference I see is NBCSN in Silver which was reported here on the site earlier.

If that was the case then why does Apple take down their store before they announce new products? :)
I can think of a couple of compelling reasons:

1. They need to swap in the information about the new products and update information (including pricing) on existing products
2. No website can handle the kind of instantaneous load that making sure everyone has heard the presentation relieves
Needless to say they are making changes to the website. It will be fully up and running at full power shortly.
I bet they didn't make any significant changes other than renewing their domain that had lapsed.

Fox stations were never part of Dish America packs when they launched. That was always a hold up for many

Not having FX and AMC was the main reason we moved down from AT200 w/BB@H to AT120 w/Heartland instead of DA Bronze w/Heartland during last years price increase. Those are my two most watched channels.

I can think of a couple of compelling reasons:

1. They need to swap in the information about the new products and update information (including pricing) on existing products
2. No website can handle the kind of instantaneous load that making sure everyone has heard the presentation relieves

Nice theory, except in most cases with Apple the new product is not available in the store even after they bring it online.

I bet they didn't make any significant changes other than renewing their domain that had lapsed.
I don't think the domain lapsed. I can make changes to my dns here at SatelliteGuys and the last updated will also say today. The (unconfirmed) word I am getting was that one of their major backend servers failed, so they had to update the DNS to point to one of their backup servers.

The big question I have is why the DNS is taking so long propagate?

Taking a look they have the TTL set to a short 300 seconds on both dish.com and mydish.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> @localhost dish.com ANY
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 52145
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 8, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;dish.com. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
dish.com. 300 IN TXT "v=spf1 a:mailout1.dishnetwork.com a:mailout2.dishnetwork.com a:mailout3.dishnetwork.com a:mailout.dish.com ~all"
dish.com. 300 IN TXT "google-site-verification=1IRiy-kCjwaI5A4YNTSXLEE8AcxiRHwy70qtmV3RET4"
dish.com. 300 IN TXT "google-site-verification=AlAM-2gDHPArMMBv4LvQrNEnZAGEzUngNT2H-5hY4u0" "" ""
dish.com. 300 IN MX 10 mailin.dish.com.
dish.com. 3600 IN SOA ns-1.dishnetwork.com. hostmaster.dishnetwork.com. 246 900 600 86400 3600
dish.com. 187 IN A 66.170.250.4
dish.com. 3600 IN NS ns-2.dishnetwork.com.
dish.com. 3600 IN NS ns-1.dishnetwork.com.

;; Query time: 172 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Feb 5 18:31:21 2014
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 451

There is a DNS issue out there somewhere.

New channel (new name) is FYI.

"FYI can stand for “For your inspiration, for your imagination or for your innovation, FYI will be a personalized experience for each viewer.”
“FYI will be an upscale network with a younger and more modern sensibility than what we’ve seen on traditional lifestyle networks, in an effort to appeal to an audience that has been underserved on linear but thrives online.” The company says that FYI is already in development with more than 30 potential series it hopes will “inspire, not instruct, today’s viewers.”

http://www.thewrap.com/ae-networks-rebranding-bio-channel-lifestyle-channel-fyi/

This is exactly the kind of channel I know I have been waiting for. :eek:
Discuss among yourselves.

New channel (new name) is FYI.

"FYI can stand for “For your inspiration, for your imagination or for your innovation, FYI will be a personalized experience for each viewer.”
“FYI will be an upscale network with a younger and more modern sensibility than what we’ve seen on traditional lifestyle networks, in an effort to appeal to an audience that has been underserved on linear but thrives online.” The company says that FYI is already in development with more than 30 potential series it hopes will “inspire, not instruct, today’s viewers.”

http://www.thewrap.com/ae-networks-rebranding-bio-channel-lifestyle-channel-fyi/

This is exactly the kind of channel I know I have been waiting for. :eek:
Discuss among yourselves.
That's some Grade A, Top-of-the-Line, State-of-the-Art marketing BS right there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts