DISH Comcast Dispute?

imho the per channel price would go up, but the number of channels you buy would be less

i would be willing to pay @ $1-$2 a channel for the 30-40 channels i may watch

there would be many channels that wouldnt make it and disappear, opening up bandwidth for more hd or 4k content

Reactions: TheKrell
actually the more popular the lower it could be, more subs means the cost is spread around more
if you charge too much, people wont sub

now channels that no one watches will be sky high, and most likely disappear

in my perfect world the bill would have a channel cost and a separate fee the provider charges to re transmit the channel
everything would be in the open

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
i do know there have been bills introduced

and it may be time to try again, with all the stuff going on in politics, it could get attention

My opinion. Let Comcast pull the channels. Once they pull them then Dish stops paying them the huge number they are paying them now. Bottom line, Comcast profits and ebitda drops while Dish stays mostly the same! Charlie has the edge here.

He still gets the same subscriptions fees, and saves tons of money (all falling too the bottom line) by stopping all payments to Comcast.

I'm using mostly is that for every 10000 Dish subscribers he knows that maybe 1 or 2 will call to demand a credit for the lost channels. The rest will just keep paying. So a .1% drop if revenue compared to the windfall amount of increased savings by not having to pay the blackmailing Comcast is a business financial no-briainer. Even if it's only a 1 or 2 week outage his savings will be huge amortized over the year!

This is what is really in Charlies brain right now. Comcast may hold the cards, but Charlie knows that losing a hand here and there he will walk away with more money than he went into the game with.

Assuming (guess) a 2 Million/yr for Comcast and an outage of 2-3 weeks of outage that's about $120,000 to the bottom line pure and simple profit. While 96% of all his subscribers still keep the cash flow going. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

The only long term looser in this battle will be Comcast, short term hurt to the subscribers.

Amazing a dying industry is trying to kill itself faster. With an OTA antenna and less than $20 per month for Netflix and Amazon prime I could get all I can watch and free 2 day shipping on purchases, music, eBooks, video, and photos. My message to Comcast and Dish is stop making your customers mad and try to figure out how to save your industry with lower prices and better services. Look what happened to the US Manufacturing industry when the unions and owners fought. . It went overseas.

The problem of course, is that Dish has been steadily seeing a decline in subs and these battles are part of the reason imo.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

My opinion. Let Comcast pull the channels. Once they pull them then Dish stops paying them the huge number they are paying them now. Bottom line, Comcast profits and ebitda drops while Dish stays mostly the same! Charlie has the edge here.

He still gets the same subscriptions fees, and saves tons of money (all falling too the bottom line) by stopping all payments to Comcast.

I'm using mostly is that for every 10000 Dish subscribers he knows that maybe 1 or 2 will call to demand a credit for the lost channels. The rest will just keep paying. So a .1% drop if revenue compared to the windfall amount of increased savings by not having to pay the blackmailing Comcast is a business financial no-briainer. Even if it's only a 1 or 2 week outage his savings will be huge amortized over the year!

This is what is really in Charlies brain right now. Comcast may hold the cards, but Charlie knows that losing a hand here and there he will walk away with more money than he went into the game with.

Assuming (guess) a 2 Million/yr for Comcast and an outage of 2-3 weeks of outage that's about $120,000 to the bottom line pure and simple profit. While 96% of all his subscribers still keep the cash flow going. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

The only long term looser in this battle will be Comcast, short term hurt to the subscribers.
I disagree with just about everything you said.
The Dish loyalists will be the only ones that will keep paying dish like nothing ever happend.

The rest will buy their programming else where and demand credits.
And I bet it will be far more than 2 per 10,000.
Especially when the Sling customers whom already are 600,000 of Dish networks customers base could switch to Play station Vue and get way more channels and 5 streams of service including the potential dropped channels.

The dropped NBC locals alone in that list, are mostly Huge city's like NY and Philadelphia are really going pissed off Dish customers.

You aren't talking about a single Local market in Wyoming.

But some of you guys need to remove the Blinders if you think this dispute wouldn't have a huge impact on Dish.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts