Dish Comm stopped working

reynoltd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Gaylesville, Alabama
I just noticed that I was charged the extra $ 5.00 for my 2nd receiver not calling in. I looked in diagnostics and noticed it hadn't dialed out via dishcomm in over a month, looks like since last software upgrade. Nothing has changed with the 2 receivers, both are still plugged directly into the wall outlets, no surge protectors. However now neither receiver is seeing the other, I get an "Off line" message in red on both receivers. Can someone help me with this, I tryed resetting both receivers, unplugging, and tried running dish comm setup but nothing seems to fix the problem Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.:confused:

Do you have the ability to move them so that they are both on the same wall outlet or power strip (not surge protector) - just to test? If they don't work on the same wall outlet then it is either software or hardware related and we can remove the possibility of something going on with the wiring

I just had the same problem except both of my 622's were plugged into a power center. They had been set up this way for quite awhile and were working without problems. One receiver was connected to a phone line while the other used DishComm to access the same phone line. On my most recent billing I got the $5.00 access charge and after checking my receivers I saw that one had not dialed out since 08/20/08. This is very strange as I never received a warning that the receiver couldn't dial out. I have seen this warning in the past but nothing this time.

It seems like a software upgrade (probably 6.13 which spooled on 08/28/08) changed something about DishComm. I tried deleting the DishComm information and setting it up again but I can't get it to work anymore. The receiver with the phone line connected still says local when checking the phone system setup but the other receiver now says not connected while it used to say remote.

For now I've plugged both receivers into the phone line. Anyone with any information regarding this matter?

I just had the same problem except both of my 622's were plugged into a power center. They had been set up this way for quite awhile and were working without problems. One receiver was connected to a phone line while the other used DishComm to access the same phone line. On my most recent billing I got the $5.00 access charge and after checking my receivers I saw that one had not dialed out since 08/20/08. This is very strange as I never received a warning that the receiver couldn't dial out. I have seen this warning in the past but nothing this time.

It seems like a software upgrade (probably 6.13 which spooled on 08/28/08) changed something about DishComm. I tried deleting the DishComm information and setting it up again but I can't get it to work anymore. The receiver with the phone line connected still says local when checking the phone system setup but the other receiver now says not connected while it used to say remote.

For now I've plugged both receivers into the phone line. Anyone with any information regarding this matter?

This is exactly what happened to me, same date and all. This has to be a software issue. Surprised that no one else had this happen to them.:confused:

This is exactly what happened to me, same date and all. This has to be a software issue. Surprised that no one else had this happen to them.:confused:

I had a warning message this morning on my 722, and tried to reset the connection and it still wouldn't work. However on the system info screens it states last connection was today's date. So go figure.

I've been seeing the message the receiver hasn't been able to call out automatically for the last few weeks. This morning, it showing "Not Connected", I'm assuming to Dish's network services. This is the first time I've seen that. I've also gotten Failure on the broadband test.

Ditto here. I've never had any problems with my broadband connection, but got the $5 fee last month. I called to get it removed, and when I did I was still "connected". Today a woke up to the access fee warning. Sure enough "not connected". It has an IP address, but apparently not online.

I was on a chat with Dish support today. They confirmed there is a problem with the broadband network functionality. To sum it up, here is what the tech said...

(xxxxxxx) DishTech: I will forward this information to our engineers, we have already been made aware of the issue and are working diligently on a fix.

I was on a chat with Dish support today. They confirmed there is a problem with the broadband network functionality. To sum it up, here is what the tech said...

What a great company Dish is. They have a problem, receiver that use to call in now doesn't. Get to charge the customer an extra $ 5.00. Extra profit for them.:mad:

I just spent 2 hours with Tech Support troubleshooting this very problem. Worked up until 8/11 according to Dish. Nothing has changed, suddenly I am being charged $5 and the receivers don't "See" each other. Even stranger is the fact that my 622 (no phone line) is getting caller ID information from the 722 (phone line) even though they are apparently they are not talking. Anyone else have any luck getting this sorted out. I am growing incredibly frustrated by this.
Bryan

Mine still does not work. I don't believe there is anything anyone can do to fix this. I think it will take another software update to current this problem.

Dish is in no hurry to fix this because they can now charge the extra $5.00 month for the 2nd receiver not calling in.

Isn't there something we can do as a community to let Dish know that until they sort out a problem they created, we feel collectively that they should not impose the fee. Scott, can you poke around? Either they need to fix it or not charge. I don't really even care which.

Isn't there something we can do as a community to let Dish know that until they sort out a problem they created, we feel collectively that they should not impose the fee. Scott, can you poke around? Either they need to fix it or not charge. I don't really even care which.

I went to the online chat and got my $5.00 fee refunded to my account. They said they could only do this once. So for now I had to run a phone line to the second receiver and hook it up to avoid another charge next month. Maybe they will get it fixed soon, but, don't hold your breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts