Dish doesn't take discover, but they do take pulse..

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I noticed Dish only accepts Visa and MC, Nyce, Star and Pulse.

I recently got a Discover card and lo and behlold, it says "pulse" on it.

So I made a payment with it, and it worked!

Amex is just as bad when I worked for a power generation company I had a corporate amex, it was always fun finding places that accepted that when I was traveling.

I have been paying my bill with Amex for the last two years. Dish prefers you to use Visa or MC because it costs them less.

Amex is just as bad when I worked for a power generation company I had a corporate amex, it was always fun finding places that accepted that when I was traveling.

Amex use to be horrible, I never understood why anyone bothered getting a card with them. When I ran a business back in the 80's and 90's, I wouldn't accept Amex unless the person had no other card, because Amex would charge me a dollar if I ran one of their cards. A dollar wasn't much, but MC/Visa, Discover, none of them did that, and over time that dollar fee can add up.

We actually charge a fee when people want to pay with an AmEx card. Those cards cost a business a lot of money and just eats up profits.

We actually charge a fee when people want to pay with an AmEx card. Those cards cost a business a lot of money and just eats up profits.

That is illegal. If you agree to using AMEX at all, you are forbidden from charging extra for it versus Visa or MC.

What is the name of your business so that I can check it out?

That is illegal. If you agree to using AMEX at all, you are forbidden from charging extra for it versus Visa or MC.

What is the name of your business so that I can check it out?

I believe they passed a law now allowing businesses to charge a processing fee on credit card purchases. I think this went into affect within the last two years.

Reactions: navychop
I think its'a screw that AmEx gets away with charging almost double of what MC and Visa charge a business for purchases. When I sell a customer a house full of appliances and some TVs that credit card charge is a big chunk of money out of my profit.

I believe they passed a law now allowing businesses to charge a processing fee on credit card purchases. I think this went into affect within the last two years.

Businesses can charge extra for credit cards but can't charge more for American Express than Visa, per its contract. Merchants have the option of not accepting Amex at all.

Businesses can charge extra for credit cards but can't charge more for American Express than Visa, per its contract. Merchants have the option of not accepting Amex at all.

Well I can't even remember the last time a customer wanted to use an AmEx card so it's never been an issue. We do not charge anything for MC, Visa and Discover. Occasionally we will offer a discount for customers if they pay with cash or check, it's one way to get around it.

You can establish an autopay with Amex on Dish. Even though the name isn't there, simply use the Amex card number and it works....

At my last employer, we (grudgingly) accepted AMEX, but there was no agreement not to charge more.

We didn't surcharge cc sales anyway. Should have.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Amex was a joy as a corporate card to have. Back in the day I worked for a company that forced us to use Diners Club.... Talk about a scavenger hunt everytime I was traveling trying to find a restaurant that took it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)