DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Well perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but,i despise those station identification logos and twitter birds all over the screen too.Maybe it doesn't bother some as much as it does me.

Well perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but,i despise those station identification logos and twitter birds all over the screen too.Maybe it doesn't bother some as much as it does me.
I've been watching "Lost" on G4 on mondays and i swear everytime Jin or Sun talk and it's subtitled, G4 bug explodes at the bottom right and causes you to miss half the conversation! lol

I've been watching "Lost" on G4 on mondays and i swear everytime Jin or Sun talk and it's subtitled, G4 bug explodes at the bottom right and causes you to miss half the conversation! lol

That's insane.It's getting to the point that it's almost better to watch an entire show on dvd,netflix or amazon/itunes.At least there are no ads and no annoying channel logos.

That's insane.It's getting to the point that it's almost better to watch an entire show on dvd,netflix or amazon/itunes.At least there are no ads and no annoying channel logos.
Or no edits or cuts like in repeated programming. For the most part, if a show is worth my time watching, it's worth owning.

depends on how many commercial breaks they have during the show/movie ;)
They dont do it during the show itself.....just during the commercial breaks

Well thats not nearly as bad then.I thought they ran it during the show.

WSJ has an article on AMC and how they are now suffering. It is free to view at the moment:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...71812.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

AMC's namesake channel, known for shows like "The Walking Dead," saw average prime-time viewership decline between 7% and 9% each week during the last three weeks of July, compared with the same period a year earlier, according to Nielsen.

To make up for the ratings shortfall, the network is giving advertisers so called "make-goods," or free ad time back to advertisers, according to media buyers.

He also warned that losing Dish, which provided around 13% of AMC networks' average subscriber base, would have a "material impact" on future profits. Analysts at Evercore Partners, a Wall Street firm, estimate AMC's third-quarter profit could be reduced by 32% due to the loss of Dish, compared to if it did contribute to the financial results.

32% reduced profits... In 2011 EBITDA was 444.5 million 32% loss is around $142 million. It will not take many years for Dish to hurt them as much as they might get from a VOOM lawsuit...

Also interesting if losing 13% of the households from Dish results in 7-9% loss in viewers, it makes statements by Charlie that Dish viewers do not watch AMC more valid. A fewer % of Dish subscribers must watch AMC than subscribers to other cable systems.

WSJ has an article on AMC and how they are now suffering. It is free to view at the moment:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...71812.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

32% reduced profits... In 2011 EBITDA was 444.5 million 32% loss is around $142 million. It will not take many years for Dish to hurt them as much as they might get from a VOOM lawsuit...

Also interesting if losing 13% of the households from Dish results in 7-9% loss in viewers, it makes statements by Charlie that Dish viewers do not watch AMC more valid. A fewer % of Dish subscribers must watch AMC than subscribers to other cable systems.
It won't take years. With that kind of loss it will be eating the profit margin in just this year. Also the statement about having to give make do's will start to kill their value and advertisers will start going else where. Why not move over to some other net that gives you same demographic they have.

The Dish-AMC issue will become much clearer when the VOOM-Dish trial starts next month. Experts predict this trial will last weeks, not months or years. If we're going to see a settlement it will most likely occur in the next 30-days. We shall see.

They are getting more and more childish, and if they do pull the conventions stunt, they will end up with egg on their face, because nearly everyone will be going WTF?

They are getting more and more childish, ......

but unfortunately, in today's world, this is what works. With the mass amount of younger people that spend all day on fb, twit, and youtube- things of this nature spread like a wildfire. Because of that, it makes news.

:facepalm

Yet for all of this, AMC isn't getting any traction out of anything they are doing. I can tell you that seeing their 'not on Dish' crap show up on my DirecTV system isn't impressing me, nor is it getting to those that actually care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts