DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

This may take the cake concerning Dolan.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058022

"A major barrier to an agreement is Cablevision's strongly-held view that Tribune is attempting to illegally tie the carriage of its Fox affiliate in Hartford to WPIX and other less popular Tribune-owned channels," Seriously? All Tribune need do is remind any Judge that AMC demands the same thing.

Last edited:
I dont know if this has been posted yet but I was watching IFC last night and after it seemed like every commercial break they say
"You're watching IFC.....not on Dish Network"

with a simple IFC logo on the left and Dish's logo with the / through it on the right

Saw that on their commercials that are shown during national programming on other channels.

The more I think about it, Dish just decided they would add years to their lives by not dealing with Dolan........ :)

I dont know if this has been posted yet but I was watching IFC last night and after it seemed like every commercial break they say
"You're watching IFC.....not on Dish Network"

with a simple IFC logo on the left and Dish's logo with the / through it on the right
They've been doing that for at least two weeks or more on all the channels. Defergie has been posting screen shots,

That would get really old.I was watching an ota channel out of Greensboro last week and what do you know,it was a Sinclair owned station.Of course I wouldn't have known that if not for the annoying scroll that said they were about to be pulled from (the dish network).You would think they would figure out a way to only display that for customers that would be efectted.

As for cablevision still running those annoying scrolls is simply idiotic.

I don't recall seeing those scrolls on the viacom channels through dish during the dtv dispute.

That would get really old.I was watching an ota channel out of Greensboro last week and what do you know,it was a Sinclair owned station.Of course I wouldn't have known that if not for the annoying scroll that said they were about to be pulled from (the dish network).You would think they would figure out a way to only display that for customers that would be efectted.

As for cablevision still running those annoying scrolls is simply idiotic.
same here on our local (minneapolis) CW. What made it worse is whgen the scroll popped up the station went to black bar hell on the screen

I don't recall seeing those scrolls on the viacom channels through dish during the dtv dispute.

on D* we had dueling scrolls. One from Viacom and one from Directv

same here on our local (minneapolis) CW. What made it worse is whgen the scroll popped up the station went to black bar hell on the screen

on D* we had dueling scrolls. One from Viacom and one from Directv

Yep black bar here as well.

Those dueling scrolls would have made me tune out real quick.

so, AMC is torturing other providers clients just for dish kicking them out of their service? those AMC owners are great torturers, using innocent people for their experiments!

Re: DISH Drops AMC Networks

so, AMC is torturing other providers clients just for dish kicking them out of their service? those AMC owners are great torturers, using innocent people for their experiments!

A logo is torture, really? I understand the 'Dish can do no wrong thing' but sheesh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

so, AMC is torturing other providers clients just for dish kicking them out of their service?

I wouldnt call it "torturing"....Its not like they have the logo on the screen the whole time. Its a whole 4 or 5 second blurb during commercials (which I guess some folks dont skip) ;)

Still,what purpose does it serve to be running those ads on other providers at this point?I'm sure a current dtv or cable customer could care less if Amc is on Dish or not.

Re: DISH Drops AMC Networks

Still,what purpose does it serve to be running those ads on other providers at this point?I'm sure a current dtv or cable customer could care less if Amc is on Dish or not.

It's an attack on mind share, if you don't have Dish but all you ever know about the service is it doesn't have as much HD as DirecTV and doesn't have AMC per the D* and AMC commercials, that customer is that much less likely to consider the service.

This isn't helped by relatively poor Dish advertising.

It's an attack on mind share, if you don't have Dish but all you ever know about the service is it doesn't have as much HD as DirecTV and doesn't have AMC per the D* and AMC commercials, that customer is that much less likely to consider the service.

This isn't helped by relatively poor Dish advertising.

Pretty weak imo.I'm sure its annoying the crap out of many customers to see that banner even though it has nothing to do with them.I know it would bother me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)