DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

No Amc for you.

Amc will not return to dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoAMC.JPG

Soup Nazi Says...

The two sides are not talking and there are no plans on bringing the AMC networks back to DISH.

All the popular AMC shows are available the next day from a number of sources.

to the OP, i'm not sure how much of a good idea it is to have your email as your user name. you don't want to get spammed.

The two sides are not talking and there are no plans on bringing the AMC networks back to DISH.
All the popular AMC shows are available the next day from a number of sources.

From what I've read, this is linked to the Voom lawsuit which will have some new progress in September. Perhaps AMC will blink and we'll get it back in time for Walking Dead. I can dream, can't I?

The Joan and Millissa show was available online when it was on WE, no one here watched anything else on there so not sure anything is available. Didn't seem to have much orginal programming, but that's just from me looking briefly at the guide for it from time to time.

Thanks, I don't think we can get full episodes, just short videos. But, will have my wife check it out. I think the Kendra On Top show is in between seasons right now. I hope AMC and Dish can work things out soon.
You might have a better shot at wining the lottery. :eek:

B Day is in a few weeks. Wanted to try the Hopper with PrimeTime any time and auto comercial skip (have old DirecTV HR20s now), rest of family took a vote and said no way unless we can watch the Walking dead (we are big fans).

How much more will it cost me to get the Walking Dead, is the something I can buy on itunes, Amazon? Even if I can watch it 1-2 days later is OK?
Is it in HD?

Suggestions.

B Day is in a few weeks. Wanted to try the Hopper with PrimeTime any time and auto comercial skip (have old DirecTV HR20s now), rest of family took a vote and said no way unless we can watch the Walking dead (we are big fans).

How much more will it cost me to get the Walking Dead, is the something I can buy on itunes, Amazon? Even if I can watch it 1-2 days later is OK?
Is it in HD?

Suggestions.

iTunes and Amazon both! $1.99 SD, $2.99 HD. They have season buys for a discount.

ScottChez said:

Is it in HD?

Suggestions.

If you got a free roku from dish then it is pretty much a two season or more wash. I got one but bought a season pass on iTunes for Breaking Bad, but I'm still coming out ahead. I plan on picking up The walking dead on iTunes when the pass come out. I download them to my iPhone and the HD looks great when I connect it to my HDTV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I contacted AMC about this they said the Walking Dead would not be avl on itunes or other streaming until after season 3 ended. Currently only season 1 and 2 are on. Something about it will only be available via paid media services like Cable or Sat this year at first similar to how Netflix does not get the latest movies until well after release.

I want to watch it 1-3 days airing, any other options? I did a search in Google and it sounds like someone claims they will post each episode it but it does not sound legal to me.

ScottChez said:
When I contacted AMC about this they said the Walking Dead would not be avl on itunes or other streaming until after season 3 ended. Currently only season 1 and 2 are on. Something about it will only be available via paid media services like Cable or Sat this year at first similar to how Netflix does not get the latest movies until well after release.

I want to watch it 1-3 days airing, any other options? I did a search in Google and it sounds like someone claims they will post each episode it but it does not sound legal to me.

If that's the case, then AMC is going out of its way to hurt its viewers (a la Viacom pulling content from the web during the Direct dispute- but even worse since the AMC consumers were willing to pay per episode). Very petty. But if that's how they want to roll, I'll happily watch season three for free as part of my Netflix sub (rather than paying Amazon and giving AMC additional per episode revenue).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts