DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Worthless channel with lame programming.

Not even trolling. I have never had any reason to watch any of it's programming or any of the other channels that got pulled in this dispute
There ya go then. Hey everybody. This guy doesn't like it, so you're crap out of luck. It ain't coming back.

Luckily for him, Charlie won't be dropping any of the channels he likes. Ever.

Not even trolling. I have never had any reason to watch any of it's programming or any of the other channels that got pulled in this dispute

There ya go then. Hey everybody. This guy doesn't like it, so you're crap out of luck. It ain't coming back.

Luckily for him, Charlie won't be dropping any of the channels he likes. Ever.

Heh, there you go, I think he IS Charlie!

:coffee :popcorn

The article was partially incorrect...there was no 'document' titled "poss. settlement" filed with the court. If there were such a document, if would have been filed and marked secure. Instead, this is a comment field used by the clerk of the court that relates to case status of the online eCourt (filings, appearances, motions, etc.). This is strictly an optional comment field that the clerk may or may not update. Obviously, the clerk received information about a possible settlement, but it was probably a bit premature to post this comment field where the public could see it. The parties may have agreed that they need to settle this case, and the parties may agree on many items, but they might not agree on some key items - namely money. For all we know both sides could have agreed to mediation or binding arbitration over the weekend We don't know? But it is fair to assume they are engaged in settlement discussions, and that settlement is a likely outcome at this point. Both sides have seen and each others hand, they know where they stand, and it's in their best interest to put this matter to rest and get back to business.

The article was partially incorrect...there was no 'document' titled "poss. settlement" filed with the court. If there were such a document, if would have been filed and marked secure. Instead, this is a comment field used by the clerk of the court that relates to case status of the online eCourt (filings, appearances, motions, etc.). This is strictly an optional comment field that the clerk may or may not update. Obviously, the clerk received information about a possible settlement, but it was probably a bit premature to post this comment field where the public could see it. The parties may have agreed that they need to settle this case, and the parties may agree on many items, but they might not agree on some key items - namely money. For all we know both sides could have agreed to mediation or binding arbitration over the weekend We don't know? But it is fair to assume they are engaged in settlement discussions, and that settlement is a likely outcome at this point. Both sides have seen and each others hand, they know where they stand, and it's in their best interest to put this matter to rest and get back to business.

Will be nice when its over and the companies can move on

Damn you roku, amazon and vudu!

I can't buy any of the shows here in Puerto Rico.

Ended up unhooking the roku and buying a used apple tv 2 from a friend of mines in order to be able to purchase and stream Tv shows.
iTunes SD looks great for 1.99 each episode.

Anyway, this is the excerpt from the eTrack email notification that has everybody's panties in a uproar:

Last Appearance:
Appearance Date: 10/17/2012
Appearance Time:
On For: Supreme Trial
Appearance Outcome: On Trial --- Information updated
Justice: LOWE, RICHARD B. III
Part: IAS TRIAL READY 56
Comments: 9:30 AM

Future Appearances: --- Information updated
Appearance Date: 10/22/2012 --- Information updated
Appearance Time: --- Information updated
On For: Supreme Trial --- Information updated
Appearance Outcome: --- Information updated
Justice: LOWE, RICHARD B. III --- Information updated
Part: IAS TRIAL READY 56 --- Information updated
Comments: 9:30 AMPOSS. SETTLEMENT --- Information updated

It's hard to believe this thread had grown to 639 pages when Dish Network subscribers don't watch AMC. ;)
I know you're being facetious, but I don't think that a very accurate barometer...hell, I have 117 (118 now) posts in this thread and I've only watched AMC occasionally for a movie here and there, and not since they started showing commercials.

So the spread is 200mil - 1 billion. If I was Charley, I would say anything close to 1 billion and we go our separate ways forever. 200 Million and we can talk.

stvlg1 said:
So the spread is 200mil - 1 billion. If I was Charley, I would say anything close to 1 billion and we go our separate ways forever. 200 Million and we can talk.

The guy who write that article is pulling figures out of him bum. Voom said they lost 500M due to Dish illegally terminating the agreement, plus interest, plus 13-years of profits (lost business opportunity) on the contact, etc. I would imaging 1B would be the starting point, but who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)