DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

you know there is really only one solution for this

a-la-carte

you want it you pay for it, oh and you will pay
that is if enough people want it to validate the sat space

true but with ny locals on national spotbeam, im sure people move

Now that's an oxymoron. You can't have a national spot-beam. A spot beam sends a signal to a very specific smaller area. Conus is national. That said, the only NY locals on Conus are for RVers only.....

Now that's an oxymoron. You can't have a national spot-beam. A spot beam sends a signal to a very specific smaller area. Conus is national. That said, the only NY locals on Conus are for RVers only.....

yeah right, keep beleiving no on outside the ny metro are gets them

OK, let's say you are after HD channels, the only way to get them outside of the metro area is to be within the spot-beam for NYC:

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network ALL

That shows you just how far that spot goes. You can probably see that in MD, but I damned sure cant see it in CA. On the national side, the SD channels are on Conus but you have to get 61.5 to see them. Now, if you are an RVer, you can get the NY HD channels in HD because they are on a different Conus beam.

dish is adding FEARnet this week? Dish.jpg

It doesn't matter if you like AMC or if you've never watched it for one minute in your life. People here are way to smart to miss the main point. You payed for a package that included channel X and now they've taken it away. If you want to believe Dish in saying that it's to save you money then that's your choice. But, whatever they were paying AMC they are no longer paying, which means they are saving money. Since this saving is not being passed on to you then you need to re-examine the whole "we're doing it to save you money scenario". Let's face it, they can do whatever they want and as long as their bottom line is acceptable then all our complaining falls not on deaf ears, but on corporate "who cares" ears. Dish isn't alone here. They all float in the same ocean.

Maybe these have been there all along, but I just noticed SD We, AMC and IFC at channels 391-393. Does that mean they might keep at least the SD versions after all and just stick them in the BB package?

wheil i agree many people do not care, its amazing how many fans of ny teams are in other parts of the country

They can't get the NY RSN's for pro sports anyway, so.........

Last edited:
I was among those (perhaps few) who did watch Sundance on a regular basis. Some movies not found anywhere else. One of just two channels that I still watched in SD, and was hoping to get it in HD someday (the other one is NASA TV). In fact, I was on Sundance channel when it went dark right in the middle of the movie...

Perhaps it's my tough luck, but Dish keeps dropping my favorite channels: VOOM, GolTV, Sundance... No, I am not ready to switch over to another provider. I still have enough channels to watch, and I just signed a 2-year contract to get the Hopper. But it's so frustrating, when your favorite channels are taken away, regardless of the reason... :(

i posted this picture on dishes fb page and they deleted it. i think it may be true. and if was taken down because its being added. thats cool with me.

It's much more likely that they took it down because it was a bald-faced lie.

It doesn't matter if you like AMC or if you've never watched it for one minute in your life. People here are way to smart to miss the main point. You payed for a package that included channel X and now they've taken it away. If you want to believe Dish in saying that it's to save you money then that's your choice. But, whatever they were paying AMC they are no longer paying, which means they are saving money. Since this saving is not being passed on to you then you need to re-examine the whole "we're doing it to save you money scenario". Let's face it, they can do whatever they want and as long as their bottom line is acceptable then all our complaining falls not on deaf ears, but on corporate "who cares" ears. Dish isn't alone here. They all float in the same ocean.

Your complete premise is wrong. They are saving us money too. While I wait for your proof they are not saving us anything, mine is actual, factual, and I know you don't want to hear it, but Dish costs less overall compared to most others, now more than anytime I can remember. To get what comes in their Top200 package is considerably more expensive other places, sometimes with even higher DVR fees.

So I chatted with a CSR today about the AMC debacle and they ended up giving me $15 off for 6 months and a month of free HBO. Although I'll be upset if they do remove AMC since the last season of Breaking Bad is scheduled to start in July. Really hope they get this figured out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)