DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

i posted this picture on dishes fb page and they deleted it. i think it may be true. and if was taken down because its being added. thats cool with me.

I have made a few calls and at the moment it does not appear to be true. (sorry) But I will continue to sniff around and let you know if I hear anything.

On the FEARnet thing, I did more checking around the CSR was wrong. There are currently no plans to launch FearNet on DISH. Sorry to have you get excited again for nothing Gregory. :(

If I head anything about FEARnet I will pass it along.

It doesn't matter if you like AMC or if you've never watched it for one minute in your life. People here are way to smart to miss the main point. You payed for a package that included channel X and now they've taken it away. If you want to believe Dish in saying that it's to save you money then that's your choice. But, whatever they were paying AMC they are no longer paying, which means they are saving money. Since this saving is not being passed on to you then you need to re-examine the whole "we're doing it to save you money scenario". Let's face it, they can do whatever they want and as long as their bottom line is acceptable then all our complaining falls not on deaf ears, but on corporate "who cares" ears. Dish isn't alone here. They all float in the same ocean.

I believe when you read the residential agreement you sign when you have DISH installed and you see the section that says"programming and prices subject to change without notice", says it all.Both D*&E* have that phrase in their contracts.

their csr said it.not me

Sorry they told you a lie gpollock.Its a sad state of affairs when it comes to the csrs you can't believe much of anything they say.I avoid them like the plague.Very fortunate we have satguys and dirt here.

I believe when you read the residential agreement you sign when you have DISH installed and you see the section that says"programming and prices subject to change without notice", says it all.Both D*&E* have that phrase in their contracts.

I believe I mentioned that Dish is not alone and that "D","E" and cable all float in the same ocean. And Tampa, As far a awaiting my Proof. That's easy, I look at my bill and it's the same. When Dish cancels AMC their bill will go down and mine will not. We all know what we signed. Just because we choose the lesser of available evils doesn't mean it's right or that we need to take it with a smile. I'm not saying this Dish decision is an attempt to save us money, Dish is saying that. I just choose to believe they are a bit more self serving than they let on.

Did your bill go up when other channels were added last year or this year? That works both ways. I wouldn't expect Dish raise my package price each and every time they add a channel right at that time. So I don't expect them to lower it either. When all is said and done they will most likely add channels as they said. In the long run you have lost nothing, (In regards to this question - of course you lost AMC...) maybe gained something....... I'm not calling you silly, just to be clear.... but it's silly to make that argument, to expect a decrease/increase each time there is a change.

Last edited:
To those feeling some of us are just being fans of Dish, for me here's the problem with some of what is being posted. When someone says it's their favorite channel, or one they do watch often and don't want to lose it, then say they will have to switch providers, I understand that. I may not switch even over one channel, but I would have to consider it for a couple.

That's not what many of us are actually reacting to. From a post about you will switch, then seeing something about "like thousands others will" or similar.... That's where my reality is different than yours. Not over AMC, based on viewer ratings.
Then I see the list of channels no longer on Dish, and I have to dissect them because the list is being used to make the point it isn't just AMC, but a list of channels so that's why people will leave. So VOOM is on the list. Who carries VOOM? Oh ya, no one. The NY RSN's. No question, one little minor detail - that affects a miniscule amount of subscribers to Dish, even if every subscriber in that DMA wanted those, which they don't. It DOES affect all subscribers in not passing along those costs.
The Disney dispute is litigate, except what are we really talking about? Cartoon channels in SD as well as a couple of ESPN channels in SD, not the main ones. I could be missing a channel that was dropped because of it, I don't remember one. CNBC World? Seriously? You can always find someone who misses any channel, but again my premise is these are not channels people are leaving Dish over. I do think someone already thinking of switching might be put over the edge over AMC and it's channels. But certainly no large amount of viewers.

The whole problem is, that you should decide what channels you want. Not them. Not any provider. You got to remember something here. They are not a public utility. You should dictate your service not them! If you go to the same gas station for years, and now they only sell premium instead of regular; Are you gonna continue to go to that same station??? Maybe for awhile, but supply and price will eventually dictate whom gets your business. They aren't dropping these channels or only receiving sd versions for your bottom line; its their bottom line. Yes I loved Dish equipment; however it got be a case of give and take, in regards to programming and pricing. Dish is doing all the taking and the subs doing the giving. They are only responsive to their bottom line; and will continue to take from you (as any supplier will) as long as you let them. Remember, squeaky wheel gets the grease!

If you mean dictate by not using their service, yes that's exactly how you get the message across. So taking your example, I do look at supply and price. Dish still wins for me, and I'm betting losing AMC will not change the balance for most. In my case, dish could actually raise their service depending on what they get to replace the channels..... Obviously if I lived in NY I would not feel the same if I was a sports fan. Though if I was a NY sports fan in NY I would have to re-evaluate my life......:D But that's another topic.....

The whole problem is, that you should decide what channels you want. Not them. Not any provider. You got to remember something here. They are not a public utility. You should dictate your service not them! If you go to the same gas station for years, and now they only sell premium instead of regular; Are you gonna continue to go to that same station??? Maybe for awhile, but supply and price will eventually dictate whom gets your business. They aren't dropping these channels or only receiving sd versions for your bottom line; its their bottom line. Yes I loved Dish equipment; however it got be a case of give and take, in regards to programming and pricing. Dish is doing all the taking and the subs doing the giving. They are only responsive to their bottom line; and will continue to take from you (as any supplier will) as long as you let them. Remember, squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Your example is irrational and contradicts the point you are trying to make. If you go to your usual gas station and they only carry premium, you leave and go to another gas station, not continue to go to the same station 'maybe for a while'.

You dictate your DISH service as much as you dictate what your gas station sells. Both are products, and if changes to their service make it less than ideal for you and another service is a better fit, then it's you who must change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)