DISH DVR 922 RELEASE DATE????

The real question is will the first batch be made available to exiting customer or will we have to wait for the second run???

The rule is usually first come first served from what's happened in the past. That said, new customers tend to be given priority in ordering it, more as a matter of convenience as existing stuff tends to be setup after the fact, not in advance.

I had a 922 that some Dish dealer sold, but when I tried to connect via the Dish 800 #, they told me they could not because they were not trained in it yet. Nearest the Dish rep. could tell me that they would official support and availability for the 922 before X-mas.

I had a 922 that some Dish dealer sold, but when I tried to connect via the Dish 800 #, they told me they could not because they were not trained in it yet. Nearest the Dish rep. could tell me that they would official support and availability for the 922 before X-mas.

Does it have HD on TV2? That's the only thing worth upgrading to me.

As I have said before, an installer told me that they were instructed to go for training in mid-December. I suspect with training installers, staff, csr's, etc. and getting the newer satellites (apparently I only will need 1 now), I would say middle of this year is a safe bet.

Not being able to have hd on tv 2 doesn' t sound like an advancement in DISH technology to me. I think DISH has decided it is more financially beneficial to themselves to have single hd receivers on each hd tv in the house instead of the tv 2 concept. Now if they can find a way to hook all the hd receivers in the house up over the internet, so they can have true multi-viewing of the same recorded programs on any hd tv , this will be a true advancement in technology and make the 922 look obsolete to me. For example you have one 722k and on the other tvs in your house you have 211ks that you turned into dvrs by paying the $39.99 one time fee. So one 722k and three 211ks in one house and you could share the programming on any hard drive on any tv in your house using your internet connection. That would be a true First in technological achievement that DISH could claim as theirs.

Not being able to have hd on tv 2 doesn' t sound like an advancement in DISH technology to me. I think DISH has decided it is more financially beneficial to themselves to have single hd receivers on each hd tv in the house instead of the tv 2 concept. Now if they can find a way to hook all the hd receivers in the house up over the internet, so they can have true multi-viewing of the same recorded programs on any hd tv , this will be a true advancement in technology and make the 922 look obsolete to me. For example you have one 722k and on the other tvs in your house you have 211ks that you turned into dvrs by paying the $39.99 one time fee. So one 722k and three 211ks in one house and you could share the programming on any hard drive on any tv in your house using your internet connection. That would be a true First in technological achievement that DISH could claim as theirs.

Actually, that's pretty much what U-verse offers. No question that would be the ultimate way to do things. If I had to guess, I'd say they're afraid of the tech support ramifications of supporting and installing networks in every install.

I guess that make sense to Dish since Dish bought Sling; making use of it. What make sense to us would be since the Dish settop boxes already has Ethernet, why not make them talk to each others or share contents. Wait, that would be u-verse... What an idea...

Allegedly, it is capable of HD on TV3 over Ethernet. You'll need the not yet available Sling Catcher HD for the second HD set.

But will you be watching a true tv 2 or 3 in hd , or will you be watching tv 1 on both the sling catcher and the new tv they will sell to go with it? Or in other words will you gain another hd output or just tv 1 ouput to more than one hd output?

But will you be watching a true tv 2 or 3 in hd , or will you be watching tv 1 on both the sling catcher and the new tv they will sell to go with it? Or in other words will you gain another hd output or just tv 1 ouput to more than one hd output?

The TV3 demoed in the last CES was an independent 16X9 output, not a true HD feed but better than 480p if I remember correctly, it was on a 15" LCD made for the 922.

Based on the most recent 922 spec sheet, it no longer has the draw for me. If like some poster suggested it may include a Wii type remote, and web browsing, I may give it another look.

For now I think my DirecTV HRXXs have the new 922 beat already. My four HRXXs can do HD MRV already through the cutting edge program. I have practically 8 HD tuners in my house at any given time for recording HD programs while watching a recorded show, and the recordings can be watched on any one of the HDDVRs.

The U-Verse MRV was very limited, when I had it last year, only one HD could be watched/recorded at any time, and if an HD channel was on, no one in the house could watch any live shows period, SD or HD. I think they upgraded the system now to handle two HD channels at the same time, but still not even close to what my DirecTV HDDVRs can do.

For now I think my DirecTV HRXXs have the new 922 beat already. My four HRXXs can do HD MRV already through the cutting edge program. I have practically 8 HD tuners in my house at any given time for recording HD programs while watching a recorded show, and the recordings can be watched on any one of the HDDVRs.

The U-Verse MRV was very limited, when I had it last year, only one HD could be watched/recorded at any time, and if an HD channel was on, no one in the house could watch any live shows period, SD or HD. I think they upgraded the system now to handle two HD channels at the same time, but still not even close to what my DirecTV HDDVRs can do.

That's nice but with you need 4 DVR's for 4 TV's. That become expensive but still better then Dish where it's impossible. I had to pay a hefty price for a second Vip622 and I can't imagine you have to pay 3 extra's. However, U-Verse is better now. You can record 4 HD channels while watching live. With U-Verse, you only need 1 DVR. The additional TV's only use a small setup box to access the DVR. U-Verse doesn't need tuners so it's cheaper to make. When bundle with DSL, it even get cheaper for you. The only draw back is U-Verse is not available for everyone, including me. That's why I'm stuck with Dish for now.

Just for clearity, the DirecTV MRV feature can also use a H21 or H23 non-DVR STB as a client.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)