Dish DVR Survey, Pay for reserved space.

HALF?! For a service I won't ever use? Come on, Dish!

If it is indeed half, I'd be willing to pay a ONE time fee of around $10.

I think we should have the option to select how much space we want on the drive for VOD content and how much space we want for our own content.

I understand they want to have the VOD content available to their customers to enhance the service. I think a good solution would be to be simply add a hidden menu, let the tech junkies who are very unlikely to cancel be able to customize the drive space, and the other 99% of the customers out there can use the DVR as they do now.

Im almost willing to bet 99% of the customers who have a DVR, don't even know that the additional space is available on the drive and they cannot use it.

I would say at least 20% of the customers who have a DVR (especially since the 625 is free to new customers) don't even realize what it is or how to use it. I cant tell you how many times I go to a customers house for a service call or whatever, and their complaint is that the receiver keeps changing channels on its own. I go to the DVR menu and they have like 1000 episodes of Oprah recorded. They accidentally set up a timer and now every day at 3pm their receiver automatically changes to Oprah. DOH!

I think the real question is what to do with the extra space on the ViP722. Their marketing wizards decided that it should be devoted entirely to VOD, but I think they're finding that VOD isn't the cash cow that they thought it would be.

Internally, the DVR fee is known as the VOD fee and that's something I'd rather not pay. They need to call a spade a spade and make it optional. Sacrificing the space is more than enough of a fee.

Is that survey multiple choice, or can you answer with a sentence? Just curious if it is possible to give Dish a bloody nose with a response or not. The choice should be ours without payment. I am guessing that nearly all of us would choose no VOD, and we certainly don't want to pay to have it removed.

I'm surprised nobody has asked this one yet....

If you can reclaim your hard drive space, does that mean you don't have to hit the DVR button twice to see your recorded stuff?? Hitting the DVR button just once, like on the 942, and the 921 woud be preferable. Dish is nickel and diming us, and they are doing a hard sell by putting that menu up FIRST, before we can even look at our own recorded content! Why not put our recorded content first, and then hit the DVR button a second time if we want to pay to watch content that we did not authorize anyone to record for us?

I have browsed the titles a few times... Would rather pay less for the PPV and wait for the start time...

Current dish offered VOD is a pointless. with these great DVR's who needs it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts