Dish Expands High Definition Package

Yes the channels will come from Rainbow, that's where the bandwidth exists, that's the only way dish is able to do this

ggw2000 said:
Ductape, there is so much speculation going on here that it is hard to decipher the FACTS. Many people here and over at DBSTALK are saying the channels are coming off R1?
I wish Scott had a "sticky" thread in this forum where no one could reply to and only the facts were posted by him or others in the know as they became available!! This thread does get tiresome to be sure... Gerry
According to the Unofficial Dish Network Channel Chart the channels are coming off of Rainbow 1. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

DucTape said:
No it cannot pickup both at same time but one or the other if you have a unobstructed view of either.
...er, I think he means he's getting a wing dish for the MCs at 148 but really intends to have it repointed to 61.5.

This is a no-no as far as E* is concerned because it's costing them money to comply with the MC rule.

Maybe he can "work something out" with the installer but, to be on the safe side he may want to have someone else do the repoint later.

JohnDoe#2 said:
...er, I think he means he's getting a wing dish for the MCs at 148 but really intends to have it repointed to 61.5.

This is a no-no as far as E* is concerned because it's costing them money to comply with the MC rule.

Maybe he can "work something out" with the installer but, to be on the safe side he may want to have someone else do the repoint later.

I saw something similar to this suggested elsewhere, but will Dish authorize the VOOM 10 when they have no record that you have a dish in that slot?

This is evidently only a suggestion for previous Dish subscribers and not for Voom or new subscribers?

acousticbiker said:
I live in Denver and our locals are on 148. I currently only have Dish 500 (110/119) but have ordered the 148 Dish for the rest of my locals. Do you think that when the install guy comes out, I can just have him point it at 61.5? In other words, can the same Dish access 148 and 61.5--just pointed at different directions?
Do NOT under any circumstances ask for that before the installer arrives!

Then, a green Presidential portrait worth more than 61.5 quarters just might do the trick. ;)

I know this is a stupid question for the level of this conversation - but whats the deal with the 61.5 sat? Do I need to get a new dish? I have a 921 that was installed last december - I assumed to be able to recieve any programming but I think it just gets 119 and 110 as far as what the signal stregnth menu says. Will I get the new channels?

spiderg8r said:
I know this is a stupid question for the level of this conversation - but whats the deal with the 61.5 sat? Do I need to get a new dish? I have a 921 that was installed last december - I assumed to be able to recieve any programming but I think it just gets 119 and 110 as far as what the signal stregnth menu says. Will I get the new channels?
No.

First, wait until E* is offering the Voom channels to existing subs. Then, call E* to have a dish installed for 61.5, and a switch to tie the two dishes together. Probably something over $100.

Can I make my dish 500 point at say 119 and 61.5 instead of the current configuration of 110 and 119. I've got an 811 and a 501. All I ever watch is local ota hd, dish hd, comedy central, sci fi, and tlc.... Could I make this work without buying a new dish. Thanks in advance for the info.

WJMorales said:
Okay guys, about 3 1/2 hours CST zone, before May 1st, V Day. Any signs of E* turning the signal on for us?

What kind of sign are you looking for? When (if) someone posts that they are receiving these channels, that's the only sign that will have any meaning.

Meanwhile, current rumor is that at this time these channels will only be available to former Voom subs who move to Dish, and not current Dish subs.

Thanks BFG, you could have at least given me some false hope..... JK thanks for the prompt response.

I have been monitoring the Voom transponder no signal yet! When we get signal from the Voom transponders we will know who will be getting the channels. I've read that some Dish unit have the guide info for the Voom channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)