DISH Explorer Second-Screen App Enhances TV Viewing Experience on iPad

Then you go on to do exactly that.

You are correct sir. (Albeit, only partially correct. More iPad users. Not necessarily more iOS users, once you include smartphones.)

I'm curious, where did you get that info from? Dish has more customers using their apps via iOS than Android at the present time. Ipad/Iphone > Android tablets/phones

I'm curious, where did you get that info from? Dish has more customers using their apps via iOS than Android at the present time. Ipad/Iphone > Android tablets/phones
I was referring to general public mobile OS usage. (iOS is more popular for tablets, Android for smartphones.) But, if Dish knows how many are using each version of the Dish app, and there are more smartphone users using iOS version, then obviously they should prioritize based on that. Very smart. (The tablet version is a no-brainer, of course.)

Of course, separate version of the Android app for smartphones and tablets isn't necessary, as one Android app can run properly on both, unlike iOS apps.

At present, Android has a majority of the market share when it comes to "mobile devices" by quite a wide margin. (I think it's something like 55% for android vs. 30% for iOS)

However, Apple still dominates in tablets. (although their numbers there are shrinking quite rapidly due to the plethora of very cheap Android tablets that have come out lately)

I'd be willing to bet that Dish has more customers using iOS devices than Android - but that's only because their Android app is a piece of poop, in my opinion.

They have more iOS users than Android which is most likely why apps roll out in the manner that they do. I'm sure the info about more Android users in the market is accurate, but Dish has more iOS users at present.

I still hope they create real win7/wiin8 apps. The website is horrible compared to the apps for ios and there are far far more windows users than anything else out there.

I've been playing around a bit with it this afternoon. I don't know how much I will use it but it is an easy way to see and search the guide. My taste in tv doesn't seem to match the "what's hot" section. It is much nicer looking than the other app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)