Dish falling behind in HD

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I used to be really happy with Dishes offerings of HD channels,but lately Dish has fallen behind in HD offerings.DirectV has more as of now,and also more premium movie channels in HD than Dish.Are More channels coming within the next month or so.I am really thinking of moving over to Directv if Dish doesnt improve thier HD offerings.

Aside from premiums, Direct has just recently caught up to Dish in terms of name channels like BBCAmerica. Actual channel count would be about the same, if not still in Dish's favor I would think with the BB@H package.. As for more premium channels...they won't be offering much if any additional content than on Dish's fewer. They recycle the same stuff.

Metoo i am realy thinking about joining Directv Dish really needs to offer more a variety of HD Channels.they need to offer the Superstations in HD.

man I hope he gets DIRECTV... he keeps PMing me and asking me about all these channels like I am DISH Network...

I keep replying back that I don't know and that I don't work for DISH yet he keeps PMing me regularly asking me what new HD channels are coming...

What is left to add?? They could add the 3 fox college sports channels and take care of the majority of the RSN non pro sports programming

I think it's a matter of how and what you count.

But you are, of course, welcome to chase numbers.

There's only 1 or 2 channels I'd like to see added, such as Military History HD. I could gain that with Fios, but lose others, so it's always a trade off.

I've already got more than I could ever watch.

The premise of the OP is wrong. It's more that Direct TV has caught up. Dish has some D does not, and the other way, but overall it's close. It has to happen at some point that the two will have about the same, there are only so many channels left to go HD or channels to carry that they don't now.

Those happen to be channels I don't really watch. As long as ESPN and ESPN2 is in HD I'm good.