DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

1677173838029.png

Yep and I still cannot figure out why Dish debited me for payment when I never made a payment and don't have autopay set up then reversed it today. Something doesn't smell right at all.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sat TV is working, DishAnywhere is working on my phone and Firestick but not on my laptop. MyDish is down everywhere. I think that pretty much indicates technical issues somewhere.

Reactions: Yespage
From a comment on "isitdownrightnow.com":

From My Dish chat support:

"I would love to take care of this for you today, however, our system is currently down right now and we are unable to pull up your account. We are currently having system updates to improve our tools so we may assist you better. Phone lines even mydish.com are affected. Guaranteed that we are working double-time to update the system for you."

Reactions: charlesrshell
From a comment on "isitdownrightnow.com":

From My Dish chat support:

"I would love to take care of this for you today, however, our system is currently down right now and we are unable to pull up your account. We are currently having system updates to improve our tools so we may assist you better. Phone lines even mydish.com are affected. Guaranteed that we are working double-time to update the system for you."
That makes no sense though. a) How can they get into a chat when their system and internet is down, and b) why would they no inform customers prior of an update being done and/or at least post something on social media sites? Someone in charge should be able to do that via their home internet directly to the Dish facebook page..

That makes no sense though. a) How can they get into a chat when their system and internet is down, and b) why would they no inform customers prior of an update being done and/or at least post something on social media sites?
Because this likely wasn't an update, but rather a catastrophic failure (or ransomware). According to Scott, people were being told not to come to work! That tells me, the computer system is hosed. I'm curious how the chat bot knows the lines and website are down. Though, that could be an automated ping thing.