DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Just curious, does that mean that Dish has my money but may not know that I've paid?
Dish at a minimum would have access to the records of what payments they've collected. If the third-party is a major bank for instance, then your money could already be in a Dish account and Dish would have a record that you paid. My auto-payment is through Paypal, so my money may be sitting in the Dish Paypal account, awaiting transfer elsewhere, but Dish would still have a record that I paid. I have had no communications from Dish regarding paper billing or any other payment information that some have received. I did receive the usual Paypal notice of payment though.

I have had no communications from Dish regarding paper billing or any other payment information that some have received. I did receive the usual Paypal notice of payment though.
I haven't received an email, text, or snailmail from Dish since before this started, exactly 3 weeks ago. The only way I know that my autopay went thru was by looking at my credit card account on the bank website.

On the very positive side, I still have all my channels and my Hopper/Joey system is fully operational . . . so far. :thumbup :clapping

I haven't received an email, text, or snailmail from Dish since before this started, exactly 3 weeks ago. The only way I know that my autopay went thru was by looking at my credit card account on the bank website.
My Chase credit card has a fast alert system. I have it set up to get an email & text message as soon as a charge hits my account. It has alerted me to some fraudulent changes so I can get on top of things ASAP.

This is completely garbage - Does Dish have customer service on here like they used to? My Dish has been working fine so I've just waited the problem out. Well, sometime between this morning and now, my subscription somehow has been affected (possibly due to non-payment since they are not billing me?). I can only access shopping channels, no actual content. I'm currently 744th in line waiting, phone line doesn't work. Just pissed right now! **Edit - I'm in IT, and understand cybersecurity, that's actually my job - what annoys me the most is that I'm so helpless in this whole situation. I can't just call Dish and fix this, I can't get mad and cancel my account, I literally can't do anything but sit here and cross my fingers and toes and hope it comes back on sooner than later. But hey - I'm only 715th in line now for them to tell me they can't do anything for me :)

Last edited:
So this topic came up in this meeting today and unfortunately, people are being turned off when they should not have been. When Dish Network said they were not gonna shut people off that was sincere, but somehow in this process of turning things back on, that got turned back on more or less, by mistake, why it did not get turned back off again, I don’t know. It might not be possible to just turn it off.
This is what I was told as well. The system is automatically doing things they thought they don't want happening. The system was not programmed with a off button, its doing as it was programmed to do.

This is completely garbage - Does Dish have customer service on here like they used to?
Nope. My understanding is still only one call center is in operation. They have not connected the other call systems back in yet as they use the internet to connect in (by VPN's is my guess)

There are better ways. With newer routers and more advanced home networking, there is protection you can set up. Everything from router based VPNs to piehole or using private DNS servers to block ads.
Yep, pfSense for routing and piHole for DNS is my go to. While I would not recommend pfSense to anyone without a networking background and/or enough time to learn how to use it, piHole it really powerful and easy to setup on a RaspberryPi or home server if you have it. If setup correctly, it will block more advertisements then your run of the mill adblock add-on, block a wide variety of known malicious websites and can even be customized to block “those” (;)) kinds of websites if you have children in the house. Best of all, it runs everything on your own machine in your own network instead of the ISP’s, only relying on a external DNS when necessary and of your choosing.

Update - I blindly paid them $120 (what my bill normally would be) using their "secure payment portal", and my Dish is back! So my hunch was right. 4th in line now, so I'm going to wait it out and see if they can tell me anything or if they literally are still in the dark. So, I guess in case anyone is wondering - it may appear the back systems are working and Dish just can't access them. So if you're having issues, just try throwing money at them :D I'll update this post if I get anything meaningful from the rep.

No but the hackers do. :biggrin
Makes one wonder since if you go on mydish app and read the privacy notice...here's what you get...makes you feel really good about their secure website...LOL
Screenshot_20230315_224139_MyDISH.jpg

CSR I just spoke to said she is aware of three call centers operational. Two in America one in Asia. Most requests are just that they create a ticket and send it to a team that works on it. She is not able to see any billing information. My ticket to reschedule will be worked on tomorrow with a tech rescheduling the following day or later depending on availability.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They must have a million tickets by now and nobody knows what to do with them...It's really a joke ...This is what happens when you run a multi million dollar company and use dollar general security

Reactions: dishdude
CSR I just spoke to said she is aware of three call centers operational. Two in America one in Asia. Most requests are just that they create a ticket and send it to a team that works on it. She is not able to see any billing information. My ticket to reschedule will be worked on tomorrow with a tech rescheduling the following day or later depending on availability.

My first ticket was worked on the following day and scheduled a tech the following day thats not bad.
Is your system up now?

Or a tablet that allows them to add or remove equipment channels just like a CSR
Techs can normally swap equipment (when systems aren't down). But can't chabge channel packages. Or anything billing related. About a year or so ago a corporate user had suggested that in the future techs would be able to possibly do more stuff without calling in and asked what we like to have access to, but nothing ever came from it.

Does Dish have customer service on here like they used to?

You claim IT background. You must understand, even small businesses, and certainly large ones, run voice telegraphy over IP? And if their IP has been compromised, they have limited phone lines? And their Social Media accounts are also affected?

Is your system up now?
My dish became slightly out of alignment from dirt erosion under a temporary NPRM on the ground. Very heavy rains and then snow here in California. My highest signal is in the 20s but most channels I watch are working amazingly! The tech reported snow and did not show up which was a lie we have no snow today. We are being rescheduled probably Fri or Sat.

Reactions: charlesrshell