DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Last night we decided to watch AMC on the Roku.We hadn't watched AMC that particular way in a while so we were asked to do the usual verification thing(go to website -get code-enter code-yadaya).Came back with unable to verify.
In this case not a huge deal-only another 570 channels with nothing on to choose from but semi surprised no one else ran into this.
Yeah, I'm seeing that with Starz. I was seeing that with ABC but that is back up.

Last night we decided to watch AMC on the Roku.We hadn't watched AMC that particular way in a while so we were asked to do the usual verification thing(go to website -get code-enter code-yadaya).Came back with unable to verify.
In this case not a huge deal-only another 570 channels with nothing on to choose from but semi surprised no one else ran into this.
I did! Can't sign into The Weather Channel on ROKU.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302_092322_McDonald's.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_092322_McDonald's.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
Shot in the dark here, but does that include (or was there any mention) of the AirTV website? I have an uncle that just purchased an AirTV 2 for use with Sling, while I was able to get the Sling account and app working fine the AirTV setup wizard in the app just gives you a blank screen, and since airtv.net is down I suspect the setup wizard is dependent of the website to work.
Yep, I do a fresh rescan on my AirTV Anywhere at the top of each month and I ran into the same thing. I guess the rescan function is somehow tied to the AirTV/Dish servers.

Everyone else has run into this.

FYI, to everyone, only 1 call center was open this morning.

Dish certainly isn't the only one being hit with ransomware recently:

I work as a broadcast engineer for radio stations and a month ago this affected us all nationwide:

I only have an AS in Computer Information Services, but I find this mind-boggling that they could take EVERYTHING down except live tv. In fact, I have to believe at this point that they could have taken the full satellite service down as well but chose not to.

This is a separate issue, but why does the HboMax app ask to authenticate constantly? Every couple of weeks for me. I don't understand why you don't put your credentials in once, and it should do all the work in the background.

At any rate, the HboMax app decided I am no longer subscribed through Dish and I can't re-authenticate it. I wonder when the authentication website is going to work again?

Last edited:
Now I wonder, is billing even able to send out billing statements (both electronic and paper for those like me who prefers to have physical statements) currently.
Nope, my payment reminder email was never received. Should have gotten it over a week ago. Same with the automatic payment made email that should have gone through Tuesday.

THIS is absolutely ridiculous to take so long. I can't even pay my bill. LOL
Be happy that the TV works. Jebus! I've never heard so much complaining about not being able to login to Dish's website or to call in. I imagine this is much much tougher for installers than subs, and most subs probably never even noticed.

Be happy that the TV works. Jebus! I've never heard so much complaining about not being able to login to Dish's website or to call in. I imagine this is much much tougher for installers than subs, and most subs probably never even noticed.
They will when dish catches up on the billing

Reactions: charlesrshell