DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I don't suppose there's an answer, but I'll ask anyway. Is there even a rough estimate as to when Dish will recover and be back up?
As you can see from this actual picture, they are working on it-
56C2B835-EA52-4214-93B0-D46888F7E532.jpeg

Well yesterday, Friday, we had another set of rain storms, and now I am out again, like it was when I first posted screen shots. So I did a few test installations, and got the same results, then I did a third test installation, I think after unplugging the system, and now it says Node N.C. and Switch None, Reception Reception Error. So does this mean my switch died up on the switch? I read somewhere you can clear that buy doing the test installation without the RG6 plugged in the back, so I did that after a power down/up and then did a test installation, and then plugged it in, did a power down/up and a test installation and still Node: N.C. Switch: None. This is frustrating. Any ideas? Do I need a tech? Switch to Xfinity? lol

Well a good Radio Broadcast Engineer keeps a supply of RG-6 connectors on hand lol. Now that it is dry out, I thought, ok, lets just see what I can do from the ground as the dish is way too high up for me and my ladder is not tall enough lol. I remember Dish came out once before to do exactly what I did about a year ago. the barrel looked a little cooked/corroded. The other connector looked a bit better but the center conductor broke off with just a touch of my finger... So back up and running. I still think the dish might need a slight tweak at some point.

Thank you all for helping me and...to the big wet leaf debate...It was not a wet leaf issue lol :D
tempImageQhppeB.jpg

Anyone want to predict when the price increase will be? Last year two of them so this year $10 increase instead of the usual $5..Gotta big bill to pay someone

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well a good Radio Broadcast Engineer keeps a supply of RG-6 connectors on hand lol. Now that it is dry out, I thought, ok, lets just see what I can do from the ground as the dish is way too high up for me and my ladder is not tall enough lol. I remember Dish came out once before to do exactly what I did about a year ago. the barrel looked a little cooked/corroded. The other connector looked a bit better but the center conductor broke off with just a touch of my finger... So back up and running. I still think the dish might need a slight tweak at some point.

Thank you all for helping me and...to the big wet leaf debate...It was not a wet leaf issue lol :D
View attachment 160987

You're probably missing a drip loop, the interesting thing is you'll never see this kind of corrosion with CATV or OTA antenna, the voltage the receiver send up to the LNB causes this corrosion.

For me, the ESPN App no longer works on my Roku with Dish credentials for the main channels. The ESPN+ content still works fine, but the channels I get due to my Dish subscription no longer are authenticated.

Reactions: MrDRC and TheLip
Fun Poll:

Do you think Dish used/is using every resource possible over the weekend to get the authentication systems back up or do you think that paying premium pay for employees and contractors will push serious progress back to normal weekday business hours?

YES - They were full bore over the weekend = Like with THUMBS UP

NO - Charlie doesn't see the cost/benefit ratio, will get back at it full go on Monday. = Like w/ANGRY FACE
Do you want to try and guess how much money Dish is losing by the day?? Probably millions. This is a stupid question

Do you want to try and guess how much money Dish is losing by the day?? Probably millions. This is a stupid question
My god something like this can very easily bankrupt any company! From what I read this will take on AVERAGE 2 weeks and 50 million! I actually think that is very low in this case due to the complexity of multiple systems that involve banking and broadcasting which will involve FCC and banking. I will say in this case 3 to 4 weeks and 125 to 150 million easily. Dish will have to prove to customers, banks, FCC, and their program providers their system is secured.

My god something like this can very easily bankrupt any company! From what I read this will take on AVERAGE 2 weeks and 50 million! I actually think that is very low in this case due to the complexity of multiple systems that involve banking and broadcasting which will involve FCC and banking. I will say in this case 3 to 4 weeks and 125 to 150 million easily. Dish will have to prove to customers, banks, FCC, and their program providers their system is secured.
Not to say that this event won't hurt the Dish bottom line, but before you go tossing things like $125 to $150 million and "bankruptcy" around, consider that the NET income attributable to DISH Network in 2022 was $2.30 billion.