DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

A network is still limited, get a Charles Schwab Bank Checking Account which has no minimum balances and all ATMs worldwide are free from any fees including foreign transaction fees.
Yeah, I'll never go back to a bank. I only use the ATM less than once a month, and my credit unions have way more other perks and better rates than any bank can offer.

Yeah, I'll never go back to a bank. I only use the ATM less than once a month, and my credit unions have way more other perks and better rates than any bank can offer.
The only time when I use an ATM is when I have cash as I have not used cash since 2001 since any cash lost is gone for good so it gets deposited and the same day, a check gets written to Fidelity Investments and mobile deposited, and then I invest in either FZDXX or SPRXX getting 4.3-4.5% in interest. I use credit cards for rewards and also it allows me to earn 25 days more in interest since that money is still mine to earn on until I pay it in full which will take another 2 days to debit. And if something goes wrong, there is the Federal Fair Credit Billing Act and the bank involved compared to paying for things by check or cash which is my own funds and if something goes wrong, it's my own problem. The other time I get cash is because my sister deposited money to my mom and I am picking up the cash for her. My bank accounts never have more than $1.68 in them as all my assets are in investment accounts and at the end of every month, I will just move money to cover the next months worth of payments. The only reason I even need a bank is for getting rid of cash and also when I need cash for whatever reason, otherwise brokerage accounts are always superior except they can't do cash transactions.

Last edited:
I think there is a problem with the autopay system. The charge arrived on my credit card on the 9th in a PENDING status. That is normal. But the PENDING status should only last for a day or two. Here it is the 13th and the Dish charge is still in a PENDING status, meaning the transaction has not finalized.

Could the several people here who also saw an autopay on a credit card check to see the current status of your Dish charge?
I just logged into my credit card and the Dish transaction has moved from pending to posted transaction, so for me the charge went through. The details have the charge arriving on the 9th and posting on the 11th.

I just logged into my credit card and the Dish transaction has moved from pending to posted transaction, so for me the charge went through. The details have the charge arriving on the 9th and posting on the 11th.
Thank you. I'll wait another day or two before I get too concerned. The number of days it takes for charges going from pending to posted depends on the company (and maybe on the bank??). I've seen Walmart charges in pending status for longer than other companies . . .

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think there is a problem with the autopay system. The charge arrived on my credit card on the 9th in a PENDING status. That is normal. But the PENDING status should only last for a day or two. Here it is the 13th and the Dish charge is still in a PENDING status, meaning the transaction has not finalized.

Could the several people here who also saw an autopay on a credit card check to see the current status of your Dish charge?
My pending was two days. Call your credit company. Maybe they can explain.

Reactions: BarnRat
I got my bill via e-mail and it is 50% more than usual! The attached .pdf looks unusually confusing, with my 2-year discount falling off.
What a pain in the back.
Are they attaching PDFs to emails for bills now (or just during their recovery phase)? I'd be hesitant to open any attachment from "Dish Network" at the moment, well I'm not one who likes to open any attachment period.

Mine is the 17th I think due on the 3rd. I paid 7 drays late after taking a couple of days just to locate my account number. I will be calling later in the month if I do not get anything. So far I have received absolutely nothing! Not a thank you for paying or we are sorry! I still feel their complete lack of direct communication is disturbing and rude! I fear this is far worse than anyone thinks, and Dish was not prepared at all!

Makes me think of when I temporarily lost my cell phone, I was so unprepared for even the simplest task! I mow keep a backup cell phone ready to go!

I got a letter from Dish a couple of days ago that says discounts may temporarily disappear but they would automatically make up for it.
Well, if they want me to pay full price for everything, I have its impossible I don't have but $20.00 after paying my bills now! And that sounds like Dish is expecting this to last a very long time!

Weird timing issue for us. We'd called to request Dish pause (chat unavailable for that I guess) on what must have been the day before the hack kicked in. Pause worked ok, and we'd been in autopay for over a year; but we still haven't been billed according to our cc, no email outreach, and I'm hesitant to try to get to any CSR. I figure whoever is available is swamped with more important issues than a measly $5. Strange times.

Weird timing issue for us. We'd called to request Dish pause (chat unavailable for that I guess) on what must have been the day before the hack kicked in. Pause worked ok, and we'd been in autopay for over a year; but we still haven't been billed according to our cc, no email outreach, and I'm hesitant to try to get to any CSR. I figure whoever is available is swamped with more important issues than a measly $5. Strange times.
Considering you are going onto pause and owe so little and equipment took the hit then wait until you need service again to deal with it.

Tried signing into The Weather Channel Roku App and I got the DISH Login Screen! But My Info didn't work, said the system was down........

Do I need a new Username/Password or do we just wait for the System to be fully Online?