DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

As far as fees, streaming services don't develop and sell electronics, so of course they don't need to charge for that.
Ummm….Google/Chromecast.

Apple/Apple TV

Fire/Amazon Prime

Roku/Roku Channel (FAST)-some new content.

Waste of money - Norton is junk. There are much better ways to protect your system without installing some bloated, corporate-owned, expensive program that takes over your whole computer
I wouldn't say that, but Norton by itself isn't enough. I have Norton 360 in tandem with Malwarebytes (not the free version). I've been using this setup for years and never had any issues. And I sometimes visit risky websites.
Meanwhile, it's been 3 weeks with no end in sight and no news. Are we looking at days, weeks, or months before recovery?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wouldn't say that, but Norton by itself isn't enough. I have Norton 360 in tandem with Malwarebytes (not the free version). I've been using this setup for years and never had any issues. And I sometimes visit risky websites.
Meanwhile, it's been 3 weeks with no end in sight and no news. Are we looking at days, weeks, or months before recovery?
I would wager DISH been using their risk management for years and never had any issues.....
Until they had an issue.

You cannot know what you do not know.

Norton and any anti-virus is actually a waste. Windows defender does the same thing of not better for free. I run 4 computers with nothing but built in defender for many many years and have never had a single virus, or anything that would cause trouble. As long as you don't click link in sketchy emails and websites then you won't have issues.

Norton and any anti-virus is actually a waste. Windows defender does the same thing of not better for free. I run 4 computers with nothing but built in defender for many many years and have never had a single virus, or anything that would cause trouble. As long as you don't click link in sketchy emails and websites then you won't have issues.
I find Windows defender more of an annoyance than anything helpful because it frequently prevents apps from running that I have to override. I do agree about avoiding clicking on attachments of strange unsolicited emails. But curiosity gets the better of some, especially those emails that claim you have purchased something and you were charged a significant amount. The attachment is usually camouflaged as a txt or pdf, but it's actually an executable.
Anyway, I'll stick with Norton 360 and Malwarebytes because it works for me. And they're much more than just plain anti virus programs.

I received an email from Dish with my correct Dish bill. My payment is due on 3/17/23 which is my normal billing date. Since I am on autopay I don’t need to do anything. So it looks like Dish has got their billing working again. It is a shame that people are so quick to quit Dish when they have been diligently working to restore their services. I am also glad that they did not give in to the pirates.
My only issue is that I can’t authorize my Firestick for my basement TV but I am sure Dish will get that working soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a similar email saying, "If you are not on Autopay and need to pay your bill, visit mydish.com." I'm on Autopay so I will wait until 3/17 and see if my payment is processed with Autopay. I used DA on my oldest Firestick a couple of nights ago and it worked fine.

My USPS Informed Delivery shows I have a correspondence coming from Dish this afternoon.

Last edited:
Be careful of email addresses too. I am getting bunches from Amazon that are fake. I even had one email that the To & From were from me that I did not send to myself. Full of junk.
I get those types occasionally as well, and when I get one it gets immediately deleted. They put your email in the To & From in an attempt to bypass any mail filters you might have. But by doing this they become readily identifiable as something that should be imediately deleted.

I get those types occasionally as well, and when I get one it gets immediately deleted. They put your email in the To & From in an attempt to bypass any mail filters you might have. But by doing this they become readily identifiable as something that should be imediately deleted.
I hear ya. But. the one I got had my exact password and said that if I didn't pay, well you know. I contacted my credit union & police. The only other thing I did was changing my email & credit union password.

my service is now gone. I’ve been trying to make payment for nearly 3 weeks, every day, have even screenshotted most attempts just for back up reference. I haven’t been able to pay through app, website, receiver, phone, or anything. Does anyone know, am I just out of luck and need to subscribe to YouTube TV or something else? We are old school in this household, don’t have smart TVs, but my granddaughter has a ROKU stick. This site is the only place I’ve found with any info about DISH so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nobody even wants a STB..that's old technology..DVR is dying when you can look up anything you want to see with streaming at any time...
Can't agree with that statement. I can instantaneously skip ahead a multiple of 30 seconds or skip back. I have tried streaming services and that just doesn't happen. There is a time delay ranging from relatively short to significant. Also, with an external drive I can save lots of programs for a long period of time without them being deleted. There are other advantages but these two are the most significant to me.

my service is now gone. I’ve been trying to make payment for nearly 3 weeks, every day, have even screenshotted most attempts just for back up reference. I haven’t been able to pay through app, website, receiver, phone, or anything. Does anyone know, am I just out of luck and need to subscribe to YouTube TV or something else? We are old school in this household, don’t have smart TVs, but my granddaughter has a ROKU stick. This site is the only place I’ve found with any info about DISH so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Youtube tv has a free trial.As good a time as any to check it out.

Different user IDs and different passwords for all critical websites (those that have personal info such as name, address, credit card numbers, cell phone number, email address, etc.) is mandatory. And critical websites need to have the passwords changed regularly.

I called customer service yesterday and they said they are unable to even tell me if they received my payment. I have no idea how true that is. I paid manually through the pay link. Only thing I received was a email confirming my tech appointment for today. I will ask them what they know.