DISH has lost 420,000 subs so far this year

Well I hope that DISH cares,because if you read the article DISH's legacy subscriber base has declined 8.1% year over year. Even the addition of Sling subs adding in isn't helping them cover up the total losses anymore. Their profits were only slightly up over last year 3.75 billion over 3.73 billion in 3rd quarter of 2015. Looks like the point of diminishing returns has now been reached. Makes you wonder how many they will lose 4th quarter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well I hope that DISH cares,because if you read the article DISH's legacy subscriber base has declined 8.1% year over year. Even the addition of Sling subs adding in isn't helping them cover up the total losses anymore. Their profits were only slightly up over last year 3.75 billion over 3.73 billion in 3rd quarter of 2015. Looks like the point of diminishing returns has now been reached. Makes you wonder how many they will lose 4th quarter.
I sure hope DISH doesn't sell out to another company. I want to stay with them only.

They don't care
Well I hope that DISH cares
Their profits were only slightly up over last year
They don't care as long as they're making (higher) profits and they are.

If Dish kept increasing the # of channels, but the price remained the same, customers wouldn't care. When the price of gas goes down but our cars MPG doesn't decrease, we don't care. This is the same concept.

Have they or will they reach that point of diminishing returns ? We'll see....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Miss my Hopper,but I also need Internet. Comcast gave me a deal for internet and tv that it was a no brainer for me not to take it. And Dish didn't even offer me any kind of deal to stay. I was a high paying customer for years and never late on payments.

dish has accepted a declining number of subs for many years, BUT this is not sustainable long term.

at some point the infrastructure costs go up with many fewer subs..

it will be interesting to watch their response..

wether dish has a 100 thousand subs or 200 million subs is preferable they have more.

since the fixed costs for uplinks, sats, backhauls etc still has to be paid for.

fewer subs makes this a lot harder

dish has accepted a declining number of subs for many years, BUT this is not sustainable long term.

at some point the infrastructure costs go up with many fewer subs..

it will be interesting to watch their response..

wether dish has a 100 thousand subs or 200 million subs is preferable they have more.

since the fixed costs for uplinks, sats, backhauls etc still has to be paid for.

fewer subs makes this a lot harder

Have you sent your resume to Charles? Sounds like as usual you have all the answers.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: WiCkeDuDe
I had been a DirecTV customer for almost 10 years up until last Friday when I switched to Dish. I got the Hopper 3 + 3 Joeys and absolutely love it. Much, much better than the Genie and their junk minis. Sunday Ticket was the main reason I always kept DTV, but my interest in the NFL has dropped severely the last couple of years so there was no need to stay. Having used both, Dish clearly has the better equipment and I've been impressed with their website.

Wait till the Directv crowd starts realizing how much their bill have gone up, how their perks and equipment technology have diminished and AT&T is just wants even more profit than Directv ever did.

I think you will start seeing huge drops in subscribers with Directv in 2017.

I think Dish will level off, again.

Reactions: Jillian2
Doesn't come as a surprise to me. Between the constant disputes and probably the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with (I'd rather stab myself in the eye than call 1-800-DISH and talk to these morons), they are in real trouble.

Doesn't come as a surprise to me. Between the constant disputes and probably the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with (I'd rather stab myself in the eye than call 1-800-DISH and talk to these morons), they are in real trouble.
I agree that most csrs , at least the foreign sounding ones with thick accents , get on my last nerve ,but stab myself in the eye???? :eeek

dish dramatically jacking up the extra receiver fees so many years ago helped profits short term but damaged the brand over time.

this is what happens when suit beancounters end up running a company.

up till then charlie was growing the business....... its been flat growth to falling since then. although profitable short term long term its not been good.

suits at dish seeing the bottom dropping out of sub numbers, and the coming of space x internet probably has them concerned