DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Definitely unplug the Joeys. Safest way is to unplug them from the electric outlet and do not plug them back in until the Hopper is 100% complete and up and running.

As for the Hoppers, do them at the same time or do them separate - makes no difference, I'd think. They are "independent" devices at least in terms of s/w updating.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Definitely unplug the Joeys. Safest way is to unplug them from the electric outlet and do not plug them back in until the Hopper is 100% complete and up and running.

As for the Hoppers, do them at the same time or do them separate - makes no difference, I'd think. They are "independent" devices at least in terms of s/w updating.
Thanks Hall. Should I plug in one Joey at time after the Hopper is done? Will my Joey 1 handle the the new CUI OK?

Should I plug in one Joey at time after the Hopper is done?
Doesn't matter. They may not start downloading/installing the s/w immediately anyway. One may start in 5 minutes and the other may not start for 5 hours. Don't overthink this.

Will my Joey 1 handle the the new CUI OK?
No, it will suck. Bad.

Dish doesn't install Hopper 3 receivers with Joey 1 receivers because of the huge performance difference. The "experience" of using an H3 then the J1 would be sooooo noticeable that Dish doesn't want that to happen.

Doesn't matter. They may not start downloading/installing the s/w immediately anyway. One may start in 5 minutes and the other may not start for 5 hours. Don't overthink this.

No, it will suck. Bad.

Dish doesn't install Hopper 3 receivers with Joey 1 receivers because of the huge performance difference. The "experience" of using an H3 then the J1 would be sooooo noticeable that Dish doesn't want that to happen.
OK, thanks again. I hardly ever use my Joey 1 anyway. I may just leave it disconnected. I hope to be up grading to the Hopper 3 system soon.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
OK, thanks again. I hardly ever use my Joey 1 anyway. I may just leave it disconnected. I hope to be up grading to the Hopper 3 system soon.
My joey 1 isn't used alot as it's in a spare room but channel changes seem quicker on it with cui and so does the menu but the guide is noticeably slower you can actually watch the guide populate like the dvr menu does

I timed it when you try to 'load' the DVR menu. Took (10) seconds. That's from pressing the remote button until it's 'usable'. Worse, it doesn't draw or load during that 10 seconds, the section with the shows remains blank. At some point Dish improved it to 6-7 seconds!

I know 10 seconds doesn't sound long until you actually try it. By comparison, on the H3 it takes less than 1 second. Try this: Press the 'DVR' button, close your eyes and count off 10 seconds, then open your eyes.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I timed it when you try to 'load' the DVR menu. Took (10) seconds. That's from pressing the remote button until it's 'usable'. Worse, it doesn't draw or load during that 10 seconds, the section with the shows remains blank. At some point Dish improved it to 6-7 seconds!

I know 10 seconds doesn't sound long until you actually try it. By comparison, on the H3 it takes less than 1 second. Try this: Press the 'DVR' button, close your eyes and count off 10 seconds, then open your eyes.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Yipes, I think I will leave the Joey 1 unplugged.

At least 1 of my HWS got the updated look . When I turned it on this morning, it was there........no option, nothing
Didn't have time to really look around, but I'm not sure that I like the right side that describes the program being displayed.
It did seem slower. I forgot to check to see if I could get to the other HWS dvr recordings.

I just got the New experience is available for your Hopper email.

Looks like the interface of doom lands June 15th.
Interface of doom? It is not that bad. The current release for HWS, U234, is pretty stable. I am not having the reboot issue I had with U233. I think that the dual tuner OTA module was causing the problems in U233 and that seems to have been solved. Hopefully, the dual tuner OTA feature will soon be activated.

Anybody out there using the new interface on an H2 with the single tuner OTA module?

I have 2 H2's each has a single tuner OTA module, just wondering about problems there.

Both of my Hopper 2's have been solid as a rock for 3 years+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts