Dish Hopper Pricing Rumors Thread

If I can't get a J+H for the same "fees" as my 622, that pushes me $7/mo and one step closer to D* (and their 5-tuner monstrosity). Excel price and channel comparison spreadsheets already fully worked up.. only reason I've been sticking around is to see how the J/H pricing stacks up.

Per the 1 attachment, it appears the phone connection fee for dual tuners has been reinstated.

phone connection fee.PNG

That leads to another question. If this is in fact true what will the receiver(s) cost be? If there is only 1 dual tuner on the account is it safe to say an additional $5 for tv 2 without broadband or a phone connection. My biggest concern is the 2nd dual tuner, if a 222 is on an account will it be $14 + $5 for no broadband or phone connection?

Last edited:
If I can't get a J+H for the same "fees" as my 622, that pushes me $7/mo and one step closer to D* (and their 5-tuner monstrosity). Excel price and channel comparison spreadsheets already fully worked up.. only reason I've been sticking around is to see how the J/H pricing stacks up.
$11 a month...don't forget about the Whole Home fee.

Now that sucks! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, I think Dish has the machine gun out and is nearly at the ankle.

After seeing that I truly beleive all this talk of 1 hopper & joey being included in the monthly price blows that theory out the window.

Per the 1 attachment, it appears the phone connection fee for dual tuners has been reinstated.

View attachment 73747

That leads to another question. If this is in fact true what will the receiver(s) cost be? If there is only 1 dual tuner on the account is it safe to say an additional $5 for tv 2 without broadband or a phone connection. My biggest concern is the 2nd dual tuner, if a 222 is on an account will it be $14 + $5 for no broadband or phone connection?

Nothing's been reinstated AFAIK. I don't think the fee was ever removed from the RCA. If they were actually reinstating the phone connection fee they would have sent out notices by now.

You can't read too much into the fee schedule. They have no reason to remove a fee from the list if they choose not to charge it. Leaving it on just leaves their options open. Doing so could be intentional or just laziness.

Someone posted implying the 1st Joey would be free because that was the OP's interpretation of the agreement. My only point is we don't really know anything for sure about first hopper or first joey pricing at this point.

Since they have not officially released any info on the Hopper I won't believe any info that is posted. Not saying it isn't true! Just saying I don't trust it. You know Dish could change all of the info you're reading as soon as the Hopper is released.

Rumors? What do you call the pdf files that are posted directly from dishes website?

You are right that the pdf files do give some information and are not just rumors. However, they don't clarify exactly what the special offers might be and there is some confusion about whether the Hopper/Joey will qualify as the free first receiver. It is also not clear if the Hopper/Joey is considered together or if each incurs a $7 charge. These and other issues are the rumors that people are getting worked up about and which need further clarification.

Nothing's been reinstated AFAIK. I don't think the fee was ever removed from the RCA. If they were actually reinstating the phone connection fee they would have sent out notices by now.

You can't read too much into the fee schedule. They have no reason to remove a fee from the list if they choose not to charge it. Leaving it on just leaves their options open. Doing so could be intentional or just laziness.

Someone posted implying the 1st Joey would be free because that was the OP's interpretation of the agreement. My only point is we don't really know anything for sure about first hopper or first joey pricing at this point.

I see your point, but why have a public document like that if it isn't really the facts?

OK I'll accept that answer, but how do they expect to acquire new customers based on documents that are publicly listed that may or not be true? Given the fact there is NO buyers remorse time frame a person would tend to believe what a company actually posted on their website?.?.? Wonder how many folks would sign up based on those facts?

Hey boys and girls... why not we wait until the official pricing/stipulations become public so as to stop all the brow beating???

I'm done here. I should have known better than to question a public document from dishes website, especially on this forum.

Website revamps are notorious for inadvertently exposing old documents and links, or test files that were never intended to be made public. That could be what is going on here.

or Broadband.... That just means you may need to get the usb wifi dongle. 1 time fee of $25. No big deal. Especially if you already have the sling.

Most of our customers out here in the sticks don't have broadband, much less a wireless router. Fewer and fewer have a land line. When you add $5 a month to a two TV system DirecTV starts looking better and better to the potential customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)