Dish Hopper site is up at Dish.com

Thanks csmith! I was looking at CES coverage and missed that entirely.

Is the Sirius expansion for any receiver?

Blockbuster @ Home:
Blockbuster@Home gives you access to over 100,000 titles with unlimited movies, TV shows and game rentals by mail. Plus, get 20 great entertainment channels with over 3000 titles available On Demand to your TV or PC.
Wow... an absolutely accurate, non-misleading description. I like it.

huh?

Record up to six live HD channels at once* and stream four HD programs to different TVs simultaneously. No other competitor can offer this!

*DURING PRIMETIME HOURS

That's the Primetime Anytime feature of recording the whole local spotbeam on your receiver (during prime time) for parsing into the big 4 later on. So, 4+2 more free sat tuners = 6 channels at once.

That's the Primetime Anytime feature of recording the whole local spotbeam on your receiver (during prime time) for parsing into the big 4 later on. So, 4+2 more free sat tuners = 6 channels at once.

so thats local only?

what of you want to record non locals? how many ?

Yes, it's locals ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, with no word yet whether other channels available on that same spotbeam will be included/available after the fact. :( I personally do a lot of recording off PBS.

On an unrelated note but on-topic for this thread, I note that the "built-in Sling" reported in another thread went back to the Sling Adapter.

I WILL NOT get excited until I see a launch date and firm commitment from Dish. The Sling Extender had a promotional page and it was also available SOON but Dish still failed to deliver it.

Yes, it's locals ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, with no word yet whether other channels available on that same spotbeam will be included/available after the fact.
It isn't channels on the same spot beam. It must be channels on the same transponder as the Big Four.

dwarren2 said:
3 tuners. 1 records the 4 network feeds, leaving 2 for other recordings.

But during non primetime hours (or If you Can turn off feature/can't use it) you have a 3 tuner DVR to record what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts