Dish Hopper site is up at Dish.com

Yespage said:
Can you turn this option off?

I would assume so cause you have to have hd locals and some dmas don't have hd locals so it would have to be turned off for that. So the feature should carryover.

remove the spotbeam channels and its a normal dvr
By the standards of the industry, any DVR that can record more than two channels is not "normal".

A DVR that can feed HD content to four televisions is from among a set of no more than a handful in count.

The statistics that DISH cited at CES indicated that during Prime Time, 53% of the viewing population is watching Prime Time programming from the Big Four.

I can see installs now requiring an external switch & that's ok. Maybe it will simplify things & require only 1 line from dish to switch?

By the standards of the industry, any DVR that can record more than two channels is not "normal".

A DVR that can feed HD content to four televisions is from among a set of no more than a handful in count.

The statistics that DISH cited at CES indicated that during Prime Time, 53% of the viewing population is watching Prime Time programming from the Big Four.

ok, but without this it really cant record more then other dish dvr's
they do 2 sat and 1-2 ota

would have been better if it had 6 streams for any use

It would be cool if they would expand it in the future to show groups of other channels that you could do this with. For instance, and I have no idea, if ESPN and ESPN2 were on the same transponder you could record the group. But I could be totally wrong on how the other channels are set up. But I do watch a lot of shows on the locals during PrimeTime and have times where I wish I could record some shows and didn't have the tuners.

The key is Locals are on the same transponder so it is easy to pick a combined feed.

"Selected" channels would also have to be on the same transponder, probably not a chance of the channels you want to Select would be arranged like that.

It would be cool if they would expand it in the future to show groups of other channels that you could do this with. For instance, and I have no idea, if ESPN and ESPN2 were on the same transponder you could record the group. But I could be totally wrong on how the other channels are set up. But I do watch a lot of shows on the locals during PrimeTime and have times where I wish I could record some shows and didn't have the tuners.

they could rearrange the channels to one tpn/mux for you ;) - just send a request via DIRT ppll here.

I suppose the $64 question is when can we expect the Hopper and Joey to become available to existing subs? I think it's time to retire my 622 and 612.

I WILL NOT get excited until I see a launch date and firm commitment from Dish. The Sling Extender had a promotional page and it was also available SOON but Dish still failed to deliver it.
Hear ! Hear!

But. I would take it a step further. I won't get excited until I read here that they are actually being installed. A "firm commitment" from Dish means nothing.

The article on Yahoo had the following in it: "The company will start shipping it in January, and it should be in consumer hands shortly thereafter." Take it for what it's worth.

This sounds like an excellent product, and they have the client box ready and are marketing it as well. I like the 2TB hard drive, but I really think that they should have added more than three tuners. If you put the Hopper and the HR34 together, you would have an excellent box. DirecTV got it right with the 5 tuners, and Dish got it right with the 2TB hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)