Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH has asked us to find members who would be interested in helping them test some new software coming soon the the DISH Hopper / Hopper with Sling system!

For this test we are looking for people we enjoy being social, and enjoy using sites like SatelliteGuys, Twitter and Facebook. (well we all know you like SatelliteGuys... after all you are here.) :D Those interested in testing must already have a DISH Hopper or Hopper with Sling. If your not into social networking then this test is not for you.

For those who apply over the next few weeks special software will be sent to your Hopper which will let you test this exciting new app. You will also have access to a special Testers Only forum here on SatelliteGuys where you can give DISH your feedback on the app and interface with the app development team!
NO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IF YOU WANT IN (and there are only a limited amount of space available in this test) THEN PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY! Those not following these instructions will have their applications rejected...

To apply you must send an email to testisfull@dontemailus.com

Please use the subject Hopper Testing when submitting your email.

The body of this this email it MUST contain the following 3 things (and ONLY the following 3 things!)

SatelliteGuys Username:
DISH Account Number:
Hopper Receiver ID Number:

That's it. :)

PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION!

Now important over the next few days we will start adding members to the Private Testing Forum. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL US ASKING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION. WE PLAN ON ACCEPTING EVERYONE WHO APPLIES CORRECTLY AND GETS IN BEFORE THE CUTOFF... AND WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE CUTOFF. It will take a few days to add everyone to the private testing forum.

Thank you for your help! :D

NOTE - TESTING HAS STARTED AND ALL SPOTS ARE NOW FULL. NO MORE APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.

Last edited:
Update since I am getting lots of pm's...

You DO need to have a Facebook, twitter or both for this test.

If you are not on Twitter and/or Facebook then this test is not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the opportunity but I'll have to sit this one out after all.

Me too. Thought I have a Facebook account, I almost never use it and don't really like it. If it weren't for my grandkids, I'd never go there.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Me too. Thought I have a Facebook account, I almost never use it and don't really like it. If it weren't for my grandkids, I'd never go there.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Yep, I hear ya. I don't care for it at all. It has been a problem for some folks when they have revealed a little too much!! LOL

Email sent, I hope I didn't screw it up lol

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I do use facebook and i am soon going to upgrade to a hopper system too so put me in i think it could be a decent fit for this testing.

I just joined Satellite guys yesterday after being a long time fan and lurker of the site. I submitted my email tonight and looking forward to participating if chosen.

Ok everyone who applied before 11:30 AM ET today now have access to the private forum.

We still have slots open, for those who haven't applied yet!

Also PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD! If you know other Hopper users who would like to help test this app, please let them know about this thread!

Oh one more thing... you DO NOT need to be a Pub Member to be part of the test!

Thanks guys!

Hopefully i got my receiver number right lol :] Just got Dish with The Hopper was on DirecTV,, and yes i use Facebook. :D Love the pandora app so far.