Dish Is now showing TBS HD!

Hopefully this is free preview for the baseball playoffs and Dish can drop this turkey of a channel until they actually have some compelling HD programming(Besides live sports).

The [FONT=&quot]squeaky wheel gets the oil. Now let's start bitching about HD channels that we don't have one by one. Looks like raising the roof about not having channels really works with Dish. All this talk about them not adding it and everybody getting frazzled and here it is. I want all the Starz multichannels next in HD from Dish.

I wish these tactics would work with my local cable company. BHN is so stingy with new adds.
[/FONT]

Wow, how come we didn't have a heads up on this from Digi and his Uplink Reports?

You slipping digi? ;)

Digiblur told us last night on uplink thread that something could be happening. He noticed that one of the national ppv were unavailable. Channel 542. I wonder since this is the case is this channel temperary??

Digiblur told us last night on uplink thread that something could be happening. He noticed that one of the national ppv were unavailable. Channel 542. I wonder since this is the case is this channel temperary??

I'm guessing this allowed them to use already tested tp's so they could get it up quick. Bet it changes tp's soon.

They were testing it under the PPV name and slot. They let it ride a day then the flipped the name. They are finally getting sneaky.

It worries me that we haven't seen a press release and the channel number is in the PPV range.

I swore up and down we wouldn't see this soon but it looks like the heat from DirecTV is working!

Even if it's only temporary for the MLB Playoffs, at least we get to watch postseason baseball. If it's only temporary Dish Network pleases everyone, we get to watch baseball and after baseball they turn it off for the people that don't want TBS HD to waste their precious bandwith. :)

I needed a laugh so I called Dish about TBS hd. I asked if it was a temporary channel or permanent. It took probably about 15 min for him to find out that it was not listed in my package(at 250). Either Dish has not updated its system yet. It is a temp or I was dealing with a complete dumb@#*. I will lean to the latter for now.

Effective today, October 5, 2007, DISH Network launched TBS HD into
America's Top 100 with DishHD & higher on channel 9499*. HD customers with
an MPEG4 box will see TBS HD map down next to TBS SD on channel 139.

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:Satellite:
61.5/129

Packages:
AT100 (and above) with DishHD

* - TBS HD initially launched at a temporary position of channel 542. The
launch at channel 9499 will take place on 10/10/07.

Great glad to see Dish add More ""National HD Channels"" NHL is ok but I rather see more National HD Channels like USA Network HD, Sci-Fi HD, so forth. :)

I am actually sitting in Fenway Park waiting for tonight big game to start.

Dice K just came out and is doing warm ups in front of me.

BTW I am hearing a rumor that SatelliteGuys had a lot to do with its early launch. I will explain later, but we may have goaliebob to thank. :)

Thanks for the info Scott. I wonder if we can point to Oct 10 about more national hd???

I noticed that there is no guide data after the baseball games. It looks as though they will only be showing the baseball games in HD then the channel will be dormant until the next games or actual HD program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)