Dish is ultra aggressive to keep customers

Well its true.
I get essentially $49.50 a month in discounts from leasing under a commitment with my Price lock, and Premium channel discounts, that I didn't have to make one phone call or chat to get.
And I didn't need to spend $500 minimum to get it.
And this is Under a Commitment, Imagine what I'll get when my Commitment is up.
Way more then Mike does I bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I got $65.00 off for a year and I got all three premiums for free for 3 months and kept HBO at $10.00 and I didn't spend anything to get that last May. It ends this
April and I will call back then to get another discount. Also got same deal for my parents on my second account ,except it was $35.00 off or their account for a year. The last time I upgraded in 2014 through a retailer I got $150.00 for credit for my old hopper 1 towards my hopper with sling 2 and the super joey ,so it made me pay only $200.00 for the new hopper and super joey. I also paid no tax and no shipping and handling either. So my programming credits were worth $780.00 for the year , so I came out $580.00 in ahead . Not bad profit to make for paying for my own upgrade.:bigok

OH the best part, NO commitment to DISH at all. Still haven't decided if I will get the hopper 3 yet.

Reactions: stardust3
But you are spending quite a bit more than the average customer. That has to factor into your ability to get those discounts.

For a customer who has never spent over $100 for service, and averages around $80, deep discounts are harder to come by.

But you are spending quite a bit more than the average customer. That has to factor into your ability to get those discounts.

For a customer who has never spent over $100 for service, and averages around $80, deep discounts are harder to come by.

In the long run I don't think it really matters.

I've had Dish for I'm guessing 15 years and got Dish America (silver)as soon as it became available.My Mother has had AT 200 for about 10 years.Any time I call Dish I can get a better deal for her than for myself.It appears the AT200 is worth more to Dish even though it's only a little more monthly and I have a dvr(she doesn't).

I've had Dish for I'm guessing 15 years and got Dish America (silver)as soon as it became available.My Mother has had AT 200 for about 10 years.Any time I call Dish I can get a better deal for her than for myself.It appears the AT200 is worth more to Dish even though it's only a little more monthly and I have a dvr(she doesn't).

The AT120, AT120 Plus, AT200 and AT250 are their core packages so I imagine they will favor customers who have them.

Reactions: tanman
Nope, not when adding TV to my Charter internet effectively gave me a lower price!!! That and I read about DISH offering much better deals to a lot of other people. I had been with them for over 7 years, never paid late, perfect credit, and had been out of contact for at least couple years. So yes I expected a lot better! I would really have preferred to stick with DISH but not when they refused to work with me. BTW, I would have taken $30 off for 12 months. Oh well, their loss...
I also have Charter internet at $60/month.They keep offering me 1 year of tv/internet for $80 bucks/month.Free installation,no dvr fees and no contract.We could live with the package(similar to AT120) but I haven't switched yet due to 1)Charter's technology is old and clunky 2)we'd need another dvr for the second tv which is not very convenient.Should I mention they pawned a component only receiver(no hdmi out)on my neighbor which limits his ability to run the signal to an AVR?Or being at my niece's house for Thanksgiving and seeing the signal cut out several times?Still the savings would be significant and we'd get new customer pricing if we switched back to Dish.

I also have Charter internet at $60/month.They keep offering me 1 year of tv/internet for $80 bucks/month.Free installation,no dvr fees and no contract.We could live with the package(similar to AT120) but I haven't switched yet due to 1)Charter's technology is old and clunky 2)we'd need another dvr for the second tv which is not very convenient.Should I mention they pawned a component only receiver(no hdmi out)on my neighbor which limits his ability to run the signal to an AVR?Or being at my niece's house for Thanksgiving and seeing the signal cut out several times?Still the savings would be significant and we'd get new customer pricing if we switched back to Dish.

Cable TV? No thank you!

Cable TV? No thank you!
I was paying $45 for 50mb service promo for a year. When that ran out, all I could get was a $50 bundle for 25mb + basic cable + free HBO for a year (plus a $5 broadcast TV fee :( ). I never even opened the TV receiver (still shrink-wrapped in the box), and just use HBOGO. Looks like I can now get another promo for $30 for 25mb (no bundle). Will be calling again soon.

I was paying $45 for 50mb service promo for a year. When that ran out, all I could get was a $50 bundle for 25mb + basic cable + free HBO for a year (plus a $5 broadcast TV fee :( ). I never even opened the TV receiver (still shrink-wrapped in the box), and just use HBOGO. Looks like I can now get another promo for $30 for 25mb (no bundle). Will be calling again soon.
Well, that was a waste of time. Placed order for the 29.99 promo internet price online, got a confirmation number, was sent to chat to complete the order. Chat couldn't help me because they can't cancel existing services. Sent me to Loyalty department, they couldn't see the online order, couldn't offer any promo because I am currently on an existing bundle promo. Was then sent to the Customer Solutions dept. and same deal. They wouldn't even give me an additional $10 off until my existing promo runs out in 6 months.

Possibly that and maybe because I have been a DISH customer 19 years this last month with 3 accounts in my name.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Anyone have to call in to get these deals ? Dish chat told me the dish loyalty department seized online operations in December so you have to call in.

I always call in and talk to cancel and they transfer me to the loyalty department. From there you can pretty much negotiate the kind of deal you want to stay. Of course I am not in contract and haven't been since the beginning in 97. Back then you had to pay to own your receivers and I pretty much stayed that way.

Be nice and tell them that you would like to lower your bill due to the programming prices going up again, the fees are to high- which they are, etc. They usually will offer you some money off a month for a year and some freebie premium movie channels to for 3 months or 1/2 price premiums etc. I have heard some people are trying to get the price lock match that new subs are getting ,but I have never tried that . Might try in May when my present discounts end.

Reactions: BnT.atl
I have had dish for just over 15 years now. With AT120 programming for the last few years (use ROKU more and more these days), I was able to get $30 off per month for 12 months. They initially offered $25/month, but as soon as I mentioned the price increase that was just about to go into effect, they upped it by the $5. I haven't been under contract for 7 years, and still have my VIP 722 receiver (theirs, not mine), but I didn't have to work extra hard for the credit. I now pay just under $43/month for my service. I contacted the Executive Offices directly....their regular CS line hasn't been of much help over the years.

Not quite as good a deal as some others I've seen on here, but I can't complain.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have had dish for just over 15 years now. With AT120 programming for the last few years (use ROKU more and more these days), I was able to get $30 off per month for 12 months. They initially offered $25/month, but as soon as I mentioned the price increase that was just about to go into effect, they upped it by the $5. I haven't been under contract for 7 years, and still have my VIP 722 receiver (theirs, not mine), but I didn't have to work extra hard for the credit. I now pay just under $43/month for my service. I contacted the Executive Offices directly....their regular CS line hasn't been of much help over the years.
Not quite as good a deal as some others I've seen on here, but I can't complain.
I think it's way better than most get.

Dish could care less to help me. i had an new 722k put in 35 days ago and all I get is signal drop out now and they want to charge me $50.00 to come out and they call that a deal. I have been with Dish forever and never had any issues before this 722k went in. Glad my contract is up March 3rd . Then I can order FIOS :)

Dish could care less to help me. i had an new 722k put in 35 days ago and all I get is signal drop out now and they want to charge me $50.00 to come out and they call that a deal. I have been with Dish forever and never had any issues before this 722k went in. Glad my contract is up March 3rd . Then I can order FIOS :)
Normally a service call is $95 but if you just had a new receiver installed you should have a free tech visit (there is a warranty), shouldn't be any charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts