Dish just lost another Hd customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is no secret that many people dislike Dish. I had a hard time to find a new apartment which allows me to install Dish, the only one (allows me) impose harsh termination fee should I terminate the lease. Finally I will move into a complex which impose $775 (instead of $700-$2500 depends when to terminate the lease). So I made a better choice by paying $120 to Dish to terminate the contract. There is a risk that I may have to terminate the lease.
Also I blasted to the Dish CSR manager and swear I will never use dish again unless management is revamped.

With all those said, America is ruled by crooked business people who are accustomed to rip off people (Cellphone contract, lease contract, Dish/DirecTV, ....). I hate all big powerful companies, and sincerely hope big corporation that received tax payer's money fail.

I sure hope you weren't through a local Dish Retailer. If you were, He just got hit with a major chargeback due to your irresponsability. Local retailers are paid and retained based upon you fulfilling your contract.

JWGreen68, I really don't give a crap what corp you work for. And no, I don't think so. I will not move on but you really need to relax just a tad. I don't need you attacking me for my opinion on big corps and defending the original poster from the likes of someone like you.

Jeff

JWGreen68, I really don't give a crap what corp you work for. And no, I don't think so. I will not move on but you really need to relax just a tad. I don't need you attacking me for my opinion on big corps and defending the original poster from the likes of someone like you.

Jeff

*points up* Late for a bra burning.

Whimike has got it right! Don't you folks get it? Are you not tired like I am and Whimike of being walked on by big corps? Staying status quo might make life easier but then the big corps will keep screwing us. Good for you Whimike! And btw, a big welcome to the forums!

Jeff

You need to reread the problem He canceled DISH because he could not find an apartment complex that would not penalize for breaking his lease. Then he blamed DISH when apartments with cheap lease breaking penalties would not allow a satellite.
I had a hard time to find a new apartment which allows me to install Dish, the only one (allows me) impose harsh termination fee should I terminate the lease. Finally I will move into a complex which impose $775 (instead of $700-$2500 depends when to terminate the lease). So I made a better choice by paying $120 to Dish to terminate the contract. There is a risk that I may have to terminate the lease.
How is this DISh trampling on the little guy?
This is the kind of customer no company including the Apartment complex would want.

It's amazing that you guys could understand the OP. I speak & read american english, not redneck meth head or mexican or cuban or french canadian. WTF is wrong with people?

Why the hell would you lease an apt. where you expect to have to terminate the lease anyway? I think someone is mentally challenged.

Whimike has got it right! Don't you folks get it? Are you not tired like I am and Whimike of being walked on by big corps? Staying status quo might make life easier but then the big corps will keep screwing us.
The reason these contracts and cancellation penalties and security deposits and lease termination fees are put in place by Dish Network, apartment complexes, and other corporations is that without them they will get screwed by idiots that will cancel their service without warning, try to sell their leased receivers on EBay, cancel a lease or just move out after trashing their apartment, not pay their last few months of rent, etc. etc.

If morons would be a bit more respectful in dealings with businesses, perhaps some of these businesses would not have to implement such onerous policies / contracts. Instead the morons decide to "stick it to the man" whenever possible, so that normal consumers have to put down a huge security deposit to get a place to sleep or sign a 24-month contract to get satellite TV.

>>>>>>
The reason these contracts and cancellation penalties and security deposits and lease termination fees are put in place by Dish Network, apartment complexes, and other corporations is that without them they will get screwed by idiots that will cancel their service without warning, try to sell their leased receivers on EBay, cancel a lease or just move out after trashing their apartment, not pay their last few months of rent, etc. etc.

>>>>If morons would be a bit more respectful in dealings with businesses, perhaps some of these businesses would not have to implement such onerous policies / contracts. Instead the morons decide to "stick it to the man" whenever possible, so that normal consumers have to put down a huge security deposit to get a place to sleep or sign a 24-month contract to get satellite TV.

I am making >75K with immpecable recording of paying my bills. My credit score is 789, revealed by the apartment manager. This is my dilemma: Most apartment complex here impose huge penalty if you move out early (Sometimes you have to, but I never broke lease in the last 10 years, I care about termination because I will buy a house in 6-18 months), and the only one impose smaller penalty already has cable and included in the rent. I think I can still install Dish, but decided not to: Cost is one reason, another reason is Dish's reputation od dropping channels is just too BAD.

I liked the HD only package, but I also made big sacrifice last year because apartment managers are often unreasonable. This time I dropped Dish, 50% due to rent, 50% to vent my frustration with Dish. I will be glad to pay $120 termination fee.

I hate Dish, also I don't like DirectV, they are probably worse. Bottonline is Companies screw up their customers when you sign contract. I will go month to month when my AT&T wireless contract is over in October.

May god bring down all bad companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator: Please Remove or alter above sub-title.

Status
Please reply by conversation.