Dish Launches Big 10 Network

However I think the long-term plan is a worst-case scenario for those living outside of the B10 states.
Subs living outside of the B10, will have to pay $5/month to buy a sports tier in order to get a channel that E* is paying about $0.10/month/sub.
I doubt very many people outside B10 states will add the sports pack for B10 games. Those that would add it, probably already have it.

I was thinking the same thing roach. They could put up the 24/7 simulcast next week and use the HD PPV feeds for the HD overflow games when necessary.

I hope that is what they are going to do. I hope they don't just choose one of the 4 or 5 HD games at the same time to choose. It wouldn't hurt them to use a few of their, what, 9 new HDPPV channels.

I'm not so much a BIG 10 fan, I'm a Florida State fan, but I love college football and will be watching all day every Saturday so this is great in my opinion.

And let me get this straight. After the first of the year, BTN will only be available in the 8 states with Big 10 schools. Is that right? If so, that sucks. I'll miss a lot of good basketball then.

Are these the same people that cry foul when NY customers ask for YES HD? I could careless about BTN and I am above the AT100 so to me is just a ironic that I have to pay for this nonsense in the long run but the channel that I want for my RSN I can't get. Just f**** nonsense.

P.S. Shouldn't this be front page news?

I think this is a great add-on. I being a Big Ten fan, and also a NFL fan made a switch over because of rising cable rates. (I am talking about $160 a month between internet $60 and cable) Not to mention they refused to carry NFL network and figured they would do the same with Big Ten even though they are a huge company in Wisconsin as a cable provider (they being Charter). They do have good internet, but there cable sucks. Overpriced and not nearly enough HD. So to me even if I have to pay an extra $3 a month, that is minor compared to Charter. And I also get alot more channels. So to me Go Dish! Bill

I doubt very many people outside B10 states will add the sports pack for B10 games. Those that would add it, probably already have it.

I think you would be surprised. For example here in IA we have a ton of snowbirds that head for Texas, Arizona and the like each winter.

hopefully this shuts down espn gameplan and we can get all the major conferences out-of-market on the sportspak for 5.99 a month.

So instead of just the diehards paying for espn gameplan, now everybody will have to pay for it.

May I be the first to come over from the other side (D*) and congratulate you all for now getting the BTN. You will all now be able to watch my Nittany Lions dominate, well until basketball anyway. Actually I think the station will be way better for hoops than for football! Okay, so we won't be so dominant then....

So instead of just the diehards paying for espn gameplan, now everybody will have to pay for it.

It's an RSN. If you live out of market, you won't get it unless you choose to add on sportspack, and if you live in market you get it as an RSN. How is everybody paying for it?

May I be the first to come over from the other side (D*) and congratulate you all for now getting the BTN. You will all now be able to watch my Nittany Lions dominate, well until basketball anyway. Actually I think the station will be way better for hoops than for football! Okay, so we won't be so dominant then....

All we ask is that you beat the Domers.

It's an RSN. If you live out of market, you won't get it unless you choose to add on sportspack, and if you live in market you get it as an RSN. How is everybody paying for it?

We're all getting it. at least i am now in Texas (w/o Sports pak).

Must add that the Appl. State/Michigan game looked very darn good last night for SD. Very darn good. Has me wondering why all the SDs cant/dont look that good (again for SD)...

Oh MY GOSH!!!! I cannot believe all of you crying over this channel being added. One day it's "why don't they add this or that channel" or "where is the HD version"? Then the next day is, "oh they added the BTN? well my bill just went up $4!!" You cannot have it both ways!! If your crying about $4, then maybe you shouldn't have TV. Go back to the good ol days of 5 locals via an antenna.
I love it when Dish adds channels, some I watch, some I do not, but they are there just in case. If they day comes when my bill is too high, then I will make a decision on what to drop. Simple as that.
Just be thankful that Dish is adding programming! Bring on the Knitting HD channel!!!

We're all getting it. at least i am now in Texas (w/o Sports pak).

Must add that the Appl. State/Michigan game looked very darn good last night for SD. Very darn good. Has me wondering why all the SDs cant/dont look that good (again for SD)...

Press release said it's in preview mode through early 2008.

Someone has probably answered this but here it goes anyway. I am in SEC country. I will get the Big Tem Network until the first of the year. How much and can I get this channel after the first of the year? How much can I pay to get it? I could care less if it was sd but with the hd channel I would love it here.

I also noticed that I have several Big 10 alternate channels as well. Does that mean we could be able to flip through several games at a time, or will there be blackouts? Anyone have any idea?

Someone has probably answered this but here it goes anyway. I am in SEC country. I will get the Big Tem Network until the first of the year. How much and can I get this channel after the first of the year? How much can I pay to get it? I could care less if it was sd but with the hd channel I would love it here.

If you already pay the 5.99 for the sports pack you will get it ... otherwise it's 5.99. That is my understanding. In the 8 Big Ten states it will be available free in the Top 100 plus and above.

I will be adding it next year!

Lived in Ohio all my life until 3 years ago. I moved to Tx and paid the $100 for ESPN game plan to see Big 10. Canceled it this year when Big 10 was pulled. For me it will be cheaper next year to add the $5.99 sports teir to get Big Ten.

There are more of us than you think outside of Big 10 states.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)