DISH Launches Palladia

Got to admit I haven't watched FUSE much since they got rid of the hot goth chick and the show Pants Off Dance Off. :D
If you're referring to Juliya, she's been back on the channel for a while now.

As for Fuse not being in HD, they do have an HD feed, Dish just didn't carry it.

As for watching fuse, I haven't really watched it since they dumped the MuchMusic programming back in December 2002, although they almost won me back by finally signing a deal to air the MuchMusic Video Awards a few weeks ago, until they decided to impose their own obvious 10 second delay (MuchMusic started the awards immediately after the red carpet, Fuse showed 10 seconds of a black screen), which expanded to a nearly 5 minute delay when they decided to go on their own clock when it came to commercial breaks. They did it since in Canada s-bombs are allowed on TV, even though they had no problem with them when they were MuchUSA and simulcasted nearly every Canada based Much show except French Kiss. Not to be confused with the sham of a channel called MMUSA that only aired 90 minutes of Videoflow and Rap City, which up until a few months ago was still using the infamous rap/dancebattle in the abandoned warehouse opening, until Much decided to revamp their entire graphics package by using the same boring generic graphics for every single thematic video show (Vibe, Loud, Wedge, Rap City, Ledge, Video on Trial, etc. (Oddly enough, Fuse has since launched their own street front midtown studio that eerilee resembles MuchMusic's CHUMCity building, complete with giant lit signs with the logos of all of Rainbow's stations above each window)

Also, MTV's affiliate site makes no mention of an SD feed for Palladia, so the odds are Dish is just downconverting the HD feed. If Charlie is so obsessed with hiding their fallout with yet another channel by replacing it with a somewhat similar service, they should have gone with mtvU which has a playlist very similar to the ones hardcore Fuse fans are used to.

Last edited:
If you're referring to Juliya, she's been back on the channel for a while now.

As for Fuse not being in HD, they do have an HD feed, Dish just didn't carry it.

As for watching fuse, I haven't really watched it since they dumped the MuchMusic programming back in December 2002, although they almost won me back by finally signing a deal to air the MuchMusic Video Awards a few weeks ago, until they decided to impose their own obvious 10 second delay (MuchMusic started the awards immediately after the red carpet, Fuse showed 10 seconds of a black screen), which expanded to a nearly 5 minute delay when they decided to go on their own clock when it came to commercial breaks. They did it since in Canada s-bombs are allowed on TV, which they had no problem with when they were MuchUSA and simulcasted nearly every Canada based Much show except French Kiss.

Also, MTV's affiliate site makes no mention of an SD feed for Palladia, so the odds are Dish is just downconverting the HD feed. If Charlie is so obsessed with hiding their fallout with yet another channel by replacing it with a somewhat similar service, they should have gone with mtvU which has a playlist very similar to the ones hardcore Fuse fans are used to.

That would mean Charlie would have to fork over more dough for a different, additional channel.

I don't get it... so if it's part of AT 200 and above then why do you need to subscribe to the Platinum package to get it in HD?

. :D

I don't know. I checked my profile and my "250" package is not the same as the current "250" package. The account has a note on it that if i drop my"250" or change it i can not get the old package back. Platinum might not be required today but might have been when i converted over to HD 7/2009.

Ok so this sucks. I work for Dish just got this email today. Dont get me wrong Palladia is a nice channel, but I love Fuse. Comcast is looking a lot better to me right now.

If Fuse is a goner from Dish, guess who is responsible, typical Charlie, always screwing customers and caring about his money. now Fuse is gonna be a cable/DirecTV exclusive channel. this is the third dispute with a cable network in the last three months, first Dish almost pulled The Weather Channel, then they lost 4 Disney own HD Channels and now this. i hope DirecTV starts doing a ad campain where they say they don't have disputes that often like Dish does.

I have had PALLADIA in HD off DISH since 7/28/2009 with the 250 and Platinum package.

Bingo, plus 1.
(If we're talking about the same Palladia. The music channel from MTV? or what not.)

Must be something else. A press release re-stating the re-launch of Palladia is just a cover up for the deletion of Fuse.

*Only read until johnadams posted.

Wait. I've had Palladia for 12 months, but maybe the SD version did not exist. Now, DISH launches Palladia for SD users as well.

Never even knew it was there

Palladia I knew what it was but Fuse I didn't even know about it. But then since it was SD then I never saw it. Now Rave that was a music channel.

I'd still like to have Rave back... It was better than either Fuse or Palladia...

We didn't know how good we had it. Big music fan here, trying to get by with Austin City Limits and Sun Sessions on PBS. Rave had it right, nothing since has came close.

I've actually had Palladia for some time now as part of Dish's lowest HD-only package (Turbo HD Bronze). It seem odd that they require Platinum now.

Looks like the feud with the Dolans continues. I bet Dolan asked for more money for FUSE and E* told them to take a hike. I wouldn't expect to see this channel back on E* for a while. Dolan is a jackass that holds a grudge and he is still hating E* for dropping the VOOM channels. My 2 cents on the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts