DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Whenever I remove the Hopper+ and go back to two Hopper 3s mode I will let you know if the Joey 4 models can access progr
With Hopper+ attached to primary H3 I can see the 2nd Hopper 3 on a Joey 4. But when I select it and select a recording to watch I get a window that says playback stopped. So that is a no go. Same thing happens with the H3+. I can see the 2nd H3 drop down menu but the recordings on the 2nd H3 do not work.
Does the Hopper+ connect to the rear usb 3 or usb 2.0?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I want to see operation AFTER it is set up. What does the opening screen look like? How do you get to the Dish EPG? How do you access the DVR? How responsive (slow?) is the remote? Show how the HDR works/doesn’t work on a non HDR TV and on a HDR capable UHD TV. Does it matter if the TV is HDR only or HDR10 capable?

A video for the clueless.

And for a cherry on top, show how the Plus works as an Internet browser. Speed, type size etc.

Thanks for asking.
I posted the opening screen in my Its Coming post.

Here you go. Note its shortened from the actual bootup and dosen't have music.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukkBPxtXwc

I will see what I can capture tonight. :)

I usually reboot the Hopper then reboot the plus. The plus boots faster than the hopper, so I see the waiting for Hopper screen for a few minutes, and then it all magically starts working again.
I am trying to reconnect the Hopper + but keep getting no HDMI input signal. I have rebooted hopper 3 and unplugged Hopper + and plugged back in. You can see the + boot with the Dish logos but keep getting no HDMI input

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 58
Does the Hopper+ connect to the rear usb 3 or usb 2.0?
I wanted to connect the H+ to the front USB however the cord is too short and by the time you connect the HDMI and with the power cords it just didn't look right to me sitting there. So tech connected the H+ to the upper USB 3.0 port and I connected my EHD to the front USB port.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I usually plug the H3 back in, wait a minute or so and then plug in the Plus, also re-plug in the J4.
Not sure that is the necessary order but it works for me.
It lets the H3 get going so the Plus and J4 have something to connect to.
Thanks Scott Greczkowski. So if you remove the H+ and reboot the Hopper does all the Joey 4s have to be re-booted too?

With Hopper+ attached to primary H3 I can see the 2nd Hopper 3 on a Joey 4. But when I select it and select a recording to watch I get a window that says playback stopped. So that is a no go. Same thing happens with the H3+. I can see the 2nd H3 drop down menu but the recordings on the 2nd H3 do not work.
141park discovered my 2nd H3 was de-activated. So I called DISH and got her going again. I can now play recordings from the 2nd H3 from my Joeys 4. Yehaa

Thanks Scott Greczkowski. So if you remove the H+ and reboot the Hopper does all the Joey 4s have to be re-booted too?
Nope, they will freeze up and say Connection to the Hopper is lost and it waits for the Hopper to come back online then starts working again.

I wanted to connect the H+ to the front USB however the cord is too short and by the time you connect the HDMI and with the power cords it just didn't look right to me sitting there. So tech connected the H+ to the upper USB 3.0 port and I connected my EHD to the front USB port.
And you can only use the USB cable it came with. I tried changing the cable for a 6 foot one and the Plus would not work with it. Must be a lot of data going over the little cable. :)

Bobby guess what!!! I went to my 2nd H3 and discovered there were no Sat channels in my guide. OTA and On Demand channels were there and everything else worked. So I called DISH. Got a fellow Texan from El Paso. He said my 2nd H3 was deactivated yesterday during or after tech visit. I don't recall him doing that. CSR activated it back and bingo the guide was there. So I asked him if he could take a look at my dead Joey 4 to see if he could get her working again. He said it shows activated and did a refresh. BINGO She is up and running. Yehaa So I cancelled my DISH tech visit that was for tomorrow. I am a happy camper now. I don't think I will ever try to link my Joey 4s to the second H3 any more unless I remove the H+ and back to normal Hopper mode. I am so happy I am going to have a 5 PM somewhere beer.