DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Which mesh router system do you use? Or recommend?
I use the Linksys Velop triband mesh routers, but only because that was the first system that we sold. The speed on them is awesome and they have all the options you need except for one thing, you cannot update them to the newest firmware.

Now we sell Google mesh routers which are OK but I’m not a big fan. They do the job. Frontier uses the Eero (sic) routers and I am not a fan of those either. I have replaced those with Google mash and it was much better. Another one I would stay away from are the Plume that a lot of fiber optic companies use.

I think if I could afford the routers that I would like to use, Asus Zen would probably be my first choice. I’ve had customers that use those and the rave about them. The Orbi Netgear routers look very good also.

Ay carumba. This isn't a Hopper Plus issue (or at least I think it isn't). Had the tech out Weds to inspect and improve the low signal strength and to look at the Hopper which had been acting strange. He said the Hopper looked good on the diagnostic screen with only a few reboots. Well, today the Hopper appears to be dying, going into a constant reboot cycle. Hopper Plus home screen comes up, live signal behind it, and 3 seconds later goes back into reboot. CSR believes it is a power issue, thus dying Hopper. If anyone else has seen this and has a solve BEFORE a big football weekend (appt is next Weds), I'll owe you a cold one. Apparently no way to disconnect the Plus (according to CSR) to isolate to ensure it is the Hopper and not the Plus.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ay carumba. This isn't a Hopper Plus issue (or at least I think it isn't). Had the tech out Weds to inspect and improve the low signal strength and to look at the Hopper which had been acting strange. He said the Hopper looked good on the diagnostic screen with only a few reboots. Well, today the Hopper appears to be dying, going into a constant reboot cycle. Hopper Plus home screen comes up, live signal behind it, and 3 seconds later goes back into reboot. CSR believes it is a power issue, thus dying Hopper. If anyone else has seen this and has a solve BEFORE a big football weekend (appt is next Weds), I'll owe you a cold one. Apparently no way to disconnect the Plus (according to CSR) to isolate to ensure it is the Hopper and not the Plus.
From other people here on H+ systems it seams that you need to unplug both the H+ power and usb cable off of the back, after about 20 minutes of rebooting the Hopper should return to normal

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
It's been posted that you can unplug the H+, plug HDMI back into Hopper, & then go thru a 20 minute Hopper reboot. Then you will be back into pure Hopper mode. That's what I am going to do next week if my H+ issues aren't fixed by then.

It's been posted that you can unplug the H+, plug HDMI back into Hopper, & then go thru a 20 minute Hopper reboot. Then you will be back into pure Hopper mode. That's what I am going to do next week if my H+ issues aren't fixed by then.
I'm getting a blue error screen when do this that tells me that the Hopper Plus must be connected to the Hopper 3 if I try and put humpty dumpty back together. Hard to say at this point if I have a Hopper 3 or Hopper Plus with power issues.
20220923_173346.jpg

Last edited:
Is this after you rebooted the Hopper?
Yes, it comes up about ten minutes into the reboot of the Hopper 3. Doesn't let you past that screen.

As an update, after about the 30th reboot with the H+, I'm now back to working again. Diagnostics shows I have had 52 internal reboots on the Hopper 3 today. Feels like the Hopper is failing, but I'm going to ask to have both replaced at this point. Now to see if I can make it through the football weekend in tact with RedZone, or whether we will take a trip back in time and watch just the networks.

Yes, it comes up about ten minutes into the reboot of the Hopper 3. Doesn't let you past that screen.

As an update, after about the 30th reboot with the H+, I'm now back to working again. Diagnostics shows I have had 52 internal reboots on the Hopper 3 today. Feels like the Hopper is failing, but I'm going to ask to have both replaced at this point. Now to see if I can make it through the football weekend in tact with RedZone, or whether we will take a trip back in time and watch just the networks.
Sorry for all your headaches. You got me worried now. I may not remove my H+. Did you remove the H+ USB connection & remove the HDMI cable and plug it back into the Hopper?

Last edited:
Sorry for all your headaches. You got me worried now. I may not remove my H+. Did you remove the H+ USB connection & remove the HDMI cable and plug it back into the Hopper?
Yes, completely powered down, disconnected, reconnected the HDMI back to the Hopper. Everything is working again now after so many reboots. It all started when I tried to update the software. I've been getting the software update messages every day, but it never goes to the newest release. When I tried to go into the menu today to upgrade, it started the process of dozens of consecutive reboots. It would land on the starting channel, go a few seconds, freeze, and then reboot again. Now I have no idea which device is failing, or is this just some sort of update failure and both devices are fine?