DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Sadly, losing the 3.0 would mean slower external hard drives
I use this on my sole 3.0 port: Amazon product ASIN B01K4241D0View: https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-External-Desktop-Photography-STEL6000100/dp/B01K4241D0
Gives me 2 more USB3 jacks on the front.
I believe others have posted the USB 2 is fine. Must be, as the HWS has no USB 3.
Not only that, EHD performance is unexceptional and I seriously doubt anybody would notice a difference were it on a USB2 port. Caveat: I haven't pluggd it in to a USB2 port.

Hard to find workers. But the CSR -IS- the company to the customer. Pay more.
HIRE Americans instead of over seas operators. Nothing worse than talking to someone that sounds like Apu from Simpsons. I already don't hear that great and they are sing songing ever word and I hear maybe every other word. When they started using foreign call centers the customer service level dropped considerably. Makes you wonder how much churn was caused by this one mistake in order to save them money. Penny wise and Pound foolish . :rolleyes

HIRE Americans instead of over seas operators. Nothing worse than talking to someone that sounds like Apu from Simpsons. I already don't hear that great and they are sing songing ever word and I hear maybe every other word. When they started using foreign call centers the customer service level dropped considerably. Makes you wonder how much churn was caused by this one mistake in order to save them money. Penny wise and Pound foolish . :rolleyes
So far, they have sent a third-party contractor out 35 miles each way without the proper equipment. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with an employee (not on hold) They have shipped me 2nd day air a Hopper 3 and two 4K Joey's that are not needed at all and are being shipped back. Another tech will be coming out tomorrow morning to hopefully finish up. The Hopper 3 going back will have to go through refurbishment as well as the two 4K Joey's AND the two 4K Joey's I currently have that are being replaced with the two Joey 4's. I am sure I am missing something here. I can't even imagine how much it has costed them!

Well, for the second evening in a row my Hopper + froze while watching live tv forcing a restart. Only way to get it back is to restart the Hopper 3 and then hard restart of the Hopper +. Each time I have had to repair the remote to the Hopper to get it to work. Last evening I called tech support to get it going. This evening I repeated the steps from yesterday to get it going. If it happens again tomorrow evening I am going to be a very unhappy camper. I have had this equipment for 3 weeks tomorrow and almost every day one box or another has to be rebooted due to one problem or another. When it works it is good, but if my experience is indicative of everyone else this junk should have never been released to the public. I consider myself very technical and I cannot imagine someone who is not technical putting up with this sh*t show. Sorry, but getting a little fed up. Anyone else experiencing my frustration with this equipment or is it just my luck?

Well, for the second evening in a row my Hopper + froze while watching live tv forcing a restart. Only way to get it back is to restart the Hopper 3 and then hard restart of the Hopper +. Each time I have had to repair the remote to the Hopper to get it to work. Last evening I called tech support to get it going. This evening I repeated the steps from yesterday to get it going. If it happens again tomorrow evening I am going to be a very unhappy camper. I have had this equipment for 3 weeks tomorrow and almost every day one box or another has to be rebooted due to one problem or another. When it works it is good, but if my experience is indicative of everyone else this junk should have never been released to the public. I consider myself very technical and I cannot imagine someone who is not technical putting up with this sh*t show. Sorry, but getting a little fed up. Anyone else experiencing my frustration with this equipment or is it just my luck?
How did you perform a hard restart on the Hopper +? I am having issues with mine getting hung up on the no hdmi input signal each time. I have reset the hopper 3, download all ATV files on the hopper 3 and then connected the hopper + to the hopper 3 but keeps getting stuck on no hdmi signal input. Perhaps a hard reset of hopper + may work. Thanks

Bobby guess what!!! I went to my 2nd H3 and discovered there were no Sat channels in my guide. OTA and On Demand channels were there and everything else worked. So I called DISH. Got a fellow Texan from El Paso. He said my 2nd H3 was deactivated yesterday during or after tech visit. I don't recall him doing that. CSR activated it back and bingo the guide was there. So I asked him if he could take a look at my dead Joey 4 to see if he could get her working again. He said it shows activated and did a refresh. BINGO She is up and running. Yehaa So I cancelled my DISH tech visit that was for tomorrow. I am a happy camper now. I don't think I will ever try to link my Joey 4s to the second H3 any more unless I remove the H+ and back to normal Hopper mode. I am so happy I am going to have a 5 PM somewhere beer.
Bobby I finally had a chance to look into all the settings in that Joey 4 that was giving me troubles. Guess what!! It was linked to the 2nd H3. So many everything was a glitch. I held my breath and linked it back to the H+ H3 and it worked. I don't think I will try another linking process for now. Don't want to press my luck

How did you perform a hard restart on the Hopper +? I am having issues with mine getting hung up on the no hdmi input signal each time. I have reset the hopper 3, download all ATV files on the hopper 3 and then connected the hopper + to the hopper 3 but keeps getting stuck on no hdmi signal input. Perhaps a hard reset of hopper + may work. Thanks
I pulled the plug for ten seconds after the Hopper 3 reboot was complete.

I pulled the plug for ten seconds after the Hopper 3 reboot was complete.
Thanks. I can't even get a picture once I connect the Hopper +. You get the dish logo a couple times so it is trying to load but then all of a sudden get the the no HDMI input signal message per my previous post. My wireless Joey 4 no issues at all with it and connecting to the Hopper 3.

Thanks. I can't even get a picture once I connect the Hopper +. You get the dish logo a couple times so it is trying to load but then all of a sudden get the the no HDMI input signal message per my previous post. My wireless Joey 4 no issues at all with it and connecting to the Hopper 3.
I have not experienced that issue since the install when they had to replace a bad Hopper + because it was doing something similar to what you describe. However, when the tech would unplug the Hopper + he would get a screen saying something to the effect of the Hopper + not connected.

One of my J4s says network not connected in the diagnostics network menu. My other J4 and two WJs all say connected. I did a reset network thru the H+. J4 still says not connected even after rebooting the Joey. Any ideas?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
One of my WJs would not come out of the black screen this morning. I tried channel up/down, change the channel, and numerous other buttons. Finally had to reboot it. Is there any other ways to come out of the black screen without having to reboot?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
One of my J4s says network not connected in the diagnostics network menu. My other J4 and two WJs all say connected. I did a reset network thru the H+. J4 still says not connected even after rebooting the Joey. Any ideas?
I had that problem on a wireless Joey 4 and couldn’t get it to connect but luckily the customers Internet was in the same room and I connected the Joey to the router by ethernet and it popped right in