Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™ Entertainment "All Content in One Place" System​

• Everything you love to watch all in one place with live TV, On Demand content and streaming apps
  • Raise the bar on your TV experience - no switching inputs or remotes
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network announced the nationwide launch of its new Hopper Plus entertainment system. Three new 4K devices — Hopper Plus, Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4 — are now seamlessly integrated with the award-winning Hopper whole-home DVR system. Hopper Plus makes TV easy with everything built into the user's DISH Home screen, including live TV, On Demand, their favorite streaming apps, and smart shelves including "On Now," "Your Games On Now & Upcoming" and "Recent Recordings."

Powered by Android TV™, Hopper Plus users have access to Google Play, including 10,000+ apps, spanning games, video streaming and music. The simple design and innovative functionality of the Hopper Plus make accessing movies and shows faster than ever. Users can now watch all of their entertainment in one place without switching inputs or remotes.

The new Hopper Plus and Joey devices add to the Hopper's industry-best experience with 2,000 hours of DVR recordings, enhanced search capability, over 60,000 free On Demand titles, and AutoHop®, which allows customers to skip commercials on select recordings. Users can also watch all their live and recorded TV shows anywhere with the DISH Anywhere app.

"Since the Hopper's release, DISH has continued to be a pioneer and innovate our best-in-class Hopper system," said Brian Neylon, DISH TV group president. "DISH TV is all about providing the best service, technology and value in the industry. Hopper Plus is the next evolution of our award-winning whole-home DVR system and delivers an industry-leading viewing experience. It offers convenience for our customers to do more in one place, accessing their favorite live TV, streaming services and smart-home technologies all from their DISH Home screen."

In addition to Hopper Plus, the next-generation system includes two new Joey receivers, a wired and wireless Joey 4. The Joey 4 devices extend the Hopper Plus capabilities and deliver 4K HDR video to any room in the house. The DISH Voice Remote, with Google Assistant, allows customers to use their voice to search for movies and shows, change channels, check the weather, open apps and manage various smart home devices, all on their TV. Chromecast built-in™ allows users to cast a video directly from their phone to the TV, quickly displaying content from any supported mobile app.

Technical Specs

The Hopper Plus and the Joey 4 devices are powered by a BCM 72160 Quad-core processor running at 2.6GHz. The devices contain 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM memory and 16GB of eMMC flash memory while supporting SD, HD and 4K HDR viewing. This next-generation product is compatible with HDMI 2.1 and USB 2.0 and is equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.

To learn more about Hopper Plus, visit: https://dish.com/features/hopper-plus/

For existing subscribers how do we order or upgrade? And will it require a new contract and "professional" installation?

So, with the Hopper Plus, is it an device hooked to the Hopper 3. That was what I was told by Dish, when I asked that question. I was also told that it was not available in my area. It looks like it is now available nationwide, but the way it looks, it is available only for new customers, along with the Joey 4 and Joey 4 Wireless.

So, with the Hopper Plus, is it an device hooked to the Hopper 3. That was what I was told by Dish, when I asked that question. I was also told that it was not available in my area. It looks like it is now available nationwide, but the way it looks, it is available only for new customers, along with the Joey 4 and Joey 4 Wireless.
I don't know if this has changed, but I was told its available to New Customers now and will be made available to existing customers on September 15th. I also don't know of any pricing for upgrading. If any of this changes I am sure DISH will let me know and I will pass it along. :)

Will the Joey 4 allow access to the Dish 4K HDR channels (540-xx) that our Joey 4K can’t?

Existing dish customer here. Got a install of the plus and 2 wireless Joey 4 scheduled for Saturday. No mention of a 2 year contract and waived the install fee but each new piece of equipment had a one time fee of $50. So $150 plus tax due immediately and they wouldn’t budge on that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Existing dish customer here. Got a install of the plus and 2 wireless Joey 4 scheduled for Saturday. No mention of a 2 year contract and waived the install fee but each new piece of equipment had a one time fee of $50. So $150 plus tax due immediately and they wouldn’t budge on that.

Got to be honest. At that price With no Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos it’s not worth it at that price.

I currently have a Hopper 3 and some Joey 2’s. I’m on the fence about adding the Hopper + because I currently have Roku’s. But I’m definitely interested in upgrading my Joey’s because mine are extremely slow. How are the speeds on the Joey 4 versus the 3? And can I get 4K on the Joey 4 without the Hopper +?

I currently have a Hopper 3 and some Joey 2’s. I’m on the fence about adding the Hopper + because I currently have Roku’s. But I’m definitely interested in upgrading my Joey’s because mine are extremely slow. How are the speeds on the Joey 4 versus the 3? And can I get 4K on the Joey 4 without the Hopper +?

That would be worth doing as they are fast.

Last time I asked for existing customers a Hopper + would not be required.

Thank You, Scott. You just answered all of the questions from my Post. While I understand, that it is the perks of being a New Customers with Dish,
I don't know if this has changed, but I was told its available to New Customers now and will be made available to existing customers on September 15th. I also don't know of any pricing for upgrading. If any of this changes I am sure DISH will let me know and I will pass it along. :)
I realize that there are perks to being a New Customer, but the long term established customers should also have some perks as well. Even if the Hopper Plus/Joey 4 is charged a one time upgrade fee.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thank You, Scott. You just answered all of the questions from my Post. While I understand, that it is the perks of being a New Customers with Dish,

I realize that there are perks to being a New Customer, but the long term established customers should also have some perks as well. Even if the Hopper Plus/Joey 4 is charged a one time upgrade fee.
It will be available to existing customers next week. Calm down...