Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

nickg420 said:
Has Anyone seen this response yet???
Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously
improve the quality of the DISH Network service.
We have confirmed the VOOM issue. We have had several meetings over the
last few days and have figured out a solution. It is our policy not to
give out the technical information aspect of this, but rest assured we
will be working as fast as possible to resolve it. We thank you for
your continued patience and for pointing this situation out to us. Our
HD customers are valuable, and we hope you are pleased with the result!
At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their
audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information,
and for being a valued customer.
EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
Yes, it's now the automated reply from the Dish Quality Team. I replied back with more questions and received the same response. :mad:

Gary Murrell said:
Guys please
How many times do we have to say it, nothing was touched except 4 Voom HD channels
monsters/equator/ultra/animania

WELL...the title of this thread is "All are now HD-Lite". And the thread is 25 pages long.

I just got back from vacation. When a thread gets that long, I start at the end and work my way back until I see some actual information. I would assume I'm not the only one.

So unless someone changes the title of the thread, you can expect to see some ignorant posts. (Although I don't know why anyone was talking about HDNET.)

And to answer your question...once every three or four pages should keep everyone in line.

I wrote the word ALL in my title to mean "now are all 1280x1080i" implying that everyone knows that 6 of the 10 Vooms HAVE been 1280x1080i since day one

sorry for the confusion, I just don't want everyone thinking Dish has destroyed all HD, misunderstanding stuff and confusing facts and thus possibly starting rumors elesewhere, hurting Dish's high standard reputation of HD offering's

Personally I think that Dish should take all HD from 110 and make 148/61.5 the HD birds, that way anyone who wants HD has a second Dish in supplement to their Superdish/Dish 1000

the HD on 110(other than the 2 HDNets which are untouched on their own transponder) are not being treated as well as they could:

Discovery is down now around the 13.5 Mbps mark, that is not enough for that channel
Showtime and HBO are down around 10.5-11.5 and need roughly at least 13-14 Mbps
TNT-HD is compressed hard also as is ESPN HD

I really think that if Dish wants to stay ahead of the HD game and be on the top they need to stick to only 2 HD per transponder
they need to first get 8psk going, then put 2 HD pure transponder with 2 SD along with it

I just spent a whole day and 150$ to put up a Dish and hit the impossible 148 at my location, I did it to get HBO/Showtime HD on that bird, they are much better than the 110 versions and average roughly 2/3 Mbps video MORE than 110, I wish Discovery was still on 148

-Gary

Respose I recieved this morning from Dish to my complaint regarding Voom/Hd Lite issue. Does anybody know what their "solution" is ??

Dear Mr. Bossert,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have confirmed the VOOM issue. We have had several meetings over the last few days and have figured out a solution. It is our policy not to give out the technical information aspect of this, but rest assured we will be working as fast as possible to resolve it. We thank you for your continued patience and for pointing this situation out to us. Our HD customers are valuable, and we hope you are pleased with the result!

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

dishquality@echostar.com
[/I]

Message Back from Dish

I received that same mssage back from ceo e-mail. "please have patience, this will not happen in a week. We are having meetings"

Didn't hey make the change in 1 day? Why can't they change it back in 1 day?

It's all bull***t. They are just seeing if the clamour will calm down. Nothing will be done. The decision to go HD-Lite has been made.

I watched all Voom channels last night and some of it looks aweful. (DVD quality)

Just don't think we matter....

I don't understand the change. I thought they had loads of space up there, why nickel and dime the HD stuff?

My take

If we are loyal HD subs(of which I am for sure) and we are complaining to them about Dish down rezzing all Voom to 1280x1080i and they say that they hope we are pleased with the result

what is the only thing we are complaining about and we would be pleased if it were fixed??

Dish to Stop Down Rezzing to 1280x1080i!!

seems pretty simple to me, that or they are gonna convert to 720p ;)

-Gary

It's interesting that there are minor differences in the various replys. Here's mine from yesterday...
Dear Mr. Perdue:

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously
improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have confirmed the VOOM issue. We have had meetings over the last
few days regarding this topic. Another one is scheduled tomorrow to
finalize our solution. The coordination involved in achieving these
changes may take awhile. It is our policy not to give out the technical
aspect of our operations, but rest assured we will be working as fast as
possible to resolve it. We thank you for your continued patience and
for pointing out this situation to us. Our HD customers are valuable,
and we hope you are pleased with the result!

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their
audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information,
and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC
dishquality@echostar.com

If Dish is trying to slow this down we are not gonna move a inch and come CES this buzzard(and hopefully a few others) are gonna start trimming some bills

this is unacceptable and will always be, unless Dish stopping calling it HD and throws it in the America's pak's for free

-Gary

Sound issues

Don't know if this is related to the downrezzing, but when flipping through the Voom channels last night. the sound on a Gallery program was severely distorted -- it was impossible to watch that channel. Last week, the sound on a showing of Fail Safe (on Majestic?) was really messed up -- it sounded like a machine gun...

Gary Murrell said:
If Dish is trying to slow this down we are not gonna move a inch and come CES this buzzard(and hopefully a few others) are gonna start trimming some bills
this is unacceptable and will always be, unless Dish stopping calling it HD and throws it in the America's pak's for free
-Gary

At this point, It is the principle of the matter. They have promised to deliver in a satisfactory manner, and they have stated that they intend to advertise as the HD leader in 2006. Therefore they could stop calling it HD and throw it in the America's pack for free, and I would still be greatly dissatisfied. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS, and THEY NEED TO PROVIDE TRUE HD on ALL quote "HD CHANNELS." I hate watching ESPN HD on Dish. The distant picture when looking down on the field looks BAD! They've opened up a can of worms, and I'm not sure they understand that.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could call E* Corporate offices and actually get Charlie on the phone and ask him WTF???

Tell him to change the name to Direct-Dish cause if you stick with HD-Lite you'll be one in the same......then tell him they both can take all their birds in the sky and shove em..........You're going to cable!!!!!!!

that would be nice. Charlie needs to just look how he is making money hand over fist and realize that it can change just as quick as it started.

my point was that if Dish wishes to do this and it stays, HD will no longer be HD to me and might as well be thrown in the America paks and called SD-Enhanced because me and most others will not pay for nor put up with this garbage

I would very much like to talk to Charlie and say WTF??

-Gary

What???

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
well you guys have the chance Dec 12th to talk to the big man

Get real......They screen those calls tighter than a gnats ass stretched over a rain barrel!!

The minute they think you have an attitude or ulterior motives you are the last person to get to talk to Charlie.

Even if you did that doesn't mean he has to answer it in a direct way......"We understand and are aware of this problem, we are working on a solution, please be patient" and on to the next question....or the next stupid prize they give away in an attempt to make up for the dumb things they do.....

Honestly, The Charlie Chat is stupid they tell you what they think you would want to hear and then they do what they want to do, and had planned to do all along......E* has and always will operate that way !!

It could easily take several days for E* to consider their options and begin implementing them. For one thing, they are working on ways to deliver all 21 VOOM channels. The implementation of 1280x1080 across all of them, may well have been a decision that was made and plotted out a couple of months ago.

Now we are potentially within 3-4 weeks of rollout, and after they take the step to reduce resolution down to the level they are already providing on other channels, they get this large pushback from customers. There was good reason for them to not expect this and to not have a technical contingency plan for a none-1280 solution.

To expect them to resolve this in a day or two, and then implement it, is unrealistic. Sure they could just go back to the way things were, but they've got to be making decisions that enable them to provide all 21 channels Real Soon Now. These are no independent events.

I suspect they must be considering such things as trying to sell a 1440x1080 solution on VOOM to us. I don't think their only option is to provide 1920x1080 high bitrate on all 21 channels and have it fully operational off of two satellites within 3 weeks. Frankly they may question the cost justification for this, given that they don't make much from VOOM.

The HD response from Dish.. I got yesterday

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have confirmed the VOOM issue. We have had several meetings over the last few days and have figured out a solution. It is our policy not to give out the technical information aspect of this, but rest assured we will be working as fast as possible to resolve it. We thank you for your continued patience and for pointing this situation out to us. Our HD customers are valuable, and we hope you are pleased with the result!

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

dishquality@echostar.com

I still say call on Dec 12th and very nicely address your concerns about VOOM, If they don't take your call or hang up then that's how they feel about the situation. If that's the case I'd say drop Dish altogether and then see what they do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)