Dish mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Cousin built this mount and pipe for me & came down to help me with it .

Have the 8' damaged dish on it . Analog comes in STRONG . :)

Weather permitting , will try to put together the better of two 10' dishes . Will replace the 8' dish with it .

Wyr

Attachments

• 8_Foot_Dish.jpg
    8_Foot_Dish.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 290
Nice Mount... I need to move my 10' fiberglass out of the yard as a tree behind it has grown to where in the summer months the middle to east part of the arc is hidden and also a tree in front of. The Pole will make a perfect start to a picnic table after I trim a little off the height...

why not...

dfergie said:
Nice Mount... I need to move my 10' fiberglass out of the yard as a tree behind it has grown to where in the summer months the middle to east part of the arc is hidden and also a tree in front of. The Pole will make a perfect start to a picnic table after I trim a little off the height...

Heck, I would cut down the tree!!!!

I had one encroaching on my 8 footer's view, and a few months ago, took a chainsaw to it! Looks more like a large shrub now!:D

Jeff

Hey is that dish in the picture steel? It looks just like one of the old steel ones from back when I was first in the biz in 1988.

bummer

dfergie said:
Only non Pine/ Shade tree I have :) ( I live in the desert too ) perfect place for a table...

Oh well....That tree I cut to a nub was a good shade tree too (giant leaves!). I think I got just the right amount off the eastern side so I can eat my cake while watching all the sats I need!

With my mentality though, I bought this house with home theater and a Satellite dish in mind. I actually did a site survey, before signing the papers 12 yrs ago! I only have one neighbor close to me on the belt view (corner of a Cul De Sac) and he is a good distance from me. I can get W3 just over the peak of his house ...barely but good signal!

Warm today here (thus the new avatar)...starting to think of ways to keep the wasps getting a building permit again in the feedhorn! <NASTY buggers> Try putting a hamburger out in the summer when they arrive...it is gone in less that 20 minutes!!!!:hungry:

Good Luck Fergie!
Jeff

Last edited:
Poor picture ( taken at night ) of the 10' Zenith dish on the pipe and mount my cousin built for me .

I was getting very good analog video with the damaged 8' dish .

Getting fantastic video in this 10' dish . :)

Wyr

Attachments

• 10_Foot_Zenith_Dish1.JPG
    10_Foot_Zenith_Dish1.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 10_Foot_Zenith_Dish2.JPG
    10_Foot_Zenith_Dish2.JPG
    321.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Lynskyn said:
Hey is that dish in the picture steel? It looks just like one of the old steel ones from back when I was first in the biz in 1988.

The damaged 8' dish was aluninum framing w/ aluminun mesh .

The 10' Zenith dish is perferated sheet metal , aluminun , I think .

Wyr

Wyr

Perforated alum

WyrTwister said:

Wyr

Wyr

My 8 footer is Perforated Aluminum and the PQ is EXCELLENT! They were more expensive than mesh...now I fully understand why!
jeff

Ok...show and tell!

WyrTwister said:
Poor picture ( taken at night ) of the 10' Zenith dish on the pipe and mount my cousin built for me .

I was getting very good analog video with the damaged 8' dish .

Getting fantastic video in this 10' dish . :)

Wyr

Hi Wyr:

Just had to run out and take a night shot of my perf Alum Winegard 8 footer. Bought it new in the late 70's and moved it from an old house to this one! Still excellent!
Jeff

Attachments

• my dish.jpg
    my dish.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 216
WyrTwister said:

Wyr

Wyr

That's good. Those steel suckers were HEAVY. But they did hold their shape.

Daylight ( clowdy ) pics of the 10' Zenith dish , compared to the 8' damaged dish.

The 90 cm dish was in the " shadow " of the the 10' dish . Moved it to the 2" ID pole at the eve of the house .

Wyr

Attachments

• 10_foot_Zenith_Dish1.jpg
    10_foot_Zenith_Dish1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 343
  • 10_foot_Zenith_Dish2.jpg
    10_foot_Zenith_Dish2.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
gizzer777 said:
Hi Wyr:

Just had to run out and take a night shot of my perf Alum Winegard 8 footer. Bought it new in the late 70's and moved it from an old house to this one! Still excellent!
Jeff

Nice looking dish . Did all of these have button hook mounts for the feed horn ?

Might even be tempted to do some painting on the flat plate and pole . :)

Wyr

All that I still see are

WyrTwister said:
Nice looking dish . Did all of these have button hook mounts for the feed horn ?

Might even be tempted to do some painting on the flat plate and pole . :)

Wyr

The ones I still see (8-10 ft Winegards) around here have buttonhooks. I have only seen a few at houses, but alot of bars and restaurants have Winegard 10 footers here...all perforated Aluminum from their looks
When I bought it new, I had no idea there was anything else. It worked and I was happy...I AM STILL HAPPY!!!

IT IS A VERY STABLE MOUNT FOR THE LNB AND WE HAVE SOME OUTRAGEOUS WINDS HERE!

I have a little rust to remove this spring and will be doing a little touch up myself! I think the orig finish was powder coated and that may be why it has held up so well!

The small amount of rust is where the Buttonhook post slides into the holder in the dish. Geez, after 25+ yrs outside...I would be solid rust!!! I am thinking of putting a light coat of Polyurathane on that spot after I remove the rust and touch it up...There are some discolored spots on the dish but no rust or corosion! Amazing after 25+ yrs ..Your toughts?

EDIT: mesh dishes usually get wiped out by the winds here! I have seen a nice Paraclipse around the neighborhood though!

Regards
jeff

Last edited:
It's a reason they called the old Winegard Pinnacles antennas the "Rolls Royce" of antennas.

I had the 10ft Pinnacle model back in the 80's, best mesh dish ever made.

Likvid said:
It's a reason they called the old Winegard Pinnacles antennas the "Rolls Royce" of antennas.

I had the 10ft Pinnacle model back in the 80's, best mesh dish ever made.

Yes, those were very good and very deep with heavy duty mounts and the panels were perforated, not really mesh, so the surface was smoother like a solid dish.

and....

Lynskyn said:
Yes, those were very good and very deep with heavy duty mounts and the panels were perforated, not really mesh, so the surface was smoother like a solid dish.

and the perf holes are VERY small....great for KU too! Gee, I had no idea I had bought such a great dish...the dealer recommended it and I knew I did not want a fiberglass solid one...or even mesh due to the winds here. The only mesh I considered was the Paraclipse (way too expensive!)
Jeff
Jeff

Winegard Pinnacle Ck1088

The ones I still see (8-10 ft Winegards) around here have buttonhooks. I have only seen a few at houses, but alot of bars and restaurants have Winegard 10 footers here...all perforated Aluminum from their looks
When I bought it new, I had no idea there was anything else. It worked and I was happy...I AM STILL HAPPY!!!

IT IS A VERY STABLE MOUNT FOR THE LNB AND WE HAVE SOME OUTRAGEOUS WINDS HERE!

I have a little rust to remove this spring and will be doing a little touch up myself! I think the orig finish was powder coated and that may be why it has held up so well!

The small amount of rust is where the Buttonhook post slides into the holder in the dish. Geez, after 25+ yrs outside...I would be solid rust!!! I am thinking of putting a light coat of Polyurathane on that spot after I remove the rust and touch it up...There are some discolored spots on the dish but no rust or corosion! Amazing after 25+ yrs ..Your toughts?

EDIT: mesh dishes usually get wiped out by the winds here! I have seen a nice Paraclipse around the neighborhood though!

Regards
jeff

I just bought the dish from a friend and he does not have any info on it I will appreciate all you can tell me about this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)