Dish Network 5G Internet?

Not to get off topic but can somebody please explain to me what the rage is about NFT’s?
1651842993803.png

I see NFT and the first thing that comes to mind is scam... and Pet Rock. With the only phone costing a fortune, how in the world does Dish think this is going to work. A person that'll spend $900 on a phone isn't caring as much about a $100 a month cell phone bill. Quite possibly one of the least effective Venn Diagrams, people who'd pay $900 for a phone, people that want to only pay $30 for cell phone service.

View attachment 156654

I see NFT and the first thing that comes to mind is scam... and Pet Rock. With the only phone costing a fortune, how in the world does Dish think this is going to work. A person that'll spend $900 on a phone isn't caring as much about a $100 a month cell phone bill. Quite possibly one of the least effective Venn Diagrams, people who'd pay $900 for a phone, people that want to only pay $30 for cell phone service.
Have you priced iPhones lately? Several models are north of $1,000.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I am guessing that DISH will be giving away phones when its really time to go to consumers. I think while "launching" they are doing it to satisfy government timelines, however they are not actually looking to sign anyone up yet, but will if the people want to outlay the money.
I would guess over the next 6 months to a year while the network will be online and available they will be doing a lot of tuning and optimization of the network.

When its "Really" ready to go I have a feeling you won't be able to go anywhere without hearing about Dish Wireless and all their special offers.

Looks like I will be carrying two phones soon. :)

View attachment 156654

Lease probably...like satellite receivers

Will DISH new 5G service be just cell phone service only? Will there be home service too with modems & routers?
If it's like the others Verizon, AT&T ect...They will have wireless home internet in one or two cities covering couple of city blocks in all 50 states and say we have all states covered...Give us some free $$$$

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why are some people so against Dish over this? I don't get it. They are working to push a fully 5G network out in front and people want them fined because it's not done yet? Some folks need to get a grip.
What do some folks not understand about there being consequences for failure to meet contractual obligations? And why do some folks bend over backwards to apologize for corporate interests over the general public interest?

#hailcorporate

Reactions: AZ.
Not to mention they met their deadline a long time ago, by using their spectrum to transmit WeatherNation wirelessly around the country. They were doing that for a few years.

The government times line just said they had to use it, never said what they had to use it for. :)

Charlie is not a dummy.

I am guessing that DISH will be giving away phones when its really time to go to consumers. I think while "launching" they are doing it to satisfy government timelines, however they are not actually looking to sign anyone up yet, but will if the people want to outlay the money.
I would guess over the next 6 months to a year while the network will be online and available they will be doing a lot of tuning and optimization of the network.

When its "Really" ready to go I have a feeling you won't be able to go anywhere without hearing about Dish Wireless and all their special offers.

Looks like I will be carrying two phones soon. :)
When I first moved to NW Arkansas I found out real quick my Verizon phone does not work very good here. I have to use wifi calling to use it in the house. This is even with a Verizon tower with Band 13 less than a mile from me. This is the same tower that Dish is on. Hopefully Dish cell service will be better.

My wife dropped our only phone a few weeks ago and shattered the screen. It still works, but viewing anything is hard. Hopefully it will hold up until something with Dish comes out.

I'm kinda having a hard time believing the part at the end where he said Our best days are ahead of us...I'm assuming he's talking about the 5g not TV aspect

Like I've said before, none, not one of my customers is in their 20's or 30's anymore. Never, ever. 40's pretty much never. 50'-70's is more common. 80's and 90's is also pretty common. Dish's subscriber loss is due to streaming and old age.
Now, seems to me, making the Hopper into a streaming device and providing the internet access and a 5G phone service is a potential way to win some people back, but the youngest demographics, I doubt will ever come back to pay TV

Perhaps the unitary and simplicity will draw back a few.
Don't see it happening..People are not going to pay for the hopper plus adapter when most already have a firestick or roku...He could have saved some subs if they would have dropped the stupid DVR fees and the extra receiver fees..I have seen it posted many times here that people left dish because of the fees..Most all of the streaming platforms I've seen give you more than one tv with no extra charges..The younger generation isn't interested in dvr's either..They browse and find what they want to watch

Reactions: HipKat
Don't see it happening..People are not going to pay for the hopper plus adapter when most already have a firestick or roku...He could have saved some subs if they would have dropped the stupid DVR fees and the extra receiver fees..I have seen it posted many times here that people left dish because of the fees..Most all of the streaming platforms I've seen give you more than one tv with no extra charges..The younger generation isn't interested in dvr's either..They browse and find what they want to watch
Well this is giving you more than 1 TV and the ability to record and have locals, which is one thing that's hard to find with streaming, isn't it?

Reactions: charlesrshell