Dish Network and Rain!

One of our daughters has kept track over the past year of how long her Dish service was down versus her Spectrum cable Internet service. During the 4 hour prime time her Dish service has been out a total of 27 minutes so far, all during major rain or snow storms. Her cable Internet service has been out 28 hours and 13 minutes during prime time due to storm and vehicle accident damage. For ourselves, even using our portable dish at various sites around the country, our rain outages have been few and typically brief.

Looks like a communications bunker.:)
I wish I had pictures when I had my brother's Beta "Bowtie" D¡SH with a ton of LNBs and whatnot. I aimed it at my neighbors who thought I was spying on them.

The chimney on the right does go all the way to one of two sub-basements/"Bunker" where all the electronics for the house is. And no one can hear anything.....

Sent from my SM-T290 using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I put an umbrella above mine. Works like a brand new babe.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
A D¡SH Rep told me to buy a special cover that they were pushing that used a Tupperware #6 Lid to tent the cover over the LNB, which was a total failure. Then they sent me, which you can kinda see on the top of the 1K2, a Lexan panel to curve around the top of the dish that protects it kinda. That's why back to the two dishes. The Training Tech that reanchored the dishes asked me: "What the hell is that!"

Sent from my SM-T290 using the SatelliteGuys app!

A former neighbor had a small 3 sided A-frame structure he had built for his kids to shelter in while waiting for the school bus. After the kids were off to college, he moved it over his dish and never again had a snow build up issue.

This helps save electricity...works great to control heaters

Amazon product ASIN B0006U2HD2

I use those to control the engine block heaters and internal ceramic heaters for the cockpit controls in my plane. They work very well. I use this one, which is rather accurate, is waterproof, and also shows you if it's on or not.

Amazon product ASIN B074HVYDV1
51C2PTevLvL._SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: TheKrell and AZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts