Dish Network DENIED "Service Address" change...

FYI - Just had fun trying to attempt to have it changed again...

First time, person put in the new address into my BILLING address, not SERVICE address, but wanted to change BOTH addresses and pushed hard to do so, although I was very clear and basically quoted word for word (and CAPS) as Mike mentioned above to change ONLY service address.. Failure on Dish CSR part.

Second time, person swapped addresses with no issues, now I am "moved".

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

I'd like to change my service address DMA from FL to PA for the purposes of getting the Regional Sports Network in PA instead of the FL one. What would that do to my locals? I assume that with Spotbeam, I would lose locals altogether as the Spotbeam for PA would not reach my house in FL?

I would think you would be subscribed to the locals of where you want to move to. But if they are spot beamed, your SOL to get them via Dish. You could check "The List" at the top to see if they are.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

I'd like to change my service address DMA from FL to PA for the purposes of getting the Regional Sports Network in PA instead of the FL one. What would that do to my locals? I assume that with Spotbeam, I would lose locals altogether as the Spotbeam for PA would not reach my house in FL?
Harrisburg's locals are conus on 77, so if you have an Eastern Arc setup you can get them from there.

Sorry, I should have given more specific info. I live in Jacksonville FL and specifically want the Pittsburgh area DMA. I have an older 500 model dish pointed toward the SW sky (119/110), so I assume that's the western arc? Pointing the dish toward the east/southeast is not possible due to a tree line in that direction.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Just don't ask about this on the other side. The mods have a stick up their butts about moving.

JAMES LONG ? A mod with a "Stick up his butt" about moving? NNNNOOOOOOWAAAAAAYYYYYYY? Not the "Super Moderator " himself?:eek:

But seriously, he is the DISH Nazi of all times. He makes the DISH AUDIT team's tactics look tame in comparison . One negative post about DISH or challenge him in anyway intellectually , and he deletes your posts and then over loads you with P.M.s till you finally quit posting at all. Which explains his lack of message threads on his DISH forum. I only go to the "DBS- STALK" website to read the few threads there about once a week. I haven't posted there in a few years now.

JAMES LONG ? A mod with a "Stick up his butt" about moving? NNNNOOOOOOWAAAAAAYYYYYYY? Not the "Super Moderator " himself?:eek:

But seriously, he is the DISH Nazi of all times. He makes the DISH AUDIT team's tactics look tame in comparison . One negative post about DISH or challenge him in anyway intellectually , and he deletes your posts and then over loads you with P.M.s till you finally quit posting at all. Which explains his lack of message threads on his DISH forum. I only go to the "DBS- STALK" website to read the few threads there about once a week. I haven't posted there in a few years now.

Now U shouldn't talk about him like that. He is the Dish Audit trainer. He just can't help himself. :D

Except that the new 77 sat doesn't feature spotbeams.

True but they could move many conus channels from 61.5 to the 77 sat and use more spotbeams on 61.5 . A lot of 61.5 can be used in either spotbeam or conus. They might move the conus locals to spotbeams on 61.5 instead.

True but they could move many conus channels from 61.5 to the 77 sat and use more spotbeams on 61.5 . A lot of 61.5 can be used in either spotbeam or conus. They might move the conus locals to spotbeams on 61.5 instead.
I hope they don't. Makes my potential "move" less desirable.

Simple thing to avoid. It's already been shown that the 61.5 spot doesn't work for Scranton/Wilkes Barre (and as such that had to make it Conus), so just "move" there, as it'll never be put back onto that spot.
And I don't think 61.5 had any spots that would support Harrisburg or Pittsburgh.

Besides, it they ever change things radically (new sat at 61 or 72) you can always move back to Fla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)