Dish Network drops CSNNE, Celtics’ broadcast home

JayR

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
Florida
From the Boston Globe:

Dish Network drops CSNNE, Celtics’ broadcast home

Dish Network dropped Comcast SportsNet New England — the television home of the Celtics, as well as numerous other programs — Wednesday morning after ending negotiations on a carrier extension.

The contract expired June 30, but the sides agreed on a month-long extension through July and then two 24-hour extensions in August before Dish Network pulled the plug.

Well DISH at the least is being honest that it is DISH dropping them and ending negotiations.
“Comcast Sportsnet New England wants to put a double digit rate increase on the backs of consumers for a channel that has seen viewership drop over 40 percent since 2011. DISH is committed to providing high quality sports programming at an appropriate value. We urge Comcast Sportsnet New England to work with DISH to strike that balance."

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchi...work_drops_comcast_sportsnet_new_england.html
I didn't even realize the channel was gone till this posting. It does have some good sports talk shows, and carries the Celtics, but I believe DISH that viewership is down. Celtics were actually dropped from their radio home because of low ratings and the increase in asking cost, and Comcast does not carry any other of the four top sports. Most any college games they carry can be seen on other channels. It was a better channel when it was FOX sports.
Aside from Celtics games there is little else you can't already get from NESN.

Another single team RSN. Best solution would be for it to merge with NESN and have an overflow channel for the occasional conflict.

I was shocked when Dish added Sportstime Ohio (Cleveland Indians) back into the lineup earlier this year after a similar dispute. I fully expected the RSN negotiations with Dish to continue down the path they did wiith SNY, MSG, never-had YES, etc. with STO never to be seen again on DISH. Curious to see how this will play out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)