Dish Network HD hookup

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I currently have Dish network dual tuner standard def. I split tv 2 to multiple rooms and buried coax out to my shop from tv 2. I thinking abouot getting a HD TV and upgrading. Can the HD be split and use my coax out to the shop and get HD out there?
Thanks for any help.

From what I have been hearing there is the 722 receiver that will give one tv HD and then tv2 SD which would give all others SD including the one in your shop, but if you're talking about your plans for HD it sounds like it may call for more than one HD receiver which I hear may result in an additional receiver fee but I know others on here may be able to clarify that for you a little better. Hope this helps somewhat! Go Steelers!

From what I have been hearing there is the 722 receiver that will give one tv HD and then tv2 SD which would give all others SD including the one in your shop, but if you're talking about your plans for HD it sounds like it may call for more than one HD receiver which I hear may result in an additional receiver fee but I know others on here may be able to clarify that for you a little better. Hope this helps somewhat! Go Steelers!

Thats what I understand that I would need 2 receivers. I would still like to have both in the house, just wondering if I can split the hd. The only problem is with the receiver I have now and split tv 2 out to the shop, I can still use tv 2 remote from the shop. From what I understand I wouldn't be able to use the remote for hd in the shop if the receiver is in the house.

Your HD cannot be on rg6 coax. You'd have to use hdmi or component cable. I've heard of an hdmi hub/splitter, but I'm not too sure on that one. You can get a Dish 21.0 remote programmed to TV1 to use uhf in the garage.

Your HD cannot be on rg6 coax. You'd have to use hdmi or component cable. I've heard of an hdmi hub/splitter, but I'm not too sure on that one. You can get a Dish 21.0 remote programmed to TV1 to use uhf in the garage.

Thanks, I guess i'll stay with SD in the shop. I just wanted to put a 32" flat screen on the wall instead of the 19" tube I have now. the shop is seperate from the house, 50' or more and coax ix already buried to the shop. I was going to buy a dynex at BB yesterday and stay with SD in the shop, but guy said SD would look like crap on a 32" flat screen.

I don't know about splitting the HD signal it will probably result in SD on the tv it is being splitted to.

I agree with dahenny either that or depending how far away the shop is an antenna signal extender can be added onto the receiver which is usually included with the receiver.

If you're still going with sd in the shop and using tv2 off of a hd receiver and use the hd channels on the sd tv I don't think looks that's bad. Just my opinion.

I was just told that viewing sd signal on hd tv would look bad. The guy at BB switched the 32" dynex to sd and the pic did look terrible.

I just bought a 32" Vizio flat panel for the dining room. It is currently fed from our 722 on coax from TV2. The SD picture is absolutely awful. It has beautiful HD from the over-the-air tuner in the TV (not thru the 722).

I've got a new 211K receiver on the way for the new TV...

nightowl66 said:
I was just told that viewing sd signal on hd tv would look bad. The guy at BB switched the 32" dynex to sd and the pic did look terrible.

To be honest with you, I think HD looks like crap on a Dynex. Those are Best Buys brand and not very good quality IMHO!

I have TV2 connected to my 19" HDTV in my bedroom via coax. HD channels are "squished" so I set the TV to stretch view. It may not be HD, but it looks good. To me any SD looks better on an HDTV than on a SD set, but I haven't had an SD set to check for quite awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)