Dish Network Holiday Music

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Holiday music is now available through DISH CD in free access! All DISH Network customers with an applicable antenna pointed to the 72.7° or 119° orbital locations now have access to great holiday music through January 1, 2010!

Classic Christmas – The classic sounds of yesteryear featuring artists and songs that define authenticity and nostalgia. Our Classic Christmas program ushers in the season with the familiar favorites that take you back to holidays past. This mid-tempo program is a mix of instrumental and vocal takes on the traditional hits many have loved through the years.

Holiday Program – The joy of the season is brought to life with a mixture of various genres of non-religious holiday songs. Deck the halls with an energetic celebration featuring contemporary holiday performances and favorite classics from some of the most beloved artists of the last 40 years.

In addition for customers with AT 200 and up Sirius XM present Holiday Traditions on Channel 94 / 6004 and Holly on 6003 / 93.

NEW YORK -- Sirius XM Radio announced five holiday themed channels this week to begin broadcasting on the satellite radio service as well as on DirecTV and Dish Network as early as Nov. 16.

As in past years, the holiday programming will feature traditional holiday songs, classical Christmas carols, Hanukkah music, country Christmas hits and contemporary festive music.

Holly (Sirius channel 3, XM channel 23, DirecTV channel 819 and Dish channel 6003/93) will feature contemporary holiday music as well as traditional favorites, including songs by John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban and Michael Buble. It airs Nov. 16 through Dec. 31.

Holiday Traditions (Sirius 4, XM 4, DirecTV 801 and Dish 6004/94) will feature traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff and Nat "King" Cole. It airs Nov. 16 through Christmas Day.

Holiday Pops (Sirius 79, XM 77, DirecTV 866 and Dish 6079) will feature classical Christmas carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price. It begins airing Dec. 7 and runs through Christmas Day.

Country Christmas (Sirius 62, XM 10, DirecTV 808 and Dish 6062) will feature a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers. It also airs Dec. 7 through Dec. 25.

Radio Hanukkah (Sirius 76, XM 28, DirecTV 820 and Dish 6076) will feature an extensive collection of Hanukkah music and special segments celebrating Jewish culture, including Jewish community leaders, prominent artists and various celebrities sharing personal stories and memories about the holiday season.

Radio Hanukkah will also feature a live broadcast of the lighting of the National Menorah on the Ellipse in front of the White House. Radio Hanukkah airs Dec. 7 through Dec. 19.

The holiday music channels will replace several existing channels during the period. Those channels will return after the holiday channels complete their run. The channels affected are Sirius XM Love, 40s on 4, Sirius XM Pops, The Roadhouse and Escape.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story...storyid=137261

Christmas music

Yes, I've been listening to the 2 Sirius Christmas Music channels for a couple of days now. It makes getting up in the morning a little more bearable. Now I have 2 more to put into the mix, with more to follow on the 7th. What a joy !! :D :up :D

These are the mapdowns for Christmas music

091-00 Holiday Music
AUD20

093-00 Sirius Holly
SIRI

094-00 Sirius Holiday Traditions
SIRI

097-00 Christmas Music
MUZK2

I have Classic Silver so it may be different for everyone

It's nice to have them but it's too bad they can't bother to carry the Muzak channels in stereo (again). The bandwidth for audio only streams in negligible. They really don't sound very good in mono and for that matter the Sirius channels don't either with the digital artifacts in the audio.

It's nice to have them but it's too bad they can't bother to carry the Muzak channels in stereo (again). The bandwidth for audio only streams in negligible. They really don't sound very good in mono and for that matter the Sirius channels don't either with the digital artifacts in the audio.

I didn't realize the Muzak channels are in Mono, the Sirius streams don't sound horrible to me.

Only problem is, they took away one of the 2-3 channels I listen to on Sirius. Guess I will be back to the computer for a month or so.

I'm glad to see that the Christmas music is available to Absolute subscribers. I tried to find holiday music the other day, and couldn't find anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts