Dish Network in Baja Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bgiles@cox.net

Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I have a home in Mexico. If I order service in the USA can I take my receiver to my home in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and expect it to work with the Dish antenna I have there. Or do I need to purchase the service and receiver in Mexico? I have been told by Dish that they do not provide service in Mexico, but I know several home owners in Mexico who do currently receive the Dish programming now.

Reactions: c-spand
yes it will work provided the antenna is big enough. you need two antennas to receive the majority of the channels - should be 4 foot for 119 and 6-8 foot diameter for 110 for decent reception. No dish locals unless you are from denver, chicago or NY as of today.

Or you could get Atlanta and San Fransisco thru All American Direct on the Dish system. Have heard many of the locals will be moved to Spotbeams so you have to make sure you pick a city to "move" to that is CONUS

Saw lots of Star Choice (Canada) which carries multiple US cities while I was in Mexico. It apparently has a good signal there.

I wish we could get the entire feeds for all TV programming(via Internet)from across the country--but until then you can easily view live streaming feeds for US network news stations.

LiveNewsCameras.com - Watch Live Streaming News From the USA & World - Beta Version

Maybe others have already seen this site. I found it useful to watch US news while traveling and also to skip between stations to pick up a variety of new stories.

Sometimes a station will go blank during commercials- so if you click on one don't assume its not working- some stations go blank during commercials - others may keep the camera live on traffic or something else.

Also watch out because the federales can really screw you over if they find out you have dish network in mexico. Just a friendly warning. Tins of people in Juarez got busted.

Does anybody know of any suppliers of 1.2M antennas for dish network in Los Barriles or San Jose Del Cabo or Cabo San Lucas?

Thanks,
Ron

Does anybody know of any suppliers of 1.2M antennas for dish network in Los Barriles or San Jose Del Cabo or Cabo San Lucas?

Thanks,
Ron

Todos Santos, Baja, we have DirecTV-Latin American, in our villa, as do all our ex-pat neighbors — for the simple reason, the last thing you want to do is break the law down in Mexico, (Dish logo or blank). The rumors of police in Mexico being corrupt, are true, in most cases. Dish does not provide Latin American services, and they know and understand its pirating (even when paying for it - copyright and licensing only applies to viewership in US). First time you pay them off, they're on you constantly...

Want to be smart... don't even think of doing it. :) It just isn't worth the potential risks, stress, and worries... the only possible exception, mounted on a RV.

I'm a Dish client here, DirecTV-LA there... There're plenty of English programs, bilingual, and CC films via DirecTV-LA... and its cheaper there, as well!

And besides... this conversation promotes illegal usage... Not something we want to promote on SatGuys ;)

Last edited:
RE: Dish Network in Baja California Sur *More Current Info*

I wanted to update this thread since there is a lot of "out of date" information here.

We're able to receive Dish Network in Baja California Sur with a 1 meter dish but you're certainly better off using a 1.2 meter dish (4') as a minimum. Other popular sizes here are 1.5 and 1.8 meters.

Currently, All American Direct supplies the "Big Four" local networks (ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX) from San Francisco and New York. You can also receive the national PBS feed. These channels require a qualifying address to receive them, or a pirated box - something we don't get involved with.

DirecTV doesn't work at all here now and hasn't for a couple of years. We have 100 Dish Network customers and none of them have ever had trouble with the Federales. More to worry about the local police making bogus traffic stops to extort money.

You can still do a two dish system, but the secondary programming is now on the newer Ciel 2 satellite at 129, and no longer on the 110. You can also get by with a 1.2 meter dish on the 129.

Last edited:
As stated in the other thread, you cannot replace 110 with 129. They do not have the same programming. There are HD channels on 110 that are not on 129, not to mention there is no SD national programming on 129.

unless you want HD then 119 & 129 would be the way to do it. But if you want other programming like Spanish or AT250 then you need 119 & 110

maybe you should read post 2 and maybe not bump an ancient thread either ;)

All I am saying is the programming available is not the same for 110 and 129. Yes you can use 119 and 129 and get Dish programming, but if you want channels in the AT250 package or if you were wanting ESPN HD. TNT HD you will not get them by using 129. They are exclusive to the 110 orbital location for a western arc setup. Hence 129 is not a replacement for 110. Doesn't matter if I am in Oklahoma, just look at the programming available from each orbital location.

Let me be more specific about my 129 comment since that's what seems to be causing a dispute:

For anyone in Mexico or Central America who was using two dishes to access Dish Network programming from the 110 satellite and the 119 satellite and is no longer in the signal contour of the 110 satellite, you can reposition your 110 dish on the 129 satellite to gain back some channels.

I didn't mean to imply that the 129 was a programming duplicate for the 110.

Let me be more specific about my 129 comment since that's what seems to be causing a dispute:

For anyone in Mexico or Central America who was using two dishes to access Dish Network programming from the 110 satellite and the 119 satellite and is no longer in the signal contour of the 110 satellite, you can reposition your 110 dish on the 129 satellite to gain back some channels.

I didn't mean to imply that the 129 was a programming duplicate for the 110.

Ok guys here is the truth........

First of all what ever programming choices bajamexico is offering is illegal, and as an advice he shouldnt advertise over the internet, I am not saying he is a pirate retailer but as simple as it gets YOU CAN'T SUBSCRIBE TO DISH NET USA in MEX, so like our canadian friends they use a US Service and Billing address for activating these type of accounts. regarding the US Credit card it is BS, and as far the SSN well if you do not provide it to DISH they would charge a 200 usd activation fee. and honestly I'll rather pay the 200 fee than give my SSN to a third Mexican party.

Now regarding the reception of D Satellites in MEXICO YES we can receive signal from 110 even as far south in Acapulco, to pull all the transponders it is required a 12 ft dish or 2.40 mts dish, currently we can get all the National HD from 129, and all SD from 119 with a 6 footer and all SD and HD from 110 with a 12 footer. as locals channels the markets only available are Denver, Chicago and NYC, and only the SD versions.

So if you are an American who wants American TV in his Mexican beach house, dont worry about the federales, just dont trust the advertises over the newspaper or internet as these guys normally they're the ones who are busted. and 95 % of them usually knows something about how to pirate the signal and once you called them they would lure into getting a HOT CARD.

Ok guys here is the truth........

First of all what ever programming choices bajamexico is offering is illegal, and as an advice he shouldnt advertise over the internet, I am not saying he is a pirate retailer but as simple as it gets YOU CAN'T SUBSCRIBE TO DISH NET USA in MEX, so like our canadian friends they use a US Service and Billing address for activating these type of accounts. regarding the US Credit card it is BS, and as far the SSN well if you do not provide it to DISH they would charge a 200 usd activation fee. and honestly I'll rather pay the 200 fee than give my SSN to a third Mexican party.

Now regarding the reception of D Satellites in MEXICO YES we can receive signal from 110 even as far south in Acapulco, to pull all the transponders it is required a 12 ft dish or 2.40 mts dish, currently we can get all the National HD from 129, and all SD from 119 with a 6 footer and all SD and HD from 110 with a 12 footer. as locals channels the markets only available are Denver, Chicago and NYC, and only the SD versions.

So if you are an American who wants American TV in his Mexican beach house, dont worry about the federales, just dont trust the advertises over the newspaper or internet as these guys normally they're the ones who are busted. and 95 % of them usually knows something about how to pirate the signal and once you called them they would lure into getting a HOT CARD.
Golly, is this flame directed at me?

You don't know anything about my business, so I'll ignore some of this as just plain pitching baseballs in the dark. But we certainly don't engage in piracy or theivery of any sort, nor will we assist customers with pirated systems, and I resent those comments more than anything else you wrote as "the truth..."

There are a couple of companies in our area who are pirates, and every so often we get a call from one of their customers who gets tired of that nonsense. Yes, we have a website but we don't sell equipment over the internet. Our business is local. Everyone we work with has a D system with their own individual US account tied to their own US credit card.

You said you are receiving D in Mexico, and it's clear you don't like pirates. Good for you. I'll assume you have a legal system. Who installed it, and how did you subscribe if you're outside of the US? There are tens of thousands of people outside the US just like you, watching DN, DTV or *C, and they pay money to the service provders each month to do so. I'm a little confused who you're most upset with; non-US D pirates, non-US D subscribers, non-US D installers, or all three?

Golly, is this flame directed at me?

You don't know anything about my business, so I'll ignore some of this as just plain pitching baseballs in the dark. But we certainly don't engage in piracy or theivery of any sort, nor will we assist customers with pirated systems, and I resent those comments more than anything else you wrote as "the truth..."

There are a couple of companies in our area who are pirates, and every so often we get a call from one of their customers who gets tired of that nonsense. Yes, we have a website but we don't sell equipment over the internet. Our business is local. Everyone we work with has a D system with their own individual US account tied to their own US credit card.

You said you are receiving D in Mexico, and it's clear you don't like pirates. Good for you. I'll assume you have a legal system. Who installed it, and how did you subscribe if you're outside of the US? There are tens of thousands of people outside the US just like you, watching DN, DTV or *C, and they pay money to the service provders each month to do so. I'm a little confused who you're most upset with; non-US D pirates, non-US D subscribers, non-US D installers, or all three?

I am NOT upset at anyone, it is simply a comment. I know many subscibers are outside the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)